5/26/13 -- Satoshi (Part 3/3)

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Satoshi (Part 3)
Character(s)/Pairing:Ohno, OhnoxOC (mother-son relationship), OhnoxNino, OCxOC
Genre:Fluff, Angst, Family
Rating:PG
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Word Count:1530
Summary:An about-to-be-mother wanted a girl, but she brought a boy into the world instead.
 

 


She stared at her hand in horror, unable to speak or come up with anything as to why she had slapped her most precious son. She never would have thought that from the day Satoshi was born and the future that she would ever raise a hand on Satoshi, even if her son did something against her wishes. Yet, she stood there, agape, and horrified of herself. Is this... Is this what they call... a monster parent?

“Eri...”

Although she hadn’t meant to, she hissed and pulled her hand away from her husband. What has gotten into me? She yelled inside of her mind where only she can hear it.

“G...go to your room...” She trembled as she ordered Satoshi. However, Satoshi did not move; she can feel his eyes on her burning face. “Go to your room,” She told him again, wishing that at the moment, her lips were sewn together by one of her threads.

“Ma-”

“Please.”

Not another word came out of Satoshi’s and her husband’s mouth, not even a single sound to let her know they were still there. But she can feel them staring at her, and she was terrified of being seen as a disappointment. Biting back a whimper, she turned around and headed towards her kitchen -- an escape from everything else.

“Eri- Satoshi, go to your room. We’ll talk later.”

She dared not to turn around as her husband’s footsteps came nearer, inch by inch in a slow pace as if she was a dangerous species of human. However, as she leaned against the sink, familiar arms s around her waist. Her lips formed a small smile, but it immediately fell down when their son came to mind.

“Do you remember when we were in love?” She asked him in a soft sigh.

“Of course, Eri. We were stupid teenagers then, we didn’t know what we were doing.”

She almost laughed, remembering how she went against her parent’s expectations just to be with Satoshi’s father. But she bit it back, thinking that now wasn’t the best time to have a good laugh.

“And then-”

“And then we married without your parent’s permission,” Her husband continued for her. “And had Satoshi.”

“We did.” This time, she smiled and refused to let it leave. “We did... Takuya... I think I slapped Satoshi because-”

“Ohno-sa--”

The both of them turned around, seeing a very thin and trembling frame standing awkwardly besides the kitchen entry; she immediately recognized him. He was the little boy her son declared his best friend. The little boy who would hold her son’s hands when they were children. The little boy who called her ‘mama’ without hesitating. The little boy her son came to love. The little boy her son let go.

“I’m sorry,” Nino quickly apologized, turning around so she and her husband wouldn’t see how red his eyes were. “I’d better-”

“No, stay.” Usually, she would have been the one to say it, but it didn’t come out of . “Stay for dinner.”

A small gasp came out of as she turned to face her husband. Did he just-.

“I’m sorry, Ohno-san, I can’t,” Nino sniffed. “I have... things, to do.”

“Stay,” Her husband demanded roughly as if he was doing this for his own good. “Please, Nino-kun. Eri’s making your favorite meal today: hamburger.”

When did I say I was going to make that?

“No, it’s-”

This time, it was her turn. Before Nino attempted to leave, she pulled away from her husband and gently pulled Nino back. The teen tried to resist, but it wasn’t like she had a strong grip anyways. “Stay, Nino-kun. No one’s asking you to leave.”

He looked to his left and she knew what he was trying to say. But she couldn’t take no for an answer, not now and not when her husband offered it in the first place.

“We won’t bring him to dinner,” She said finally after hearing Nino sniff back a tear. “Satoshi will eat in his room today.”



It must have been her persistence, but Nino eventually stayed for dinner. She knew how awkward it must be to be in Nino’s place, seeing him sit so silently and lonely besides Satoshi’s empty chair in the dinner table. It was during this time, before all this happened, that the two boys would pick play-fights with each other. But those two little boys were no longer little.

“Nino-kun,” Her husband started after a long awkward silence that lingered in the air. “Why did Satoshi pick you?”

“Takuya!” She hissed, giving small worried glances towards Nino.

“... I ... it’s …” Nino stuttered, playing with the lettuce that fell from his uneaten burger that he only touched once. “Well, sir... it’s because he said... he loved me.”

Her husband raised an eyebrow. “And because he said this, you started dating my son.”

“Y-yes...”

“And you love him back?”

“Y-yes...sir...”

Her husband hmphed. “It does not sound like you do, Nino-kun. Say it louder. When a man is in love, he declares it at the top of his lungs.”

She nodded in agreement, remembering how her husband, before they were married, used to do it everyday, enough to break his pride. Just as she was about to take another bite from her burger, though, she paused. Something odd was going on, she thought, something definitely odd. Was is something her husband said?

“S-sir?”

“Nino-kun... I still disapprove of your relationship with my son, but I do not want to see him suffer because of you -- neither my wife, for that matter. But, if you truly love my son, you wouldn’t walk out of that door, despite of the unfortunate events that happened today.”

She was about to nod her head again in agreement when she bit into her burger, did she stop. Upon realizing what her husband was going on about, she flicked her head back and forth between the two of them. Nino, whose eyes were back to normal, stared at her husband with his mouth wide open in shock. Her husband, on the other hand, kept biting on the burger he firmly gripped in his hands.

“Takuya?” She nudged her husband who looked as if he was straining to eat through his burger normally.

“Eat,” Her husband ordered. “It’s a waste to throw away such delicious food.”

She was about to ask Nino to confirm what her husband just babbled was real. However, Nino kept taking a bite out of his burger as tears came out of his eyes. It seemed that both were too interested in her version of an American hamburger.



“Takuya,” She whispered in the night, hoping her husband was somewhat awake. “Did you mean what you said today?”

There wasn’t a reply. Of course, there wasn’t. He had work the following day and he needed sleep to work correctly. Either way, she sighed contentedly. “I think you did,” She answered for him.



It was no surprise to see Nino sitting besides Satoshi the following day since she and her husband insisted that Nino stay for the night. Neither seemed to speak to each other, but she noticed every time she would sneak a glance (she wasn’t sure if they’ve gotten back together, though). Her son would try to smile, but every time Nino looked, he tried to wipe it off. She wanted to say something to Satoshi, that last night’s event was strange and that his father somewhat accepted them, but instead she kept shut. As soon she set four white plates on the table, she almost jumped in surprise, but she managed to calm her nerves. It was when her husband came down for breakfast did she notice the two boys were openly holding hands on the table; neither she nor her her husband said anything...

“I like Nino-kun, too,” She told her husband before seeing him off to the car.

“Haven’t you always,” he laughed, “You treated him as a son like Satoshi.”

Just as she was about to say something, however, her husband was already in the car. She didn’t want to bother him any longer and make him late for work, so she just waved goodbye and watched the car disappear. As soon as the car was out of sight, she walked back inside, only to find Satoshi and Nino playing with each other again -- just like when they were barely four feet tall; she smiled at the nostalgic sight.

She resumed working in the kitchen, pretending she had other things to do, when really, she just wanted to hear her son’s calming laughter. Maybe it was just her, but Satoshi and Nino reminded her of two stupid teenagers who did anything just to be together in the past. But in the end, those two teenagers became adults, got married, had a cute little son and raised him to be a proper man. Their love should never be interrupted, she thought, Satoshi and Nino deserves to be happy. With that thought in mind, she cooked another batch of hamburger from last night for her two boys.

END