10/28/13 -- Green (Part 20/50)

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]
Title:Home Sweet Home: Green
Pairing/Character:AibaxNino, JunxNino, Kaze, ShoxOC / Ohno
Genre/Rating:Angst, Fluff, Friendship, Romance / G
Word Count:864
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Summary:"Green is my favorite color!"
Warning:Character death 
 

Spring was just around the corner and I was glad because I couldn’t stand the cold any longer. However, it was still cold and I absolutely refused to step out of manor, or my bed for that matter.

Masa seemed to be the only one enjoying the weather seeing the way he jumped excitedly on his bed. “Come on! We have to go out. The grass is bright green, the sky is awesome, and I’m sure it’s warm!”

I groaned. “And what does that have to do with me?”

“Well, you’re my best friend and I wanna share the sight with you duh,” Masa said in a-matter-of- fact tone. “Besides, green is my favorite color!”

I turned my head to take a look at him. He had the brightest smile, brighter than the sun that I had to look away. It wasn’t because it blinded me. It was because I felt my heart racing fast against my chest and I thought it was going to burst the longer I kept my eyes on him. I swear…Masa makes me crazy.

“F-fine,” I finally gave in. “It better be warm or I’m going back in.” What I didn’t tell him was that I was already warm from seeing his smile earlier…

Masa sighed in awe as we walked out of the manor. It was cold, but I felt a change of mind to stay with Masa. I searched the main grounds and noticed that it was only just us two; the others were probably enjoying their Saturday in their beds or having hot cocoa besides the fireplace. I used to be just like the others, not giving a care about the outside world. I always thought it was something that was just there and that it had nothing to do with me. Since Masa came, I saw the world differently and sometimes I couldn’t wait for an adventure; there was always something new when it came to Masa.

“No, you’re not lying on the grass,” I managed to say when I saw that Masa was kneeling on the grass. “I brought a blanket.”

"Aw, you’re no fun Kazu,” Masa pouted. I looked away; his facial expressions were beginning to become unbearable. “But it is a bit wet. Thanks, Kazu!”

Once I finished setting up the blanket, Masa and I claimed our sides. It wasn’t comfortable to say the least, but it was definitely better than what Masa had in mind.

For once, Masa was calm. He wasn’t speaking hurriedly and excitedly or finding ways to bother me somehow. He was quiet that I almost thought he was no longer besides me until I turned to look at him. He had a calm expression and a slight smile playing on his lips. I couldn’t tell what he was thinking at all.

“Kazu.”

I felt as if I was in a trance the longer I stared at Masa. The longer I stared, I felt as if was falling in deeper and it didn’t feel as bad. It felt more of like falling down onto a sea of pillows.

“Kazu.”

I just wanted to reach my hand out and—

I jumped when I felt a warm hand take mines. I hadn’t realized that I was actually reaching out for Masa.

“I-I was… uh… you were… uh um…” I couldn’t speak for the life of me and I sound so stupid.

“Kazu, thank you.”

“I—wait, what?”

“I know you always get pissed off or annoyed of me, but you still do whatever with me. If it was someone else, I would be alone. So thank you, Kazu. You’re so important to me and Jun-kun, too.”

“I—you’re welcome,” was all I managed to say. I wanted to tell him, too, how important he is to me, but I couldn’t say it.

“Yay!” Masa grinned, his eyes sparkling happily. Seeing him happy made me happy, too.

“Look, it’s a dog!” He pointed to a faint cloud innocently passing by. “I used to have a dog,” Masa murmured quietly. He must have thought that I didn’t notice the hurt in his voice and the pained expression on his face before he replaced it with a smile.

“Then we’ll get a dog,” I told him.

Masa’s eyes brightened as he turned his head to face me. “Really?!”

“Really,” I smiled. “You, Jun, me, and a cute fluffy dog in our own house. Also, our grass is going to be this green.”

Masa groaned. “Can we grow up now, then, please?!”

I laughed at Masa’s impatience. But I, too, wanted to grow up soon and get out of here. Then we can start a family of our own and—

My eyes widened. What was I thinking? Masa and I have a very, very close friendship and it wasn’t going to be more than that. We’ll just live together as best of friends and nothing more. But somehow, the thought of Masa and I being in a relationship kept making its way in and my stomach felt funny in a good way. It didn’t get better when Masa tightened his hand around mines. I hadn’t realized he had never let go of my hand.

TBC