11/19/13 -- Shiver (Part 42/50)

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]
Title:Home Sweet Home: Shiver
Pairing/Character:AibaxNino, JunxNino, Kaze, ShoxOC / Ohno
Genre/Rating:Angst, Fluff, Friendship, Romance / G
Word Count:409
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Summary:What am I supposed to tell Jun? I don’t know.
Warning:Character death


“Kazu-nii, are you OK?” Jun asked as he approached me. I could see how worried he was for me especially how he kept looking at the empty cans of beer that were stacking up in kitchen.

What am I supposed to tell Jun? I don’t know. I remained silent as I took another sip from the can of beer. It felt so cold to the touch even though I’ve already opened it up a few hours ago.

“You have a showing tomorrow,” Jun reminded me yet again as he tried to take the can of beer from me. “You can’t afford to have a hangover…”

I laughed out loud and pulled my hand before Jun had the chance to snatch the can from me. “So what? What’s the point?”

“The point is!” Jun yelled and was too fast for me to have pulled my hand away from him. “Masa-nii would hate to see you this way! And he would be happy if you weren’t such a depressing who’s trying to kill himself slowly by torture!”

I glared at the teenager. Who was he to talk this big to me? Who was he and Father Ohno to tell me that Masa would prefer to see me like this and that?! I…

“I don’t know anymore,” I cried and kicked away the nearest chair from me. “I… what am I supposed to do?”

I felt like a little kid seeking desperately for help and I hated it. Hated how I resorted to this ugly, desperate old man despite being in my late 20s. Was this how I’m going to be, knowing that Masa will never be here for me again?

“First, clean yourself up and this place.”

“OK.”

“Then stop being such a brat because that’s not how the world sees you as… Only Masa-nii and I…” Jun trailed off and I could hear him sniffling. Ever since I became famous and all, Jun was almost like my second manager, except he only took care of me like what I needed to eat, when I needed to exercise and such. I couldn’t have been more proud of him. If Masa knew that Jun worked his off at school and at home, he’d be so proud of him, too.

I shivered from the sudden breeze and I suddenly felt safe and secure as if Masa was here with us… Smiling, I grabbed the teenager towards me and together we wept.
 
TBC