10/20/13 -- Special (Part 12/50)

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Home Sweet Home: Special
Pairing/Character:AibaxNino, JunxNino, Kaze, ShoxOC / Ohno
Genre/Rating:Angst, Fluff, Friendship, Romance / G
Word Count:700
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Summary:"You look stupid."
Warning:Character death
 


It was difficult to keep Aiba from taking photos of me in my most embarrassing moments, especially when I’m taking a nice hot shower in the middle of December. I warned him a couple of times that I’d confiscate the camera, but I went against my own words when I see the happiness in his eyes wash away. Instead, I told him many times to take photos only of Jun, nature, or whatever, besides using me as a subject; he did as I asked, but it only last for a day. Yet as I laid besides Aiba on his bed, underneath his curtain of photos, I never asked him to take it down. I don’t know why, but hearing Aiba’s content sighs as he and I stared at every embarrassing photo he collected.

Strange, I thought as I stared at the collection, there wasn’t a photo of Aiba, he and I, and the three of us together. “Aiba, wanna take a photo together?”

As soon as I finished asking, he sat up right away and had the camera in his hand. “I thought you were never going to ask.”

“Don’t look stupid,” I suggested as I sat up and moved closer until there was no space between us. “Cheese in 3.” Before I counted, I fixed mine and Aiba’s pajamas from wrinkles when the flash suddenly went off.

“I wasn’t ready!” I yelped and took the film when it came out of the camera. This was another one of Aiba’s uncontrollable problems with the camera: his counting basics rarely existed. However, I hadn’t realized that the film was being developed as Aiba and I fought for it.

However, he suddenly jerked to a stop and pointed at the film in my hand. “Kazu’s cute here!”

“Wha-”

His interjection managed to distract me that I hadn’t noticed the film’s disappearance from my hand.

“This is the cutest picture of Kazu yet. Look.”

I was still far away in my own world with Aiba’s earlier words ringing in my ears when something was being waved frantically in front of my face. It was the film, but I could barely see us. I nudged him on the stomach. “Stop waving it around, dummy.”

When he finally stopped and the photo was in front of my face, I was confused. There was nothing cute about me fixing his pajamas when he could have done it himself. Aiba, on the other hand, grinned widely as if he's been prepared way before. "You look stupid."

"No, Kazu look." He pointed at my face in the photo with his long finger, but I still couldn't find it.

"I don't-"

"Kazu's blind," Aiba giggled and brought it closer to my face. “Look.”

“I still don’t-” I closed my mouth when I finally saw it: a smile on my face. I tried remembering if I smiled, tried coming up with a theory as to how that smile got on my face, but nothing came. All there was in my mind was the thought of Aiba that stuck no matter how hard I tried to get him off my mind. What’s wrong with me?

“Do you see it?”

I wanted to say that I did, but my mouth was clamped shut.

Aiba pouted. “Well, it’s ok. I really, really like this photo, Kazu… but you can keep it.”

“Why?” So now it spoke.

“Because…” Aiba paused for a second and I swore I saw a smile I had never seen on Aiba’s face before: it was soft and looked as if he was about to cry, but it must have been my imagination when he looked up with a goofy grin. “It’s worth keeping for Kazu.”

“But it’s yours, and-”

Aiba handed me the photo without a word before he jumped off of the bed and skipped towards the bathroom. Sometimes, I questioned his strange acts of selflessness especially when it came to me. But as I stared at our photo together, the question quickly faded away within a second.
 
TBC