1/20/13 -- Strawberries (Part 7/16)

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Strawberries (Part 7)
Pairings:OhnoxNino
Genre:Fluff, AU, Friendship, Romance
Rating:PG-13 (for language)
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Word Count:802
Summary:Despite of his hallucinations from the night before, Nino still allowed Ohno to enter his house.

 


As Ohno stepped in his room, memories of last night hit him in the face. It started from the moment he finally stepped out of his house, the unexpected hug, and his crazy hallucinations his confused mind produced. He suddenly had the urge to ask Ohno to leave, but his mouth did not move the way he wanted them to. Instead, he watched the latter sit on the floor before he came in as well.

“What’s wrong?” Ohno asked as soon as he sat on his bed. “You haven’t said anything since I came, and surprisingly, you didn’t bad mouth me.”

“N-nothing!” Nino quickly denied, hating how his cheeks decided to burn up right after.

Ohno raised his eyebrows, his facial expression showing concern. “Are you sick? Your cheeks are red.”

He quickly shook his head as he brought his hands to his cheeks, hoping that it would stop Ohno from questioning him. However, it did not help. The student was obviously worried about him and he showed this by coming closer to him.

“Don’t go any closer or I’ll kick you,” Nino warned, moving closer and closer to the wall.

“I just want to check your temperature to make sure,” The student told him as he moved closer despite the warning.

“I’m warning you, Ohno. I really can kick.”

Ohno laughed. “It’s not like I’m going to bite. I just need to check your temperature.”

“No...” Nino mumbled just like a stubborn kid would. The more Ohno moved closer the more he really felt like kicking him in the face, but he couldn’t bring himself to do it anyways. Unfortunately, he couldn’t avoid him any longer since his back had already touched the wall; Nino raised his leg as a sign.

“Go--”

Nino was unable to continue telling Ohno to go away when he felt a soft hand grab his legs to put them down. Just like last night, the springs on his bed creaked when Ohno was on top of it. He immediately closed his eyes, for fear that last night would repeat itself, when Ohno leaned towards him.

“Hmm... I guess you’re fine,” He heard Ohno mumble as the springs on his bed creaked again. Nino opened his eyes and sighed in relief, realizing that Ohno really was just concerned about him.

“What are you so relieved for?” The student asked him as he sat back down on the floor.

“N-nothing...”

“What?” Ohno scoffed, “You think I really was going to bite you?”

“No...” I thought you were going to kiss me “It’s just... I don’t let others touch me without permission.”

“Oh yeah,” Ohno laughed. “I’m sorry about that. I guess I just can’t help myself around you.”

At the end of Ohno’s sentence, something inside his chest beat a loud tune. “What?”

“Never mind what I said,” Ohno mumbled before taking out a few games Nino asked him to bring. “Shall we play these games?”

Nino shook his head, wanting to confirm what Ohno told him. “I want to know what you said.”

“It’s nothing, really.”

“Tell me or I’ll... I’ll...” He couldn’t think of anything off of the top of his head to make Ohno tell him. There was always torture, but it only works if he were a bad guy. Maybe he can force it out of him? “I’ll--”

“I said I can’t help myself around you,” Ohno repeated, allowing Nino to confirm that he had heard it right.

“What do you mean by that?” He asked although he clearly knew what Ohno meant; he just wanted to confirm it for sure that what he was thinking isn’t what Ohno means.

“I...” The latter paused for a second before he stood up and faced his back towards Nino. “I... like you, Nino.”

“You mean as a friend, right?”

“No.”

“As a brother?”

“No.”

“Then what?” Nino asked as he ran out of options for his definition of the word ‘like.’

“I mean I want to be with you... I’ve always had...”

Nino scoffed. “You’re joking right?”

He waited for Ohno to laugh but it didn’t come as seconds ticked by. The longer Ohno stood quiet, the more Nino’s eyes widen in realization that he wasn’t joking around. Just as Nino was about to open his mouth to speak, instead he felt something soft as a hand made their way around his neck.

Nino tried to pull back, realizing that his hallucinations from last night were really coming true; but he didn’t. Instead, Nino closed his eyes, bringing his hands behind Ohno’s neck as well. As he pulled Ohno closer, he thought in his head of how tasty Ohno’s lips actually were.

Hmmm... strawberries, he thought as he continued to move with Ohno, I can get used to this.

TBC