(72)

Different 2
=== 

Weeks had passed since that eventful day and Tiffany had never felt so happy. After carrying the burden for more than 3 years, she had finally got the closure that she wanted. And so, they went back to their usual routine. Work, dates, arguments, dealing with Taeyeon’s mood swings, and whatnot. 

“Hey.”

“Hm?”

“Can I play some music? It’s too quiet.”

Tiffany looked up from her laptop and met the girl’s eyes. “Sure, go ahead. Just nothing too distracting.”

“Okay.” Taeyeon shrugged and connected her phone to the Bluetooth speaker. She skimmed through her playlist and not too long later, that all too familiar intro of the piano started playing in the background. 

“Um, excuse me?” Tiffany paused on typing, making sure she saved the document before turning to her girlfriend. 

“What?”

“Why are you playing this song?”

“I like it. Why? Don’t you like it?” Taeyeon stared at her as if she was deeply offended.

“I like it too. But seriously? Playing Richard Marx’s Right Here Waiting out of nowhere? Are you going through a break up or something?” Her brows were furrowed as she listened to the song.

“Fine.” Taeyeon had a huge frown on her face as she once again skimmed through the list. A moment had passed and a much upbeat tune started playing. She raised her eyebrows innocently as Tiffany didn’t stop looking at her like she did the stupidest thing ever. “What now?”

“Seriously? You’re playing this?”

“What’s wrong with playing Rick Astley’s Never Gonna Give You Up?”

“Alright, stop that.” Tiffany tried to reach out for the phone but Taeyeon was quick to pull her hand away.

“Fine, fine. I’ll choose a different song. Again.” She narrowed her eyes at Tiffany who merely rolled her eyes in return. Out of frustration, she scrolled down the list harshly and played a random song.

“Uptown Girl.” Tiffany said monotonously that made the girl involuntarily grin. “What’s wrong with your 80’s playlist?”

“What’s wrong with my playlist? I love the music back then, okay?” Before Tiffany could complain some more, Taeyeon quickly tapped the next button.

We built this city
We built this city on rock and roll
Built this city
We built this city on rock and roll

“Oh my god, stop that song!” Taeyeon burst out laughing at her girlfriend’s frustrated tone. “Taeyeon, stop it!”

“Alright, alright.” She waved her hand dismissively and went on to find a less annoying song for Tiffany’s sake. The living room was filled with silence for a while, much to Tiffany’s relief, before the sound of a guitar’s strumming started to fill the apartment. The moment she heard the intro of that all too familiar song, Tiffany looked up from her laptop and met the girl’s eyes. 

All annoyance ceased when she saw Taeyeon smiling at her, genuinely like she wasn’t some sort of a hard-to-deal-with-grumpy-girlfriend that she was. It has been almost a year since they started dating but the song never failed to put a smile on her face. Not when it reminded her of that night when Taeyeon was being uncharacteristically cute, trying to get a kiss from her during one of their date nights. 

“Are you playing this on purpose?” Tiffany slid her laptop to the side and propped her chin on her hand.

“Maybe.” Taeyeon placed her phone on the table and mimicked the girl’s position, grinning.

“You’re doing it again.”

“What am I doing?” She lifted her brows in question.

“You’re giving me that irresistible cute look on your face.”

“Is it working?”

“What’s working?” Tiffany asked teasingly as she leaned forward.

“Does it make you want to kiss me?” Taeyeon remained still and closed her eyes when she felt that all too familiar pair of lips press against her own.

“Of course it does. Every single time.” She mumbled against her lips and giggled when Taeyeon held her face to kiss her some more.

“So kiss me…” Taeyeon sang along after pulling back from the gentle kiss.

===
HI GUYS!!! I'M BACK!!! AGAIN!! SORT OF...... BUT WHATEVER!!! HAHAHAHAA I KNOW THIS CHAPTER IS SO RANDOM AND BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BUT I HOPE YOU LIKE THIS TOO. XD I'm not really into 80's music but I sort of kinda grew up listening to some because of my parents. XD And my destiny's child gave me this idea about a certain 80's song (that I still have to include in the future chapter) so. Yeah. Whatever. Anyway, here you go! XD 

For reference:
Richard Marx - Right Here Waiting
Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up
Billy Joel - Uptown Girl
Starship - We Built This City
Sixpence None The Richer - Kiss Me 

PS: The last song is one of my favorites hahahahahaha I know, it's not part of the 80's hahahahaha Yeah. Okay. See you again! :)