(7)

Different 2
===

Hi. I know it’s been five days since that disastrous night and I would like to apologize. I was clearly at fault. I should’ve known when to stop. I’m deeply sorry. Can I make it up to you by having another date?

Tiffany blinked and reread the message for about 5 more times before everything sunk in. she was clearly surprised when her phone suddenly vibrated and got even more surprised when she saw the sender’s name. On the third day of not receiving any messages from Taeyeon since their date, all hope had ceased from Tiffany. She thought that was it, her first and last date with Taeyeon. But she was definitely wrong when a text from the said girl came out of nowhere in the middle of the day.

It didn’t help that she was in her office when the message came. Tiffany badly wanted to scream in joy but that would be quite scandalous. She was the co-owner of their firm and expressing such behavior would not do any good to her image. So she just settled with exhaling a deep breath and before she could type in a reply, her feet had unconsciously took her to the next office.

“What is it?” Jessica asked curtly as soon as she heard the door burst open without any warning.

“Guess what?”

“I’m guessing you’re about to tell me something that I don’t wanna hear.”

Tiffany pouted at her friend’s lack of interest and sat on the empty chair. “She asked me out on another date!” She waved her phone right in front of her best friend’s face.

“Who asked who what?” Jessica looked at her with a half confused, half annoyed face.

“Taeyeon. She asked me out on a date. Again.” She tapped on her phone eagerly and sent her reply with the biggest smile on her face.

“Excuse me but who’s Taeyeon again?”

“Kim Taeyeon.”

“Have I met her before?”

“No…?” Tiffany avoided her friend’s eye subtly but Jessica was too sharp not to notice it.

“No.” Jessica echoed as she narrowed her eyes while observing her friend fidget in her seat. “Tell me more about this Taeyeon person.”

“I thought you’re not interested in what I’m about to share?”

“Yeah, yeah. But who are you kidding? I will listen whether I like it or not.” The girl lifted her brows questioningly. “So?”

“Uh…” Tiffany definitely didn’t think things through. She had completely forgotten that Jessica wasn’t supposed to know about Taeyeon, at least for now.

“Spill.”

“She’s… Uh… She’s…”

“She’s what? Just say it already!” Jessica was almost out of patience by now.

“She’s Taehyung’s twin sister…?” Tiffany closed her eyes as she didn’t want to see her friend’s reaction and prepared for an hour long of scolding.

“Taehyung’s twin sister.”

“Um… Yes.” She cracked an eye and saw Jessica just staring at her, expression unreadable.

“Taehyung’s. Twin. Sister.”

“Yes, Jessi.”

When everything had sunk in, Jessica abruptly stood up and went around the desk to hit Tiffany’s head with a rolled up magazine. “What did I tell you about pursuing that girl?!”

“Ow…” Tiffany looked down and tried to ignore her aching head. “But she’s really nice…”

“Why are you so obsessed with that scumbag’s family?!”

“I’m not!”

“Then why are you dating his sister?!”

“Because…!”

“Oh god…” Jessica shook her head when she saw Tiffany’s pleading face. “Whatever Tiff. Just don’t come here crying when something bad happens.” 

===