(110)

Different 2
===
 
“I found it!” Taeyeon yelled from across the room.
 
“You found what?”
 
“This!” 
 
“But...” Tiffany stared at her wife as if she had gone insane. “That’s not an it. That’s a child, Taeyeon.” 
 
“I know.” Taeyeon rolled her eyes, dismissing the unwanted look. “I found the right one.” She crouched, levelling her eyes at the little kid. 
 
“You think so?” Tiffany did the same, a tiny smile appearing on her face as she looked at the child then to Taeyeon.
 
“I’m sure of it.” And for the first time that day, Taeyeon smiled. “We’d like to take him.” She stood up and told the middle aged woman, Miss Lee, who was assisting them.
 
“We’re so glad to hear that Miss Taeyeon.” The middle aged woman replied with a kind smile. “But we have a policy here that you should adopt the rest of the siblings, if there are any.” 
 
“There’s more?” Taeyeon’s face lit up, much to Tiffany’s surprise.
 
“Yes, Miss Taeyeon.” 
 
“How many are we talking about here?” Tiffany chimed in.
 
“Well, Minho here have 2 siblings.” Miss Lee showed them into another room. 
 
And as soon as Taeyeon saw the little girl and boy who looked similar to Minho, she couldn’t help but gasp and look at Tiffany with those round puppy dog eyes. 
 
“What?” Tiffany asked.
 
“I want them.” Taeyeon answered with conviction. 
 
“Baby, I think you need to sleep on it first. I mean... they’re really cute and all that but we’re talking about kids here. A long term commitment.” The light in her wife’s eyes disappeared in an instant.
 
“Miss Tiffany is right.” The middle aged woman smiled kindly at Taeyeon.
 
“Right.” Taeyeon mumbled to herself.
 
“How about I’ll give you 1 week to think about it?” Tiffany proposed.
 
“But someone might get them!”
 
Tiffany took a deep breath, preparing herself for whatever it was to come. “Baby...”
 
“The babies will be gone by then!” 
 
“No they won’t.”
 
“How?!”
 
“If they’re meant for us, they will still be here when we come back.” Tiffany held her wife’s hand. “Okay?” 
 
“Fine. Alright. I will just have to wait.” Taeyeon mumbled again while crossing her arms in defeat. 
 
“I think we’re settled now Miss Lee.” Tiffany turned to the other woman. “We’ll talk about it first then come back after a week.” 
 
“No problem Miss Tiffany. Let’s get back to the office so you can get the documents.” Miss Lee gestured toward the hallway, leading them back to the office.
 
Taeyeon stopped at the doorway, taking a final look at the children quietly reading books before following them.
 
===
 
A/N: I am... back again! With another update. LOL I feel like I am making a really bad decision here... but whatever! XD