(80)

Different 2
=== 

The first thing that Taeyeon did after waiting half an hour in front of Tiffany’s bedroom door, hoping the girl would miraculously appear but unfortunately didn’t, was to go back to her own room. Crying. Or more like inwardly crying. After entering the dim room, she sat on the edge of her bed and just stared blankly at the wall. . Is this the end? Did I step out of the line? Was I too much? Was I really being unreasonable? So ing hard to deal with? Really? These unwanted thoughts swirled around her pretty little stubborn head.

Then the sniffing started. Unknowingly, Taeyeon wiped her eyes with the pajama sleeves. She didn’t even realize she was still wearing that old pair of pajamas from two days ago. . What am I doing with my life? The sniffing stopped for a moment until it was replaced with light sobbing. Why am I like this? The urge to sob louder finally won and so Taeyeon sobbed as loud as she could. But… I’m sorry… Her hands frantically wiped all the tears away before grabbing her phone.

Kim Taengoo: Hi
Choi Shikshin: AYO! What’s up?????
Kim Taengoo: Are you busy right now?
Choi Shikshin: Kinda. You need someone to talk to? I can clear up my schedule for you buddy!
Kim Taengoo: Thank you.
Choi Shikshin: Alright. Meet me here at the café by 2?
Kim Taengoo: Sure
Choi Shikshin: Okiedokie! See you!

“Ah, girl problem.” Sooyoung nodded understandingly the moment Taeyeon sat on her chair with puffy eyes.

“Yeah. Life . Screw them all.” Taeyeon spat bitterly and turned to look out the window.

“No offense Taeng, but I think it’s all your fault.”

“Yeah. I know.”

“Then what am I doing here?” Sooyoung leaned back on her seat as she observed her best friend watch the people outside pass by.

“I don’t know.”

“Hm. Is there more?”

“Yeah.”

“Then what is it?”

Taeyeon sighed before turning to her friend. “I’m tired. Very tired.” She picked up the glass of iced coffee and just stared at it. “I feel like it’s getting worse each day and you know…” 

“You feel like you’re dragging her along?” Sooyoung finished her sentence that made Taeyeon smile a little. “I thought we’re over this? Are we seriously going back to square one?”

“I thought so too!” She responded almost instantly. “But it’s up here again.” She placed her right hand above her head. “It’s too much. I wish it would just go away.”

“Well, I wish I can say I feel you too but that would be lying.” Sooyoung furrowed her brows in thought. “Why don’t you just talk to her about it? I know she’ll understand.”

“Nah, she won’t.” Taeyeon shook her head and took a sip from her drink. “Besides, she’s mad at me right now so that’s not gonna happen.”

“Oh.” 

“What?”

“What did you do this time?”

“I stupidly threw away those stupid little samples away.”

“For the third time?!”

Taeyeon slumped into her chair with a groan. “I know, okay?! But they really look like scraps to me!”

“Then you should know better than to stick your nose into her working desk.”

“But!”

“Taeng. Seriously. You’re not a child anymore. You’re a grown woman. Stop acting like a child.”

“I’m not!”

“Really, now?” Sooyoung raise her eyebrow in disbelief. “This.” She circled the frowning girl’s face. “Is acting like a child, dude.”

“Whatever!” Taeyeon waved her hand off. “So? What am I going to do now?”

“Apologize to her. Duh?”

“Then?”

“Tell her you’ll do better. To stop acting like a child. To swallow your damn pride. And to open up more.” Sooyoung held out her hand to stop Taeyeon from cutting her off. “Because by the looks of it, you’ll snap out at any given time. Seriously, you’re a ticking bomb, Taeng. So scary.” She shivered at the thought.

“Okay, totally not helpful. You’re just making me feel bad.”

“Well, you better be.”

“Again. Not. Helping. At all.

“See? This is why you always get into trouble.” Taeyeon only narrowed her eyes in return so she continued. “You’re too stubborn. Sometimes, I can’t help but wonder what Tiffany sees in you. And what does she eat to tolerate such behavior? Because I want one of those.”

“I am deeply offended. I hate you all.” Taeyeon stood up angrily and took out some cash. “This doesn’t mean anything.” She slammed the bills on the table and stomped her way out of the café.

“Doesn’t mean anything…” Sooyoung chuckled as she counted the money. “Yet she gave a huge tip.”

===