1/18/13 -- Important (Part 5/16)

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Important (Part 5/16)
Pairings:OhnoxNino
Genre:Fluff, AU, Friendship,
Rating:PG-13 (for language)
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Word Count:600
Summary:Nino still doesn't consider Ohno's presence in his household. 

 


Nino had not, in fact, still couldn't get used to Ohno's (Nino decided to call him by this) presence, although Ohno had already made himself home to the point where inviting him to dinner was considered "normal."


"So, Ohno-kun," Nino's mom started as she neatly set her utensils besides her plate, "What made you want to drag our son to school?"

"Ah, mom, don't--"

Ohno beat him to it first as soon as his mouth opened.

"It's... Complicated. I g--" Ohno shook his head, "I want to see him go to school."

"Oh, I see," Nino's dad (it's his turn now) nodded his head in interest. "Keep going at it."

"Not you too--"

"We would be glad to see Kazunari,” his mom glared at him as she stressed his name, “to go to school again. Thank you, Ohno-kun, for considering his presence.”

“You’re welcome,” Ohno grinned, “Nino is important.”

The rest of the dinner was spent well involving around Ohno. His parents, and even his sister, asked him questions regarding his future and what his life was like. It was as if Ohno was really part of the family. However, Nino could not forget when Ohno had mentioned he was important. What did he mean that he was important? Important to everyone at school, or important to him? Well, whatever Ohno meant, Nino ignored it. For the rest of the time, Nino glared at the student, wondering why his family was so interested in him.



“Thank you!” Ohno bowed respectfully as soon as he stepped out through the front door. “I enjoyed eating dinner, especially the dinner you made, Ninomiya-san.”

“My my,” Nino’s mother blushed a bright pink, “You are welcome anytime.”

Nino scoffed. “As if.”

“Good night,” Both his sister and his dad greeted him, “Get home safely.”

As the three of them happily greeted each other, all Nino did was watch in disgust. It was as if Ohno really was already accepted by the three of them. The last to hug Ohno goodbye was his mom before she decided to bug him about saying goodbye as well.

“Fine,” Nino gave up as he walked towards the latter. “G’bye.”

“Nino!” Ohno gasped, “You... look down!”

He scrunched his eyebrows in confusion, wondering what Ohno was going on about; he did it anyways.

At first, he was confused. The harder Nino stared, the more he understood why Ohno sounded so surprised.

“I... I’m outside?” He questioned in thought as he picked up his right feet and dropped it down; he did the same with the left.

“Congratulations, Nino!” He heard the latter cheer as a hand patted him on the back. “You did it!”

“I... it’s been long since I came out of the house...”

“I know,” Ohno hummed, “And I’m glad you finally came out of that house. You are important after all.”

Nino looked up once he heard the questioned word from the dinner discussion. So, what does he really mean when he was important? How does finally stepping out of the house make him so important?

“Well, I have to go. See you tomorrow.”

“See--”

Nino grunted with eyes wide open. Other than the fact that he was surprised of finally stepping out, he was surprised as well since Ohno had hugged him without permission.

“--You...” Nino continued once the latter let go, and walked away.

“Huh...” Nino wondered as he walked back in once he watched Ohno’s figure turn into ant-size, “What does he mean about me being important? And who gave him the permission to hug me?!”

TBC