(90)

Different 2
=== 

Taeyeon was clutching onto her head as she screamed some more before entering the toilet. Upon reaching the sink, her hands slowly fell onto the marbled tiles, her eyes focused on her reflection in the mirror. "What was I thinking...?" She furrowed her brows as she examined herself, hair a mess, skin as pale as it could be, and chest heaving. 

Turning on the tap, she willed herself to let her shaky hands make contact with cold water. "I'm fine..." She mumbled to herself. "It's okay. It's just dinner. It's okay." After a minute of washing her hands, Taeyeon finally straighten up and looked back in the mirror. "I'm totally fine." She nodded to herself.

Just when she was about to exit the toilet, Tiffany came in, both bumping into each other that caused Taeyeon to almost fall down on the floor. "Oh god, I'm so sorry!"

"I'm fine!" Taeyeon flailed her hands in annoyance. "Stop it!" She swatted the girl's hands on her shoulders. 

"Are you okay?" 

"I told you, I'm fine!" 

"Why did you run away like that?" Tiffany was now both worried and annoyed at how her girlfriend was acting. 

"I was just...!"

"Just...?"

"I panicked, okay?!"

Being the understanding girlfriend that she's always been, Tiffany closed her eyes for a moment then took a deep breath. "Why?"

"It's your dad!"

"What about him?"

"He's scary!" Taeyeon made some weird gestures with her right hand.

"He's not, okay?" Tiffany sighed again before reaching out for the girl's shaky hands.

"How?!"

"Taeyeon-ah..." Another sigh and a much deeper frown on Taeyeon's face later. "He likes you, okay? He even told me to go after you when you ran out like that."

"H-he...?" Taeyeon blinked as she stared at Tiffany's face. 

"Yes." With a tiny step forward, Tiffany engulfed the girl into a warm hug. "So, no more of this, okay? You'll be fine. Just talk when you have to."

"B-but..."

"He understands, okay?" She brushed Taeyeon's hair gently. "And he's totally fine with it. You really don't have to worry about anything, to be honest." Feeling the girl nod against her shoulder, Tiffany slowly pulled back. "So can we go back now?"

Taeyeon wasn't able to look straight into Tiffany's eyes and opted to just stare on the floor. "I have to apologize, don't I?"

"Yes. Please do." 

Another tug at her hand and Taeyeon knew she had no choice but to look at Tiffany. "I'm sorry."

"To him, not me." Tiffany nudged the girl playfully to ease the tension. 

"I know. I mean... I have to say sorry to you too...?"

"Why?"

"Because..." Taeyeon sighed exasperatedly as she kicked the floor. 

"Hm?"

"Because I'm your worst girlfriend ever?" A frown quickly appeared on her face when Tiffany burst out laughing.

"If you are then why did I choose to marry you?"

"I don't know?!" Taeyeon took a step back and glared at her grinning girlfriend. "Maybe because you're crazy?!"

"Then that makes us two." Tiffany grinned wider before leaning in to press her lips on Taeyeon's right cheek. "Seriously, let's go back now." 

"Hm. Fine."

===