(34)

Different 2
=== 

Tiffany took in a deep breath after hearing the words. It felt surreal that Taeyeon finally said it, in her own will, and she just couldn’t help but tear up a bit. Slowly, she placed her limp arms around the girl’s neck and gave her a tight hug. 

“Why the hell are you crying?” Taeyeon tried to break free but Tiffany held onto her tight. “Aish. Don’t cry.” She sighed as she brushed the girl’s hair gently, trying to calm her down. “Hey. Stop it.”

“B-but…” Tiffany finally loosen her hold and met the girl’s eyes.

“Don’t cry. It’s stupid.” Taeyeon tried to fix the messy hair and wiped her tear streaked face. “Please don’t frown…” She tucked her hair behind her ear and fought the urge to cringe. “I like it more if you smile.” 

Her heart was clearly beating way too fast as she stared at Taeyeon and her odd smile. It was her first time seeing it, a mixture of forced smile, grin, and frown, if that was possible. The girl had never been this expressive regarding her feelings that it overwhelmed Tiffany. 

“Hey, no more crying okay?” Taeyeon pulled her face and pressed a light kiss on Tiffany’s forehead. “I don’t wanna say more gross things so please stop.” She leaned back and frowned when the girl chuckled.

“Okay.” Tiffany wiped off the remaining tears on her cheeks and took in a deep breath. “Can I invite you to stay over tonight?”

Her mood shifted in an instant and she groaned as Tiffany held her hands, cute round eyes staring at her expectantly, and lips slightly pouting. “Why?”

“So I can make it up to you.”

“How?”

“I don’t know.” Tiffany shrugged before tugging her hand once more. “I will cuddle you to sleep…” She bit her lip as she tried to suppress her teasing smile. “Or maybe more.” She kept her gaze right into Taeyeon’s eyes and didn’t miss how her pale skin turned pink in a matter of seconds.

“NO.” Taeyeon said sternly, keeping her hands out of Tiffany’s reach.

“No?”

“Fine.” She sighed exasperatedly. “Just cuddles. I don’t want more. Whatever that is.” Her arms were crossed against her chest by reflex.

“Okay. Then let’s go.” Tiffany leaned in to peck her lips and giggled when Taeyeon responded with a disgruntled sound.

===