11/16/13 -- Back (Part 39/50)

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

 

Title:Home Sweet Home: Back
Pairing/Character:AibaxNino, JunxNino, Kaze, ShoxOC / Ohno
Genre/Rating:Angst, Fluff, Friendship, Romance / G
Word Count:243
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Summary:Nostalgia hit me when Jun and I took a step on the Manor grounds.
Warning:Character death
A/N:Set five years later, or present time, so not to confuse the change. Nino is 27 years old, and Jun is 17.

 
Present time

Nostalgia hit me when Jun and I took a step on the Manor grounds. How long as it been since I last set foot here? Five years ago, exactly the time Masa had disappeared and decided not to be found by either Jun and I. I wondered why I even decided to come here after that one phone call from Father Ohno last night, but of course I couldn’t help it, especially when it concerned Masa…

Nothing has changed. Not even Masa’s greenhouse that still harbored vibrant flowers in the middle of winter. Even the small house beside it looked like it was being kept clean, by someone none other than Masa himself. Last night, after Father Ohno had called me, I demanded that he tell me about Masa. He told me right away that Masa had been with them for those five years and had lived with them until last night, and hadn’t stopped tending to the greenhouse even if his life was in danger.

Then he told me that Masa had gone without a goodbye, and that he was smiling even in his forever slumber…

I cried as I held onto Masa’s pillow that had his scent. It was so strong as if Masa was still there, perhaps in the kitchen cooking up some steak or hamburgers for dinner tonight.

But he was gone, and the Manor felt like a whole another different place.

Even if things hadn’t changed.
 
TBC