1/23/13 -- Dolphins (Part 10/16)

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Dolphins (Part 10/16)
Pairings:OhnoxNino
Genre:Fluff, AU, Friendship, Romance
Rating:PG-13 (for language)
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Word Count:903
Summary:The aquarium is a very interesting place for Nino since it's his first time ever being in one.
 


Nino thought he was on the trail of getting lost as a bunch of random strangers came towards them in huge groups. They were either tour groups, or a bunch of s who didn't seem to care that they were breaking them; luckily for him, Satoshi held tightly onto his hand.

"It's a bit crowded here, don't you think?!" He yelled through the crowd that passed besides them cluelessly. "And hot!"

"Sorry, Kazu. I thought this would be a fun date, but we ended up--"

"It is fun!" Nino quickly cut him off, not wanting to see the smile on Satoshi's face to fade away. "There's just so many people."

"Shall we ditch the stingrays then?"

"Yeah," Nino agreed, nodding his head like an eager child. "I would like that."

Soon, they were out of the crowd and it was no longer hot and steamy. Nino was able to relax more and he was glad that Satoshi had been there; if he weren't, he'd probably go crazy.

As they looked for sea creatures for entertainment, they took this chance to finally get to know each other a bit better. Nino learned Satoshi was a skilled artist by showing him a few doodles on a napkin he had left on his pants awhile back. He was also a part of the badminton team, which explains why his skin was so dark from all that exercising and running under the sun.

In turn, Nino told him about himself, only bits thathe could remember. However, he felt he really had nothing to say whereas Satoshi had so much. He realized that after all these years, he never really did anything fun to suffice his youth. First and foremost, he didn't have friends to begin with and no one would even bother to invite him to a party that wasa few blocks from his house. Also, he never really liked to include himself in school activities, afraid that he will never get called on the court.

Instead, his mouth kept closed a few seconds after he spoke and was stopped by Satoshi.

"It's ok, Kazu. You don't have to tell me anything. As long as I get to be besides you to experience everything with you, I won't have to know your story as I've already seen it."

Nino turned around. "You mean it?"

"Hmm?"

"I mean, being with me... I'm strange and all, and no one really notices me. What if one day you stop noticing me too?"

"Look, that won't happen, Ok?" All of a sudden, Satoshi's voice became serious. "I'll always be besides you and I know I'll see you every day, every minute, and every second even if my life depends on it. Don't say those things... they hurt me a little..."

He jumped back in surprise at Satoshi's tone of voice. He has never heard him so defensive about him. "I won't," Nino promised, "I'm just glad to have you."

"I'm glad to have you too, Kazu..."



They ended up spending the rest of the afternoon talking about whatever. Although Nino still doubted himself, he wouldn't allow himself to for Satoshi. By the time both of them realized it, they've already passed the same path, where the aquarium served as a rooftop.

"Hey Kazu?"

"Hmm?"

"Do you want to watch the dolphins?"

At the sound of the suggestion, Nino's eyebrows bounced up. He's never, in his life, seen a live animal show other than in animes or videos he watches from Youtube. "Sure!" He smiled as he pulled Satoshi along.

"Uh... that's the wrong path..."

NIno blushed. "You lead the way then..."



He really did not expect it to be this fun since Satoshi had gotten them the best seat, which was the front row. He was able to clearly see how the trainer would use some kind of technique to get the dolphin to talk to him, and to get it to jump through a hoop in midair. This was way better than seeing it youtube.

"Ah!" Nino yelped as the dolphin's tail splashed water on them. "Cold!"

Besides him, Satoshi laughed. Nino suddenly had the urge to playfully yell at him for not protecting him, but he didn't.

"Is it fun? I mean your first experience getting wet by a dolphin?"

"I guess!" Nino yelled through the yelping crowd as they too were splashed with water.

"Do want me to heat you up? It's getting kind of chilly."

Nino chuckled at Satoshi's suggestion. "Heat me up? You don't have a--"

"Blanket" was what Nino wanted to say, but it seems the latter had found another way to heat him up. In front of, probably a few hundreds of crowd, Satoshi stole his lips again. It was indeed getting him warm that he felt like his clothes were already dried.

"Are you warm enough now?" Satoshi asked him when he let him go with a soft smile.

"I..." Nino looked away. He can totally see his own reflection on the puddle below his feet. "...guess..."

"Good! Now may I take you to dinner?"

"Dinner?!" Nino turned around although the visible blush was still on his face. "But I'm not dried!"

"Don't worry," Satoshi smirked, "You will be when we get there."

"What do you--"

Too late. Satoshi had already grabbed his wrists and it seems like running would be the only way to get himself dried up after all.

TBC