4/11/13 -- Sweets (Part 2/2)

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Sweets 2/2
Pairings:ShoxOhno
Genre:Angst, Romance, Fluff
Rating:G
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Word Count:1711
Summary:Sho's opinion about sweets and chocolates changed since he found out about his secret admirer.
 


Sho hated himself, but it wasn’t in a bad way at all. Just the fact, and the thought, of Ohno’s presence being near him everyday seemed much more different than when he only knew him as the new student. Since that day in the park, being besides Ohno was “uncomfortable” yet his stupid lips won’t stop smiling and he never moved from his seat. Why was it so damn hard to move away from him now?


~*~

It was about time to go home, but Ohno insisted that he stay after school with him at the art club. Sho wanted to retreat, to make an excuse that he has "many" things to do at home. However, he stayed just because. Because of what? Because Ohno was his secret admirer and had a crush on him? Sho barely even knew the boy, but he stayed anyways...

"Wow, it's beautiful," Sho whispered as Ohno handed him a few of his art work. "You've only been here for two montsh, and you've already made so many..." It wasn't meant for Ohno to hear, but he hears him lightly chuckle.

"Thanks, Sho. I've actually been doing something since I confessed in the park. I--"

Sho immediately stood up at the mention of the park. He didn't want to talk about this now.

"I-- Sorry, Ohno-san. I've actually got something to do. I'm gonna go."

Before Ohno can grab his arm to keep him from going, he stood up and left the room. He heard Ohno's light steps behind him, and it only added up to his speed. As he ran though, he wondered if he should stop and go back. He was being rude to Ohno's feelings and he hadn't even given him an answer since that day, but also because Ohno never asked. But if they were going to talk about that scene, he would gladly step out of the conversation.



~*~

Ohno still talked to him during lunch even though Sho made it obvious he didn't want to be near him. But every time he tried, he felt a pull in his chest. It was so damn uncomfortable. Silently excusing himself, he ran to the boys bathroom.



~*~

Ohno had been silent these days, but he still sat besides him during lunch. He ate without saying a word, and stared at the floor as if he was examining an interesting art piece. Sho wanted to say something to break the awkward silence, but he didn't know what to say. Besides, he never spoke to him since he felt that weird pull in his chest last week. Treating Ohno as if he was never there to begin with, he watched the trees sway through the windows...

"I've been thinking," Ohno finally spoke up when all the students ran off, to hang out at the mall or something, after school. "I think I should move back. I'm making you uncomfortable, aren't I?"

Sho wanted to say, "no" but it never came out.

"I wasn't even supposed to attend school here. Everything is too expensive here... I guess I'll see you tomorrow?" Ohno asked, though he already left and walked off to another direction.



~*~

He didn't see him the next day, or the next. All he saw was an empty seat with no Ohno sitting on it, waiting for lunch to come so he could speak to Sho. All day, Sho stared at the desk and got in trouble plenty of times because of it. And after school, he waited for a chocolate box and a letter, but it never came.



~*~

Sho begged his sister to buy him a box of chocolate. She looked at him strangely at first without saying anything, but went out to fetch it for him. As soon as she came back, Sho locked himself his room with the box of chocolates in his hand.



~*~

School became the same thing again before Ohno came. He sat by himself near the windows during lunch and all he did was read instead of listening to Ohno speak. He regretted being annoyed by him at first since he rarely spoke to people. Before he found out Ohno was his secret admirer, though, he hated to admit to something. It was pleasant, yet weird at the same time. He actually got used to his presence and looked forward to listening to his stories. They always sounded like an adventure he'll never have.

It was lunch time and Sho refused to eat. He made himself believe that Ohno was going to walk in through that door with a sleepy grin on his face as he waved the school bread in his hands. But he never came through the door. Ignoring his hungry stomach, he looked through the windows. It was a sunny day and everything was shining so brightly outside. Despite the beautiful scene being displayed, he felt like it was raining in his body, with dark gray clouds hovering over every muscles. He hadn't realized it now, but he was very tired since Ohno disappeared without a word. Sighing, he put his head down on the table. Why didn't he answer him before he had the chance?

"Sakurai-san?"

He looked up, a smile forming on his face but it soon went away when he realized it wasn't his secret admirer. He frowned displeased. "What?"

"Um... I found this in the art room... I think Ohno-san was working on it, but he forgot to take it with him when he left. It has your name on it though, so we assumed that it's yours?" The student handed him a huge canvas covered in white cloth that was big enough to cover the window always looked through during lunch.

"Thanks," He mutters, taking the canvas from the student weakly. "But it's not mine. I'll send it to him, I guess."

After the student left, Sho realized something at the same time: he didn't know where Ohno lived.



~*~

Sho took a weekend off from studying for the exams to head to the south. He found out Ohno lived in a very poor fisherman village, yet their family still thrived to live. Now he knew why Ohno said he shouldn't have attended their school. Just the thought of it made him feel much more guilt.

As the bus to Ohno's hometown came nearer to the village, Sho felt something in his stomach. It felt like there was a pit there, but there were butterflies fluttering around to keep themselves from falling into the hole. He regretted going to the bus, but it was too late. They've already arrived.

Be a man, He encouraged himself as he took a step down from the bus. Be a man.

He was halfway into the village when he was suddenly greeted by a gust of wind. The canvas almost slipped out of his hand, but he gripped tightly onto it so it was secure and safe. However, there was another gust of wind and this time, he was caught off guard. The canvas fell from his hand and tumbled away from him. He ran after it, almost tripping from a crack on the sidewalk. When the wind finally settled down, he caught up and was able to grab the canvas. Except this time, it didn't have its cloth on.

"Huh? Where...?"

Sho looked around him and on the streets for the cloth. He was able to spot it a few yards away from him, it was caught in a bush. He ran towards it, silently thanking the bush for saving the paint. However, as he set the canvas down side up to retrieve the cloth, he caught something in the corner of his eyes. He slowly turned his head to the side, glanced over his shoulder, and kept an eye on the canvas.

On it, was a painting of a person, a male that reminded Sho of someone. An idiot who let a chance slip from his hands. When he saw it, he had long forgotten the cloth and instead took the painting with him to Ohno's house. This time, he wasn't going to back out. He's going to be a man about it.



~*~


Ohno's parents were lovely. They gave him tea, thanked him for taking care of their careless son, and offered him to stay over the night -- he refused, of course. He was stuck with them since he came to see Ohno who was out in the ocean fishing instead of going to school like a normal teenager. It wasn't until Sho began to feel sleepy that he came back home smelling like the ocean and fish.

"S-Sho..." Ohno gasped, his eyes wide in surprise. "What are you--"

He interrupted him, ignoring the moist he felt on his clothes as he wrapped his arms around Ohno. "I... Where were you?" He asked him softly. "I thought you were going to school to see me?"

"I... I left, Sho. I couldn't stay that long anyways."

"I know, but... that didn't mean you had to leave me... I miss you, Ohno. Just a little bit."

"...Huh?"

Sho was tempted to laugh, but he pushed it away. He should have realized that Ohno was going to have a slow reaction. "I meant to say, yes. I accept your confession. And I saw your painting," He says, pulling away from Ohno briefly to take the painting from the table. "You should finish it, and maybe... give me a box of chocolates?"

It took a while for Ohno to answer, but the latter nodded and took the painting sleepily from his hands. "Sho," He says, "It's just you holding a box of chocolates."

"I know," He says, grinning. "I want you to change it with me popping on in my mouth."

Ohno grinned, his white teeth shining so brightly under the dim lights. Placing the canvas in his left hand, he shot out his right hand to Sho who gladly accepted it. "Come, I wanna show you my collection of you."

Oh yeah, Ohno did mention before that he had paintings at his home. He didn't think it would be all about him, but he was greeted by painted versions of him as soon as he and Ohno entered the painting area of the house.

END