Taeyeon Christmas Special

Different 2
===
 
“Umma, are we done yet?” Soojung asked in a tired voice as she absently stirred her milkshake.
 
“No.”
 
“Can we go home now? I’m tired.” 
 
“No.”
 
“But why?”
 
“No.”
 
“Umma.” Soojung sipped what was left on her drink before reaching out for Taeyeon’s hand. 
 
“What?” Taeyeon narrowed her eyes at her daughter.
 
“Staring at your phone won’t make the gifts arrive faster.”
 
“I thought choosing you to accompany me was the best idea but now I’m somehow regretting it.” Taeyeon huffed in annoyance, her thumb desperately tapping on her phone screen.
 
“We’re just killing our precious time here, Umma.”
 
“No.”
 
“Let’s go home.” Soojung whined and got off her chair, following Taeyeon out of the cafe.
 
“We need to buy a gift for your Mom.” Taeyeon held onto the girl’s hand tightly. “Stupid online shopping.” She grumbled and stomped her way into a random shop.
 
“Umma, this store sells clothes for babies.” Soojung looked at her mother in confusion. “Are we expecting a baby?” She gasped at the idea of a baby sister. 
 
“What?! No!” Taeyeon flailed her hand dismissively and quickly went out of the store. “And how is that even possible?” 
 
“I don’t know.” Soojung shrugged. “Maybe that stork story you told us.” 
 
“That’s nonsense.” Taeyeon shook her head, absently going into another random shop.
 
“Umma, what are we going to get Mom?” 
 
“I don’t know.” Taeyeon was practically dragging her daughter from each aisle inside the shop. “I got her this custom made bracelet but it’s taking forever to get here. Now I don’t know what to get her.” She breathed through her nose in frustration.
 
“Then how about this?” Soojung pulled Taeyeon into the kitchen section of the huge store. “I think it’s very cute. We can have matching aprons when we bake!”
 
“That’s...” Taeyeon stared at the white and pink polkadots apron with hung open. “Very pink.” She grimaced at the pastel pink glaring back at her. 
 
“Mom will surely love it. It comes with her initial too!” Soojung held out the apron with a huge smile.
 
“That’s...” Taeyeon shifted her eyes from Soojung to the apron. “Brilliant!” Her eyes lit up at the idea.
 
“I am the best daughter ever.” Soojung nodded smugly as she took out the aprons with their initials. “Do I get another milkshake for a job well done, Umma?”
 
“What?” 
 
“I want another milkshake. An ice cream will do too.” Soojung looked at Taeyeon in the eyes, knowing how easily her mother would give in.
 
“Ice cream on our way home. Let’s get going now.”
 
“Umma, let’s not forget to get the cake Mom asked us to buy.”
 
“Right.” Taeyeon stopped in the middle of walking, almost tripping her daughter.
 
“What is it?” Soojung looked at her mother in confusion.
 
“You are the best daughter indeed.” Taeyeon ruffled Soojung’s hair and couldn’t help but chuckle at the little girl’s cheeky smile. 
 
===
 
A/N: Merry Christmas (again) everyone!!! It’s my first time spending christmas alone and it feels weird LOL anyway!!! Yes, as always, there’s a Tiffany special LOL whew, good thing i found this prompt or else i’ll be empty handed for this year’s christmas HAHAHAHAHA happy holidays! :)