(76)

Different 2
=== 

Tiffany almost ran to get the door the moment she heard the doorbell ring. With a huge smile plastered on her face, she made a quick fix on her dress then pulled the door open. But as soon as she saw the two not-so-blessed-with-height people standing outside, the smile turned upside down into a frown. For about a month now, Tiffany had been anticicpating for this day to come. The day that she would finally move her things to Taeyeon’s place. And of course the sight right in front of her was the last thing that she wanted to see. The sight of two people standing too close for her liking. The sight of one of them frowning while the other one had a smile that reached from ear to ear. The sight of unfamiliar arms wrapped around possessively on that all too familiar arm. The sight of… 

“Go away!” Taeyeon was first to speak. Or more like half yelled as she tried to pry away the arms around her own. “What the hell?!” She looked at her companion with utter disbelief.

“I’m not doing anything.” The not-too-tall person shrugged nonchalantly, undeterred by Taeyeon’s snappy attitude.

Tiffany just watched the two bicker with each other until she couldn’t take it anymore. So she cleared loudly, catching both their attentions, and put on her best smile. “Taeyeon-ah.” She called out her girlfriend with the sweetest tone that she could muster at that moment.

“Taeyeon-ah.” The unidentified short girl echoed then squealed way too loud. “Taeyeon-ah.” She said it again, this time shaking the said girl vigorously.

“What the hell?! Stop it!” Taeyeon flailed her hands to swat away the ones gripping her shoulders.

“Tae-yeon-ah~” 

“Shut up!” The girl might have had enough that she pushed the other girl away and entered the apartment, slamming the door shut to keep the unwanted visitor away.

“Who was that?” Tiffany almost stumbled back but Taeyeon was quick to hold her arm.

“Some stupid annoying person.”

“What?” She looked at the closed door when it was banged thrice and followed by some muffled words that sounded like let me in you ungrateful hopeless romantic.

“Never mind her, she’s crazy.” Taeyeon took a step forward but Tiffany blocked her way with one arm. “What are you doing? We need to get your stuff moving.” She stepped to the other side but her girlfriend wasn’t letting her.

“Tell me.”

“Tell you what?”

“Who was that person you were with?” Tiffany wasn’t sure if she was supposed to be annoyed or fascinated by Taeyeon’s seemingly sour mood. 

“My friend. Neighbor. Some cat loving person. I don’t know?!” Taeyeon answered with newfound hatred on the person still banging the door. “Oh my god! Stop banging the ing door Soonkyu!” She opened the door harshly and the person stumbled forward, almost falling on the floor.

“Stop calling me with that ing name!” Soonkyu yelled back.

“Um, you two. Wait.” Tiffany looked from one girl to another. When she saw her girlfriend lifting up a fist to fight, she quickly stepped in between and held Taeyeon’s arms in place. “Hey, no fighting.”

“Whatever!” Taeyeon swatted the hands away and glared at her before going back in.

“Wait. What?” Tiffany had never been this confused in her life as she watched Soonkyu walked past her and into her apartment.

===