(78)

Different 2
=== 

Living together with Tiffany might not have been the wisest decision that Taeyeon have made so far. Sure, the house had never been this tidy like a hundred professional cleaner had just raided their home and cleaned every corner of the huge apartment. Sure, all the books were neatly arranged in the shelf, they were even placed in order depending on its content. Sure, all the CD cases were stacked neatly beside the huge flat screen TV. Sure, all of the spices were seated neatly on the kitchen counter, they even got a new container which Taeyeon only realized now. Sure, all of the pans were shining, shimmering, and splendidly displayed in the kitchen. 

Sure. Everything was neatly in place. Sure. So neat that the girl started to feel irritated at how tidy the entire house was. And oh, don’t forget about how neatly the shampoo bottles, lotions, body wash, and other hygienic products were neatly displayed in their bathroom. And their clothes? Of course. Neatly arranged. Color coded. And Taeyeon had never been grateful that her working clothes were mostly monochromatic. So how was she going to deal with this mess? 

“Tiffany, we need to talk.” Taeyeon stopped right in front of the girl who was intently watching the TV.

“What’s there to talk about?” Tiffany might have been too accustomed to her girlfriend’s way of talking that she couldn’t differentiate if Taeyeon was being serious or just plain grumpy. She beckoned for her to sit beside her and fortunately, the girl did as she was told without a single complaint.

“You’re crazy.”

“What?”

“You’re crazy and totally not in a good way.”

“What are you talking about?” Tiffany muted the TV and turned completely to her frowning girlfriend.

“The house is too clean. Too organized. Too…” Taeyeon flailed her hands. “This is just too much!”

“Isn’t that a good thing?”

“It is. To some extent. But not…” Taeyeon gestured around the squeaky clean apartment. “Not like this?!”

“So…?” Tiffany looked around and found nothing wrong about it. Everything was perfect. Just like how it should be.

“Stop cleaning too much and let the mess go!”

“What?”

“I mean…!” Taeyeon frantically looked around and grabbed the pillow on Tiffany’s lap and threw it haphazardly on the floor. “Let there be a little mess in the house!” She grabbed another one and launched it towards the hallway. “We’ll get sick with the amount of cleanliness here!” She made some weird gestures on top of her head that got Tiffany even more confused.

“I don’t understand, Taeyeon.”

“Don’t go full on OC in the house! Stop making everything perfect!”

“But…” Tiffany crossed her arms, feeling slightly offended for no reason.

“We can’t live like this forever!” Taeyeon grabbed the blanket draped around her girlfriend’s shoulders and threw it away as well. “This is crazy!” A handful of magazines flew across the coffee table. “I’m not marrying a control freak!” The coaster joined in with the magazines and Taeyeon jumped out of the couch after she had stupidly said the words.

“Excuse me, you what?” Tiffany stood up as well, arms still crossed against her chest.

“I-I mean…! Stop it! No more of this…!” Taeyeon started to retreat to her bedroom, fidgeting. “This crazy !” The door slammed shut right in front of Tiffany’s face without warning.

“Hey! You’re cleaning this up!” Tiffany banged the door as hard as she could. 

“Whatever!” Came Taeyeon’s muffled voice.

“I’m not cleaning your mess!”

“Leave me alone!”

“What’s wrong with you?!”

“5 minutes!” 

Tiffany groaned and stopped her attempt to open the door. 5 minutes. Tiffany hated the 5 minutes. She thought it was a silly thing to agree to but she respected Taeyeon’s privacy. So 5 minutes it was. She would give her 5 minutes, usually more, of peace and quiet until Taeyeon was willing to show herself. “Fine. 5 minutes. I’ll be on the couch. You better clean the mess when you get out. You heard me?”

The door creaked open, a tiny person peeking right behind it. “Yes. I will. Now go.” Taeyeon waved her off before closing back the room.

===
A/N: hehehehehehehe good night everyone! :)