Chapter 99

The Innocent Story Of SinB

 

 

As she arrived home, SinB checked her phone, Yuju left so angrily after the arcade that SinB didn’t know what to do with her friend, it was clear Yuju was mad at this stupid Jackson, and not at her but when Yuju was mad she tended to be mad against the whole world.

 

SinB sighed and unlocked her phone, she opened her conversation with Yuju. If Yuju was mad at Jackson it could be good for her, it was mean to think like that but if they kept fighting maybe they would break up, and SinB could try her luck with Yuju…

 

She was still hesitating when she typed her message. “Yuju-a… Are you okay...? wanna talk...?”

 

SinB sat on her bed and looked at her phone, she waited for a reply but nothing came, she couldn’t do anything, she was just hoping for her phone to light up with a message from her crush. SinB kept unlocking her phone but still no notification appeared on the screen, she sighed and threw the phone on the bed while lying and staring at the ceiling.

 

Suddenly her phone vibrated, she rushed to pick it up and looked at the message but her excitation died as she read a message from her mother telling her they would be home very late that night. She sighed again and took her phone after twenty minutes Yuju still didn’t massaged her back and SinB wondered what the girl was doing, and why she didn’t answered. Was she mad at her? she wondered worried.

 

“Yuju.. Don’t be mad at me…” send SinB desperate before typing another message. “Talk to me.”

 

After that SinB waited more. When SinB wasn’t hoping anymore, and convinced that Yuju was mad at her her phone, rang, seeing the ID on the screen SinB immediately answered and before she could say a word Yuju laughed.

 

“Yah, silly, I’m not mad at you, I was just showering.” said Yuju on the phone and SinB relaxed before arching an eyebrow.

 

“Showering for more than one hour?!” asked SinB not believing her friend.

 

Yuju giggled. “I took a warm bath with lots of bubbles! it was really relaxing, then Jackson called and we talked a moment. We’re totally fine now. I love him so much...” explained Yuju and SinB nodded before remembering she was on phone and Yuju couldn’t see her.

 

“That’s great.” said SinB faking her enthusiasm, deep down she was so disappointed. “So he apologized?” asked SinB now.

 

“Kinda.” answered Yuju and SinB frowned.

 

“Okay, well if you’re fine then I won’t bother you much.” said SinB not wanting to talk about Jackson anymore for now, already seeing him the same day, then knowing he was the first one to call Yuju made her a little mad.

 

“You never bother me SinB-ya!” said Yuju immediately. “We should see each other tomorrow, I feel bad for ruining our mood and leaving like that earlier, but it makes me so jealous when I see a girl around my love, so imagine if it’s this stupid chemistry girl…” explained Yuju with a sigh. “But I won’t let him fall for her trap, just like I protected you from her.” added Yuju and SinB swallowed hard. “I had canceled classes at the end of the day, what time do you finish school? you finish early tomorrow if I remember well?”

 

SinB nodded. “Yeah, finish at 2:30” she said and Yuju giggled.

 

“Perfect let’s do something together then!” she said all excited. “I will wait for you at the gate after your last class.” said Yuju before saying goodbye to SinB wishing her a good night.

 

On the next day, SinB got out of her last class and walked to the gate, she was a little anxious about her hang out with Yuju. Would Jackson be here again? Yuju said hanging out together, she didn’t say the two of them, but she didn’t say all together, or the three of them either. SinB didn’t even know what she wanted anymore, she so wanted to spend time with her precious Yuju but at same time she couldn’t see her the same way now she was dating Jackson. SinB wished it would be easy to fall out of love but it wasn’t. And no matter how hard she tried to convince herself she wanted Yuju happy no matter what, SinB was still feeling jealous about Jackson. And hanging out with both of them wasn’t helping, but it was the only way to still be by Yuju’s side.

 

As SinB arrived to the gate, Yuju waved at her, the girl was alone, SinB smiled, she walked to the girl and hugged her. Yuju seemed surprised at first by this sudden hug, all her body was tense but then she quickly relaxed and hugged SinB back.

 

“Let’s go?” asked Yuju with a smile and SinB nodded happily. “Jackson’s waiting for us at the mall.” added Yuju taking SinB’s hand in hers. SinB’s smile disappeared quickly. Once again he would be here but Yuju seemed so happy about it.

 

As they arrived, they spotted Jackson, he was holding fresh soda cans, he looked at them and smiled as he saw them holding hands.

 

“You girls are so cute.” he said handing them the cans and Sinb quickly take her hand away from Yuju’s. “How was your day?” he asked them as he put his arm around Yuju’s waist to give her a small kiss on the lips.

 

SinB looked away quickly feeling sick in her stomach.

 

“So what did you want to do babe?” asked Jackson while Yuju was taking a sip of her drink.

 

“Hmmm, I don’t know.” she answered then she looked at SinB. “SinB ar, is there something you want to do?” she asked smiling.

 

SinB shook her head. “Not really…” she said shyly as she slowly took a sip of her drink too.

 

“Ah! Let’s go Karaoke then!” said Jackson happily as she held Yuju on her waist while grabbing SinB wrist and dragging her up.

 

SinB quickly let go of Jackson’s hand and walked beside Yuju as they headed toward the Karaoke place.

 

“Why don’t we ask some more people to join?” asked Jackson smiling sweetly in which Yuju nodded.

 

“Let’s ask the girls SinB! I’ll text Eunha. You text Sowon and Umji?” said Yuju taking her phone out of her pocket. SinB nodded, at least she wouldn’t be alone with those two.

 

All three of them agrees to join them. Jackson, Yuju and SinB arrived there and rent a room for 6 and went into the Karaoke. Jackson started to order a beer and two cocktails but SinB didn’t want alcohol but Yuju managed to tell her to take a sip. Jackson started to input some songs into it and started to sing.

 

Yuju was looking at Jackson all happily, admiring his voice. Truth to be said, his voice was very charming and smooth. From time to time, he would wink at Yuju while singing and dance to the music. Once the song was done, he would go to Yuju and kiss her lips which made SinB heart hurt.

 

Then she saw Jackson looking at her before winking. “So cutie?” asked Jackson to his girlfriend and SinB frowned at the nickname. “Are you going to sing?” he asked sweetly to Yuju who nodded happily while SinB just rolled her eyes at the couple.

 

As it was Yuju turn to sing, she stood up and she dragged SinB up to sing together. SinB took the mic and slowly sang, but it was very soft as she was too shy to sing in front of Jackson. After the song, Jackson .

 

“SinB ar, how come you sing like a little mouse? It’s actually very adorable! But it’s not that great! I thought you would have a pretty voice!” he exclaimed making Yuju laugh.

 

“Yah! be nice to SinB. She has an amazing voice, she’s just shy!” explained Yuju smiling at SinB but the girl just sat down and looked down while playing with her phone.

 

Yuju and Jackson were singing together when the door opened. SinB was happy, it was Sowon and Eunha. As they come in, Eunha went to give a hug to Yuju while Sowon located where her friend was and quickly went to sit beside SinB.

 

She put her hand on SinB’s thigh and whispered in her ears. “SinB ar, are you okay? The message you sent sound like you were crying for help…” asked Sowon worried. SinB looked at Sowon and nodded before looking down as the couple continued to sing.

 

Sowon looked at them and sighed, of course SinB wouldn’t be alright, she was here with the couple for so long. SinB lay her head on Sowon then Sowon noticed that SinB drank.

 

“Yah, did you drink?!” asked Sowon in which SinB just smiled and nodded.

 

“Aishhh.” exclaimed Sowon then she saw Eunha sitting next to her with her arm crossed. “Waeyo bunny?” she asked seeing Eunha insisting look on her.

 

“The moment we get here, you are all over SinB? What is this?” asked Eunha with a sign of jealousy.

 

“Ehh? What you talking about bunny?” asked Sowon really not understanding why Eunha would say that so she turned around to hugged Eunha to reassure her.

 

SinB rolled her eyes, she drank a bit but she was completely sober. Then she sighed, she kinda wished she would be drunk and not feel all these feelings. Seeing those two couples in their dreamland made SinB frown, she wanted to run away from here. She didn’t want to be alone. But then, the door was open slowly and there she saw Umji head pop out.

 

“Ahhh you girls are here!” she said happily then she quickly put down her bag and sat beside SinB after greeting everyone.

 

Jackson and Yuju were waving at her while singing, then Eunha and Sowon greeted Umji too. “You are so late Umji ar!!” screamed Eunha.

 

Umji nodded. “Yeah, needed to finish an assignment before coming. Now it’s all done!” she said in which they nodded. Umji looked at her best friend and nudged her. “You okay buddy?” asked Umji and SinB just sighed. Umji looked at the couple and gave a side hug to SinB.

 

After Jackson and Yuju were done with their turn, Jackson greeted Umji again. “Did I heard you finished your assignment? Wow such a hard worker!” he said to Umji in a teasing voice. “Let me bet, you are the type of A+ student aren’t you?” he asked with a smirk, sure he had guessed right. Umji just looked at Jackson not knowing what to answer.

 

“Yeah babe, Umji is a very smart girl! She’s on top of her class and she study in a private university.” explained Yuju, praising Umji.

 

“Ohhh private institute too? Must be a rich one!! Then I guess today is on you then!” he laughed which irritated Umji and SinB.

 

Umji decided to ignore him and just stayed silent beside SinB.

 

The next song was coming up, it was Sowon and Eunha turn to sing. As they were singing to the lyrics, they were dancing crazily. SinB was laying on Umji while looking at this two cuties having fun. SinB closed her eyes on Umji not wanting to see any affection from the couples, it was too much for her, but then she heard a loud voice from the mic.

 

“Yah, SinB! Umji!! Why don’t you two sing?!” asked Eunha while putting down the mic.

 

“I would skip that, SinB sing like a little mouse! We can barely hear her voice! But, I’m actually curious about our little rich Umji voice.” said Jackson taking a sip of his second beer.

 

Umji glared at Jackson with a frown. “First of all, I am not yours. Second, I am not little. Third, whether I’m rich or not, it’s not really your business. And lastly, what do you mean our SinB can’t sing? She sing wonderfully!” said Umji really irritated with the boy attitude toward them, then she pulled SinB up. “Buddy let’s sing!” she said determined to SinB who didn’t have time to hesitate.

 

They put on their favorite song and in the beginning, SinB had trouble voicing out her voice but then after some second she felt more relax when Umji held her hand. SinB started to losing up and started to sing her heart out. Finally, SinB’s voice was out perfectly, her soft sweet voice combine with Umji made everyone looking at them, admiring the melody. And during the break of the song, SinB and Umji started to dance crazily at the music.

 

Jackson was smiling at the scene, and Yuju saw it.

 

“Yah! Why are you smiling like this!” asked Yuju which earned attention from all the girls since the song has ended.

 

Jackson laughed awkwardly. “No, I just find SinB cute. I never saw her smiling so happily and dancing so happily.” explained the boy. “She’s usually so shy, I’m surprised she can have fun too.”

 

Yuju nodded. “True, SinB is very adorable, when she’s comfortable around her friend.” said Yuju smiling at SinB. “She have like a secret personality she only show to her close friends.” added Yuju and SinB blushed.

 

Jackson nodded and smiled. “I can see that, so SinB is the mysterious type.” he said staring at SinB and making her uncomfortable so she quickly looked down.

 

“But keep your eyes for yourself. SinB is off limit.” said Umji as she glared at Jackson which made the girls shock including Jackson.

 

“Ha haha, Umji ar, what are you talking about? Jackson is my boyfriend, he won’t be looking at other girls right babe?” asked Yuju as she gave a peck on Jackson cheek.

 

Then Jackson laughed. “Of course babe, you are the only apple in my eyes!” he said then he kissed Yuju on the lips and engaged into a make out session in which SinB felt super awkward with the girls. She stood up and excused herself that she needed to go home to eat supper with her family and walked away having Umji chasing after her.

 

As Umji caught up with SinB, she hugged her from behind. “SinB ar, it’s me. Don’t run away.” whispered Umji softly.

 

SinB stopped on her track and looked down holding on her tears. She turned around and hugged Umji tight.

 

“Let’s go home?” asked Umji in which SinB nodded and they started to walk back hand in hand.

 

As soon as they got to SinB house, they walked toward SinB’s room since her parents were out of town again. They laid down on the bed with their eyes closed, enjoying each other company.

 

After a while, SinB opened her eyes and turned to look at Umji. “Umji ar?” slowly asked SinB staring at her best friend’s relaxed face.

 

“Hm?” answered Umji with her eyes still closed.

 

“Did something happen?” asked SinB worried and Umji stayed silent. “Umji ar, you know we are best friend right? I am here for you too you know. You can talk to me.” insisted SinB cleary seeing something was bothering Umji.

 

Umji let out a giggle. “Yah, what’s wrong with you today. I’m okay.” said the girl wanting to reassure her best friend.

 

SinB shook her head and glared at Umji. “Nope, you are not okay. We’ve been friend since kids, you think you can lie to me?” asked SinB arching an eyebrow but Umji was silent again.

 

After a moment Umji sighed. “I just didn’t do well in the last assignment. Mom and dad are going to be disappointed of me…” finally confessed Umji sadly.

 

SinB turned around to Umji and pulled her closer. “How much did you get?” she asked a little surprise Umji would fail something at school, Umji was the smartest person SinB ever met.

 

Umji sighed again. “89%” she whispered while looking away.

 

SinB opened her eyes and stare at Umji who felt her best friend eyes on her and turned to face her. “What?” asked Umji.

 

SinB rolled her eyes. “Seriously, our parents are crazy. Some people are struggling to get a pass. But us? If we don’t get 90-95% and higher it’s as if we fail.” she said knowing how her own parents were too. so she pulled Umji toward her and hugged her.

 

“How did you know I’m..not happy?” suddenly asked Umji and SinB let go of the hug to look at Umji in the eyes.

 

“I know I’m not that great at noticing people’s feeling but come on Umji, you are my sister!!” said SinB laughing. “Plus, for you to get frustrated at Jackson and voice it out so aggressively...I was sure something was bothering you.” explained SinB knowing Umji would be more subtle about expressing herself.

 

Umji nodded and closed her eyes again. “I don’t have a good feeling about Jackson…” she said calmly. “There’s something I don’t like about him…”

 

SinB looked at Umji again. “What do you mean?” asked SinB surprise by this confession.

 

“I don’t know, I can’t explain it… just a weird feeling. Don’t get close to him okay? Promise me that.” said Umji more seriously as she looked at SinB now.

 

SinB giggled “Come on, I don’t think I would ever get close to him. But don’t worry buddy, I will be careful.” she said knowing Umji usually have very good intuitions. Umji seemed satisfied with this answer so they closed their eyes again drifting to sleep.

 

After a few hours, SinB felt her phone vibrating. She opened it and saw a message.

 

“Can we talk?”

 

SinB rubbed her eyes and replied the message. “Yeah, sure. Call me?”

 

“Actually, can you open the door? I’m outside your house” read SinB eyes widen. She quickly left her room without waking Umji up.

 

She went down and opened the door to see Yuju standing out there in the cold.

 

“Come in Yuju!” she said opening the door.

 

Yuju came in and looked around. “Where are uncle and aunty?”

 

“Oh, they are out of town.” answered SinB quickly.

 

Yuju froze then nodded then went to sit in the living room.

 

“What bring you here so late?” asked SinB, she was happy to see Yuju but considering what she witness today make her a bit weird to see her so quickly.

 

“Can’t I come see my bestie?” asked Yuju in which SinB smiled bitterly. Bestie of course...that was all they could be.

 

SinB shook her head. “Of course you can. It’s just I thought you would be too busy with Jackson.” said SinB trying hard not to give a hint of jealousy.

 

Yuju sighed. “SinB ar, do you not like Jackson?” asked Yuju suddenly which shocked SinB.

 

“Huh?!” said SinB shocked.

 

“It’s just...I feel like you don’t really like him...and you are not happy for me…” said Yuju looking down sadly.

 

SinB gulped, how could she be happy to see her crush kissing someone else… “No no, you think too much Yuju ar…” said SinB faking a smile.

 

“Then how come you just left so quickly?” asked Yuju looking straight in SinB’s eyes.

 

“Oh...Euh...I…” hesitated SinB caught a little off guard.

 

“You said you needed to eat supper with your family. But your parents aren’t even home...You lied to me SinB…” said Yuju frowning and holding the eyes contact with SinB.

 

SinB looked down. “I...thought...it was tonight but then...they weren’t here when I came home…” said slowly SinB, trying hard not to stutter from her lie. She so much at lying.

 

Yuju nodded, she seemed satisfied with his explanation. “Oh..I see...” she said clearly less tense than before. Luckily for SinB, Yuju was quite easy to lie to, SinB just needed to say what Yuju wanted to hear.

 

“I thought you didn’t like Jackson, so I got worry…” added Yuju.

 

SinB shook her head. “It’s your boyfriend Yuju. Of course I would support you no matter what…” said SinB patting Yuju’s back.

 

Yuju smiled. “I knew it! It was Jackson fault! He made me worry for nothing!” said Yuju smiling at SinB happily.

 

But SinB raised her eyebrow. “What do you mean?” she asked her crush confused, what would Jackson say to Yuju about her...

 

“After you left, not long after Sowon and Eunha decided to go home too, which leave just me and Jackson. Then he suddenly asked me if you disliked him.” explained Yuju calmly.

 

SinB felt weird, did he realized something? she wondered thinking about how she acted around him, it wasn’t really about him… it was just that he stole her Yuju away, if he was just a friend she would be more fine with him thought SinB, but as Yuju’s boyfriend, it was too hard to ignore what she was feeling when she saw the couple together...

 

“I told him of course not.” continued Yuju. “But he said he can sense that you don’t like him around. Everytime that he’s around, he can see your smile fading away. And then he told me, if you don’t like him, he will just not show up when we have our bonding time. Isn’t he such a sweetheart?!” asked Yuju all happy which made SinB want to vomit.

 

“Oh..I see…” just said SinB not sure what to say now.

 

“So SinB ar, you don’t hate him right?” asked Yuju smiling even more. “We can all hang out together!”

 

SinB sighed. “Nono, I don’t hate him...just you know me..I’m not comfortable with people I don’t know.” said SinB and it was true, even if it wasn’t the only reason she was so uncomfortable around Jackson.

 

Yuju held SinB’s arm. “Can you please do it for me? I don’t want to lose either of you…” said Yuju almost begging SinB.

 

“What do you mean...do it?” asked SinB lost.

 

“Can you please get to know him better so you can get comfortable with Jackson. And he won’t think that you hate him anymore? He really doesn’t want to create quarrel between us…” asked Yuju sincerely.

 

SinB didn’t know what to answer...she didn’t want Jackson to be around. She didn’t want to see Jackson. She didn’t want to hang around with Yuju when Jackson was around. She wanted to reject Yuju. She wanted to tell her she couldn’t do it.

 

Then they heard footsteps coming down the stairs. They turned around and saw Umji walking down and sat beside SinB.

 

“Oh Umji, you are here!” said Yuju in which Umji smiled at her.

 

“Yeah, took a nap here hehe! What are you doing here?” asked Umji nicely.

 

“Oh, I came to talk to SinB. Oh! by the way Umji, I’m sorry for how Jackson acted.” said Yuju sincerely but Umji just stared at Yuju. “How he called you a rich and asked you to treat us. He didn’t mean it. It’s just his character, he was joking around.” she explained and Umji just nodded.

 

“Don’t worry about it. And I’m sorry too, I wasn’t really nice toward your boyfriend neither.” answered Umji sincerely.

 

Yuju shook her head. “Don’t worry about it.” she said squeezing Umji’s arm nicely. Then she looked at her phone who was vibrating. “Oh, Jackson is calling me. I’ll go now, I will see you girls later!” she exclaimed as she stood up, but then she looked at SinB. “Please try?” asked Yuju.

 

SinB looked at Yuju and nodded. “Yeah...I will try.” she said with a long sigh then they sent Yuju away.

 

As the door closed, SinB sighed again and Umji looked at her. “You okay buddy?”

 

SinB looked down. “I will have to…”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello hello! 

SinB was all happy to hang out with Yuju but Jackson was there. Poor SinB, she has to hang out with them. How do you guys find Jackson? And isn't it cute that when Sowon came, the first thing she cared was to go toward SinB? Did you guys find Umji too overreacting toward Jackson? And the little maknae line moment that they had. But then Yuju showing up and has a talk with SinB. how did you find the talk? Will SinB be able to comply with what Yuju is asking her to do? What do you guys think?? Let us know as usual!! ;)