(89)

Different 2

=== 

"Hello, Sir... Mr... Hwang..." Taeyeon did a 90 degree bow that startled the old man. "It's... nice to meet... you." She bended even lower until Tiffany stopped her. "I'm..." With a shaky breath, she took a quick glance at her girlfriend before turning to Mr. Hwang who had a strange expression on. "Kim Taeyeon, age 33. I have a stable job. I don't have any criminal records. I don't do drugs. I don't drink and drive. I go to monthly health check ups." 

"Uh..." Mr. Hwang was utterly speechless as Taeyeon went on with her monotonous introduction.

"I acquired one of my family's businesses not too long ago. I can assure you, I am financially stable." 

"Okay, that's good to he..." 

"I am running this hotel. I currently own 30% of the hmmmpphh..." Tiffany just had to cut her off before she could say anything more.

"Dad, this is Taeyeon." She pulled the girl closer, her hand still covering Taeyeon's mouth. "As you can see, she's a bit nervous. And..."

"And...?" Mr. Hwang eyed the said girl warily.

"She tends to say incoherent things."

"Okay...?"

"So please bear with her."

Prying the hand away, Taeyeon shrugged the other hand off her shoulder and straighten up. "I asked Tiffany to marry me last Christmas." She lifted her hand to show the ring on her finger. "She said you were happy to hear the news..." Looking at him with eyes full of fear, she asked, "Are you really...?"

"Of course I..." The old man was interrupted yet again.

"I'm sorry for taking Tiffany away from you."

"What...?"

"I know she means a lot to you. And... she just had to... marry someone... like me." 

"What is she..." He turned to his daughter when Taeyeon looked like she was seriously going to cry. 

"I just want you to like me Mr. Hwang. Despite my shortcomings."

"Hey, why are you..." Mr. Hwang reached out for Taeyeon's arm but retracted it when the girl flinched.

"Please don't kill me..." Taeyeon cowered in fear while covering her head with those shaky hands. 

"What...?" The poor old man was seriously confused by now when his future daughter-in-law dashed out of the private dining room, screaming some incoherent words that most definitely sounded like I don't wanna die just yet.

With the most exasperated sigh ever, Tiffany shook her head. "Daddy, I swear... this... she's just..."

"Are you sure she took her meds before coming here?" Mr. Hwang patted his daughter's arm lightly. 

"Yes. She did. I made sure she did." 

"Okay, if you say so." He smiled kindly and urged her to go. "Go after her. I'll just wait here. No worries."

With the way how her father was smiling, Tiffany couldn't help but return it although it was a bit shaky and awkward. After giving him a quick hug, she dashed out of the room with a frown on her face.

===