(54)

Different 2
===

Their supposed lunch date was totally ruined the moment Mrs. Kim dragged the girls with her to a nearby restaurant. The older woman didn't even ask if they had prior plans and just pulled them out of the building. And now as they were seated in a table for 4 by the window, Taeyeon couldn't help but curse at every living creature in the universe once again. 

Lunch was rather pleasant, but Taeyeon would say otherwise, with the customary introductions, pleasantries, and way too much embarrassing stories of Taeyeon's childhood, until the most dreaded question had been asked.

"So how did you meet each other?" Mrs. Kim asked with enthusiasm before taking a bite from her salad.

"Um..." Taeyeon was rendered speechless at the question. Then she felt the hand on her knee, caressing it in a comforting manner which made her turn to her right.

"It may sound like one of those cliché romantic movies but I saw Taeyeon sitting alone in a park's bench." Tiffany said confidently with that beautiful smile of hers. Well, that wasn't a complete lie...

"Then? What happened?" Mrs. Kim pressed on like a curious little girl. Oh god, mother... please stop. Taeyeon tried really hard to suppress the urge to roll her eyes.

"I sat beside her and just watched her finish the ice cream she's been eating." The old lady squealed that made Tiffany giggle. . THIS IS A DISASTER! "Then..." She turned to Taeyeon with the widest smile before going back to Mrs. Kim. "Then I asked her if I could get to know her." 

Mrs. Kim let out another squeal and that was the last drop. "Okay. Now stop this nonsense." Taeyeon interrupted with a very miserable frown on her face. "No more talking." She glared at her girlfriend who went onto caressing her knee again to calm her down. 

"But Taeyeon-ah, I want to hear more!" Her mother disagreed. "Please continue, dear." She nodded to Tiffany.

"Um, we went out on a couple of dates then a little over 4 months later, she finally said yes." Tiffany finished her little speech with a radiating smile.

"Oh, what a beautiful story you've got." Mrs. Kim said dreamily. "I hope my daughter didn't give you so much of a headache." 

Taeyeon's frown on her face couldn't get any worse while Tiffany let out a few chuckles. "Oh, the headache." She shook her head dramatically. "I had to stock up on way too much pain killers for the past months." Her cheeky grin was met with a glare from her girlfriend. "And ice cream too." 

"Ah, Taeyeon's weakness." Mrs. Kim laughed lightly when her daughter's cheeks turned pink. "I suggest you stock up on gummy bears too." She lifted her brows playfully.

"Okay, now seriously stop it." Taeyeon flailed her hands frantically and called out for the bill. "It was really nice to see you Umma but we have to go now." She grabbed a couple of bills from her wallet and shoved them onto the table. "I will visit you one of these days. And yes." She quickly cut her off before her mother could say a word. "I will bring her with me so no more talking now, okay?" And with that, Taeyeon stormed out of the restaurant with a giggling Tiffany in tow.

===