(6)

Different 2
===

Taeyeon had been absently staring at herself in the mirror for the past 20 seconds and as she waited for the person in charge to cut her hair, she couldn’t help but remember how her date with Tiffany went. It was horrible. It started quite well but ended terrible. And who else could she blame but herself for ruining that night. So the guilt was up there again to make her feel bad. Her thumb hovered above the messaging app’s button and she was tempted to send Tiffany a heartfelt apologetic text, about how sorry she was for being childish. 

“So how may I help you?” The hairstylist’s voice distracted her and she looked at the young lady through the mirror.

“I want to trim my hair.”

“Hm, alright.”

“Just about an inch, okay?” Taeyeon added before the other girl took her things from the side.

“Alright. Just an inch.”

Taeyeon nodded in return and went back to her phone. Her hands started to type on their own and before she knew it, her apologetic message that ended with can I make it up to you by having another date was sent to Tiffany. OH . She might have said it out loud that the blonde hairstylist got startled and accidentally cut a big chunk of her hair. 

“Oh indeed.” The young lady, who was named Hyoyeon based on her nametag, said in return.

“What? What’s wrong?” Panic surged up in her in an instant upon hearing the girl’s worried tone.

“I’m sorry to tell you this… But…” Hyoyeon took a mirror from the side and showed Taeyeon her disastrous uneven hair.

“OH !” Her eyes widen in surprise and immediately blamed Tiffany for the mishap.

“Yeah…” 

“What the hell?!”

“We need to even this out, Miss.”

“But!” 

“I know, it’s too short.” Hyoyeon shrugged nonchalantly. “Can’t do anything about it. Unless…” She lifted her brows as she looked at the frowning customer. “You wanna go out with an uneven hair? I’m fine with that too.”

The hairstylist’s nonchalance totally ticked her off but as what she said, she really couldn’t do anything about it. And Taeyeon would never dare to go out with such horrible hair. Not when she had clients to meet. And Tiffany. . Why I am even concerned on how I look when she’s around?! The thought just made her even mad so she took out her anger on Hyoyeon as she glared at the innocent hairstylist. “Fine. Please even it out. And please. Don’t make it any shorter.” 

“Sure. No problem.” Then the girl went back to save whatever’s left in her precious hair and about half an hour later, she was greeted with another disaster.

“What the hell?! Who told you to put bangs on me?!”

“What? But you said yes.”

“What?! When did I say yes?!” Taeyeon was seriously mad right now. She hated bangs. It was itchy. It was getting on her way when she looked at things. And it made her look like a little girl and she didn’t like that either.

“I asked you if you wanted to have bangs and you said, yeah, yeah, whatever, just cut it.” Hyoyeon imitated her and it was right on point that it totally pissed her off. 

“Oh god.” Taeyeon clutched her head and shook it vigorously. . This is totally your fault, Tiffany! UGH!

“But it looks good on you.”

Her head snapped up at the girl’s very encouraging voice. “No, it doesn’t. I hate it.”

“Well, your girlfriend will definitely like it so whatever.” Hyoyeon shrugged nonchalantly and started to brush away the strands of hair on Taeyeon’s shoulders.

“What?! I don’t have a girlfriend!”

“Then…” The blonde took a peek at the phone on Taeyeon’s hold. “Who’s Tiffany? You even asked her out on a date. Psh.” She snickered when the other girl just glared at her in response. “Okay, you’re done! Thank you and please come again!” 

Taeyeon flailed her arms as she swatted away the girl’s hands to brush away the remaining strands of unwanted hair. “I’m never coming back.” She spat before leaving the salon with the biggest frown on her face.

===
A/N: Have you noticed Hyo hasn't appeared in any of my stories? LOL Well, here you go!!! Hyo was supposed to be a different character in this story but Idk what got into me but here she is! XD