5/12/13 -- Invite

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Invite
Pairings:AibaxNino
Genre:Fluff, Friendship
Rating:G
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Word Count:286
Summary:Aiba felt like he lost his only best friend in the world who didn't even invite him to his birthday party.
 


Aiba was the only who wasn't invited, out of the whole school, to Nino's birthday party. And it was completely unfair because Nino was his best friend. He asked Sho why Nino didn't give him one, but he said he didn't know; neither did Ohno or Jun knew why.

The day after Nino gave out the invitations, and the day after, he never got one. Usually after school, he would go home with him, but he decided not to.

The day before Nino's birthday, everyone was talking about it. It was the buzz, by the way, but Aiba felt like he didn't belong in the conversation. Even with Nino, beaming at everyone so proudly, who didn't bother to ask or invite him.

"You're not my friend anymore," Aiba told Nino in the afternoon. "You hate me."

Nino looked at him curiously. "What do you mean, Aiba?"

"You never invited me."

Then he smiled as if his words were a joke. "You are stupid!" Nino laughed. "I don't need to invite you!"

"W-What's that supposed to mean?!" He asked and felt as if the world suddenly fell down on him.

"I meant," Nino rolled his eyes, "That you're my best friend. You don't need a special paper just to get invited. You're always welcome in my home."

"Then does that mean--"

Nino sighed heavily, but Aiba knew he was just acting. For an about-to-be-8 year old, Nino was very good at acting. "Idiot. Yes, you're invited."

"Oh..." Aiba breathed in relief, "I thought you hated me."

"I will never," Nino grinned. "Now come with me! We have lots to do."

Aiba smiled as Nino pulled him away. "'Kay!"

END