(59)

Different 2
=== 

Taeyeon had never been this bored in her entire life. . What am I even doing here?! She grumbled quietly as she strolled inside the newly opened boutique. It wouldn’t be that bad she said… Her brows were furrowed while looking at what seemed to be a dress. Blah, blah, blah, what the ?! I don’t even belong here! She almost ruffled her hair in annoyance but good thing she thought better than that and kept her arms crossed.

The girl had never been a fan of these kind of events. People passed by her, some who recognized her made small talks, and Taeyeon hated small talks, the fake business smiles, people trying to engage her in business deals, and whatnot. But what irritated her the most was seeing her girlfriend walk from groups of people to another. She clearly knew that it was customary, it was Tiffany’s newly opened shop after all. But still… I hate being ignored like this!The thought just made her frown and she decided to stay at a corner, far away from everyone else.

“Miss Kim?” A familiar voice of an old man greeted her out of nowhere. 

“Mr. Park.” She greeted back rather unenthusiastically. 

“It’s nice to see you! I didn’t know you would be interested in coming to such event.” Mr. Park gave her his signature smile that annoyed her to no end. 

“I’m far from interested.”

“Oh. Then how come you’re here?” His thick eyebrows rose in question.

“I was forced to come here to accompany my…”

“Oh, Mr. Park!” Tiffany interrupted her and Taeyeon had never been this grateful for such unwanted interruption. “I’m glad you’re able to come despite your busy schedule.” She shook his hand with a smile.

“It’s nothing.” He waved his hand dismissively. “And I wouldn’t want to miss the shop’s opening. My wife had been nagging at me through the phone for the past hour.” He chuckled. “She would’ve been here but she had to go to Shanghai.” 

“Too bad for Mrs. Park. But she can come and visit whenever she wants once she gets home.” 

“Yes, she will definitely do that.” Taeyeon just watched them talk and no longer than a minute, she started to get bored and quite irritated. “Oh, by the way Taeyeon.” Mr. Park’s attention went back to the silent girl and when he saw the hand casually holding onto her waist, he inadvertently gasped which made the two look at him with worry.

“Is there something wrong, Mr. Park?” Taeyeon asked with genuine concern in her tone.

His old wrinkly eyes widen as he looked from Taeyeon to Tiffany. “Are you two dating?” He leaned forward to quietly ask and made sure no one was around them in close range. The girls blushed by reflex and the old man chuckled lightly at the adorable sight.

“So what Uncle…” Taeyeon whimpered, making Mr. Park chuckle some more and Tiffany raised her brows in curiosity.

“Uncle…?” Tiffany looked from the old man to her girlfriend.

“Ah, we’re actually not related.” Mr. Park patted the frowning girl’s head lightly. “Her dad and I are good friends since our university days. So they’re like family to us.” He smiled at the two of them. “I’m glad you’re not being a loner anymore, Taeyeon.” He said teasingly.
“Whatever.” Taeyeon mumbled and started to sulk.

“Taeyeon-ah…” Tiffany turned to her and shook her head before going back to Mr. Park. “I’m sorry for this childish behavior Mr. Park.” She said apologetically. 

“Oh, no, no. I’m used it already.” He laughed heartily. “Anyway, I’ll leave you two and go around so I could send some photos to my wife.” He nodded before bidding them goodbye.

As soon as the old man was out of sight, Tiffany let out a deep sigh. “Baby…” She held the girl’s face and forced her to meet her eyes. “Why are you sulking?” Taeyeon only frowned in return that made her sigh again. “Is it because of Mr. Park’s teasing?”

Taeyeon exhaled through her nose before answering a curt, “No.”

“Then what is it?” She pulled her closer and Taeyeon stepped forward unwillingly. “Hm? Tell me.”

“I hate being ignored.” Taeyeon said with gritted teeth.

“Oh, baby…” Tiffany went on to hug her sulking girlfriend. “I’m sorry if you felt that way.” She tried to fix the girl’s messy hair after pulling back. “Just an hour more, okay?” She smiled as she patted her cheeks gently. “I’ll make it up to you later.” 

Taeyeon grimaced at the suggestive wink and pushed her girlfriend away. “Fine. Whatever. Now go away.”

“Okay, now that’s more like it.” Tiffany patted her head and smiled sweetly. “I’ll see you in an hour.” 

===