9/26/13 -- Purr #7

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Purr (Animalverse series #7)
Pairings:JunxNino, AibaxNino, Kaze
Genre/Rating:Fluff, Humor, Animalverse / G
Word Count:550
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Summary:Aiba and Jun are starting to get along, but Nino disapproves of it.
 



Nino eyed the kitten as he sauntered proudly across the white carpet until he saw the puppy. The kitten immediately ran towards Masaki, an excited smile on his face. The past week, the two had been getting along and suddenly became fast friends. Because of this, Nino was almost excluded when it was play time (there was no one to fight over the yarn ball anymore), but sometimes he was never invited (thanks to Jun because he kept pushing him out). It wasn't fair. Jun was Nino's scapegoat before they even met Masaki.

He hissed and growled as the two played together with his favorite yarn ball, and grimaced when the stupid puppy drooled all over it. There was no way Nino was ever going to touch that thing ever again. He wanted to throw up when he saw Masaki Jun's small face. If he were Masaki, he would have put his whole mouth around the kitten's head until he cried for help. The longer he watched the two, the more he couldn't stand it. Just as Jun was about to climb on top of Masaki's back, he ran in between the two, knocking the both of them aside.

"Wan wan wan! (Nino wants to play, too!)" Masaki barked excitedly as he stood back on his feet.

"Nya! (No!)" Jun hissed and tried to swat Nino away with his tail, but it failed because it was still too short.

"Nyan nyan nyan nya. (Jun, you come with me.)" Nino ignored the kitten's protests as he pushed him away from Masaki.

"Nya-- (But--)"

"Nya! (No!) Nyan nyan nya, nyan nya (You can't play with anyone, but me)."

"Nyan nyan nyan nya... (But all you do is play pranks on me...)"

"Nya? (So?)" Nino shrugged indifferently.

"Nyan nya! (You hurt me!)"

Nino glanced at the carpet for a second. Jun was right about him, but it's not like it's because he hated him... Nino decided. He looked up from the carpet and stared into Jun's light blue eyes. Without a word, he rubbed himself against Jun's face and purred. "Nya... (Sorry...)" Nino apologized honestly. "Nyan nyan nya? (Will you play with me instead of that idiot then?)"

He could feel the vibration in Jun's body as he hummed and the feel of his fur standing up straight as if he was surprised. "Nya... (Ok...)" Jun replied awkwardly and stuck close to Nino's leg, just like when he was afraid of Masaki's arrival. "Nyan nyan nya? (Promise you won't hurt me?)"

"Nyan. Nyan nyan nyan. (Promise. I'm not like that idiot who will eat you up whole with this huge mouth.)"

"Wan! Wan wan! (Hey! I wanna join too!)" The puppy joined in, but was easily pushed away with Nino's tail.

"Nyan nya. Nyan nyan nya (No way. Go chase after you tail.)" Nino snickered as he and Jun walked inside of their owner's room in search for the scratch pole. As soon as they arrived, however, Nino couldn't help himself even when he promised Jun. He took a step in front of the kitten, opened his mouth and tried to fit the kitten's head in his mouth. Unfortunately, his mouth wasn't as big as Masaki's and Jun ran away crying for help and screaming traitor.

Well, at least he tried.

TBC