11/13/13 -- Faith (Part 36/50)

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]
Title:Home Sweet Home: Faith
Pairing/Character:AibaxNino, JunxNino, Kaze, ShoxOC / Ohno
Genre/Rating:Angst, Fluff, Friendship, Romance / G
Word Count:529
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Summary:I wasn’t prepared to be by him right now and I felt such an for it.
Warning:Character death


It took me three hours to get myself straight and visit Masa. By then, the sun was beginning to rise and it looked so beautiful within the horizon. I laughed bitterly, knowing that the world was playing at us. After I threw the empty can, I walked back inside and hoped that I was prepared for this…

I immediately found Masa’s room on the fourth floor, where all the cancer patients were resting. When I entered, I saw Jun was fast asleep beside the bed, his hand holding Masa’s loosely. I smiled slightly when I realized just how much Jun cared, but it went away when I saw Masa’s eyes on me. His eyes were puffy and red and I could tell he cried while I wasn’t around to face him.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” I asked quietly and refused to walk to his side. I wasn’t prepared to be by him right now and I felt such an for it.

“Funny that ever after they contacted my real family, they still didn’t come or call at all,” was what Masa said instead and faced left so I would see his face. He sniffled loudly and breathed out. I knew that he wanted to cry again, but he was trying his best to hold it out.

“They’ll come…” I said without thinking, but Masa laughed bitterly.

“Why would they even after they selfishly gave me away…”

Without me realizing it, I ran to the other side and I saw a startled Masa about ready to cry again. I grabbed his other hand and kissed him on his forehead.

“We’re still family, don’t forget that,” I reminded him and because of it Masa began crying again. Of course, I wanted answers from Masa then, but how could I selfishly ask for it when the love of my life was suffering and was hurt that his family might never come again? For the whole day, Jun and I stayed by Masa’s side, not caring at all about going to school. Masa needed us and we were going to be with him throughout all this…

I fell asleep without realizing it and was woken up when I saw a boy, about the same age as Jun run in the room. He had a slightly brownish hair and he had Masa’s eyes and nose. Although they looked different, I knew right away that it was Masa’s real brother, Yusuke. He’s told me so much about him and how much he played with him until he was sent away one night.

“Masaki!” The boy yelled and ran to Masa’s side. “Wake up! It’s me, Yusuke!”

I could feel Masa stir in his bed and soon I heard a gasp come from him. As the two stared at each other in silence, I urged Jun to follow me outside and noticed that there was no one else outside of Masa’s room. Did Yusuke come alone?

“No matter what,” Jun began as we sat on the opposite wall of Masa’s room. “We have to have faith in Masa-nii.”

“We do,” I agreed. “Even if it means we’re going to be hurt by the end.”
 
TBC