(40)

Different 2
===

Tiffany sighed for the 10th time in the past minute as she flipped through the magazine. It has been days since she last saw Taeyeon and it’s beginning to make her crazy.

“What’s wrong Tiff?” Jessica asked from across her desk as she flipped through her magazine.

“It’s been 3 days since I last saw her.” She answered with a sigh and put down the fashion magazine. “I think I’m starting to lose my mind.”

“You already lost it the moment you decided to pursue that girl.”

“Jessi…” Tiffany pouted cutely at the accusation. “That’s totally not helping.”

“What? It’s true. You’re crazy. I think I should get you checked.” Jessica laughed at her best friend when she saw Tiffany sulking in her seat. “Well, how about you pay her a visit at her office?”

“She doesn’t like it when I go there unannounced.”

“Seriously? You believe that lie?”

“Oh Jessi, you will never understand.” Tiffany sighed deeply and took out her phone. 

“Oh please. I bet she secretly hopes you surprise her one of these days.” Jessica gave her a teasing grin. “Go on. Go after your grumpy little girlfriend. We don’t have much to do here anyway. Such a slow day. I think I’ll just go home.”

“It’s only 10 in the morning!” Tiffany looked at her sleepy friend in disbelief.

“Whatever. Who’s the boss here anyway?” She started to fix her desk and gathered all her things. “Okay, move it. I’ll be leaving now and you should too.” 

Tiffany stood up unwillingly and bid her friend goodbye before going back to her office. She made sure everything was organized and went out of the building. Taeyeon’s office was just a block away from hers, so she decided to just walk since she wasn’t in a hurry anyway. When Tiffany arrived at the building, the receptionist had already recognized her that she didn’t have to do much to get a pass.

“Here’s your pass, Miss Hwang.” The young lady gave the visitor’s ID. “Miss Kim is currently entertaining someone in her office but I think it won’t take long. You can wait at the lobby upstairs.” She politely bowed at Tiffany.

“Thank you.” Tiffany bowed just as politely and proceeded to take the lift. The ride up to the 7th floor was quiet and while she waited, she took out her phone and instantly smiled at the wallpaper. It was a photo of Taeyeon wearing her girlfriend’s printed sweater and cat ears headband. Tiffany could clearly remember how displeased the girl was but it didn’t stop her to take a couple of pictures and made one her current wallpaper. “Grumpy cat Taeyeon.” She giggled and pocketed the device when the elevator stopped at her floor.

Tiffany took her time to walk through the hall, observing the polished walls and empty meeting rooms. Sometimes, she couldn’t believe that her grumpy little girlfriend was running this company. It has been 3 years since Taeyeon had finally acquired one of their family’s businesses and she couldn’t be more proud. But the thought was quickly brushed off when she remembered what happened 3 years ago. 3 years ago, she decided to break up with Taehyung. 3 years ago, she decided to go back home in LA and cried her eyes out to her beloved father. 3 years ago… Who’s that girl? Tiffany immediately stopped walking when she saw a tall young lady stepped out of Taeyeon’s office followed by the said girl.

===
A/N: Oh, for reference: grumpy cat taeyeon