1/19/13 -- Intoxication (Part 6/16)

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Intoxication (Part 6/16)
Pairings:OhnoxNino
Genre:Fluff, AU, Friendship,
Rating:PG-13 (for language)
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Word Count:712
Summary:Nino believes he was poisoned thus his imaginations go wild.


 


Nino laid awake that same night he had finally stepped out from his lair. He still couldn’t decipher the meaning behind Ohno calling him important, or why he had hugged him without his permission. Likewise, he didn’t know whether to be angry or... happy?

“Happy...” Nino mumbled as he closed his eyes and sighed. “What does me being happy have to do with Ohno?”

Once again, he was troubled. So many things, questions, events, feelings, and whatever else was bothering him that he felt like his head was going to explode any minute. However, it was strange how all of this confusion connected to Ohno.

“Ugh!” He groaned, grabbing a handful of hair. “What is it about him?!”

“I don’t know.”

Nino gasped. There was another voice other than his in his room, and he was sure as heck he had rid of Ohno hours ago. Terrified, he slipped under his blankets and hid there in hopes this voice was not dangerous of some sort.

“It’s ok, Nino,” the voice repeated again, “I’m not gonna hurt you.”

“Says who?” He trembled as he curled into a ball.

“It’s me, Ohno.”

“Ohno?!” At the sound of the voice’s name, he jumped out from the blanket. Instead of seeing the him in his uniform, he was instead dressed up in some odd robe as if he came from one of his video games.

Nino laughed. “What are you wearing? You look like a mage.”

“Doesn’t matter, Nino. What matters is you.”

Nino tilted his head to the side. “There you go again. What do you mean about me being important?”

Ohno shrugged. “I don’t know.”

“What?! But you’re the one who said those words!”

“I know, but I’m just a figment of your imagination.”

“Ima--”

Nino reached out towards Ohno to slap and call him an idiot when his hand passed through him. He did it again. And again. And again.

“Am I going crazy?”

“No,” Ohno answered right away, “You just happen to think of me too often.”

“Thi-- No, I’m not! That’s ridiculous.”

“Then why am I here?”

Nino had no clue. Besides, why did he even bother to continue talking to his craziness. It would probably be better if he ignored crazy instead. Sighing, he turned around.

“Don’t ignore me,” Ohno whined. “You know I’m here.”

“Go away. I’m not here right now. Please leave a message after the beep. Beep,” He imitated the phone as if doing so would make crazy go away.

“You’re not a phone, Nino,” He heard him giggle as the springs on his bed creaked.

“Maybe I am.”

“Or maybe...” The springs on his bed creaked even louder as a hand landed on his back.

Startled, Nino turned around. He definitely saw Ohno’s eyes stare back at him, surprised, before it closed and he pulled away. “... You like me.”

“You... You kissed me!” Nino yelled as he stood up and walked towards the latter. “Who gave you--”

“Kazunari?”

Nino was in the middle of the room, halfway to losing it, when the door opened revealing his worried mom.

“Who are you talking to?” She asked as he stepped in and took a look around his darkened room.

“Oh--” Nino closed his mouth shut, realizing that the student was not, in fact, in his room. He had forgotten for a moment that the Ohno earlier was just his crazy hallucinations. “No one. I was... sleepwalking...”

“Do you want me to--”

“No, mom,” He grumbled. “I do not want you to stay in my room and monitor me.”

“Oh, alright. Goodnight, honey,” She addressed before once again, he was left completely alone.

As Nino walked back to his bed, he put his fingers on his lips. It felt real as if Ohno was really there, but then again he was so lost about everything. Sighing, he decided to sleep instead, hoping that by tomorrow, he would forget what just happened.

The following morning, Nino did not forget it. He couldn’t get the kiss scene away from his mind, and neither could he stop his cheeks from going back to its normal temperature. To make it even worse, Ohno dropped by in the afternoon and Nino could not take his eyes off of Ohno’s lips.

TBC