109

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  I felt the hands on my shoulders release me once Tao was close enough to catch me.  Which was a good thing because the moment the hands holding me upright let go I collapsed into Tao’s strong grip.  I don’t know what has gotten into me so suddenly; I wasn’t like this I few minutes ago.

  I can’t blame this on whoever stopped me from falling since I didn’t feel anything happen then.  Maybe I was getting sick again, Lay already said I had a fever before we started training.  Maybe I did over exert myself without even realizing it while healing Suho.

  Whatever it was I don’t like that I have to see these boys look so worried.  All I have been doing recently is worrying them over and over again and I hate that.  I don’t want them to worry about me, I’m normally never this weak, so just what is happening to me.

  Nothing is making sense.

  “Sky what’s wrong?”  Tao asked me wordily as he lifted me up and cradled me against his chest.

  “What are you doing out here, you should have stayed with Lay and Suho.”  Xiumin chastised me.

  “Lay told me to fine you Xiumin.”  I said.  My voice came out normally, much to the relief of the boys and myself, I was just dizzy and lightheaded that was all.  I think.

  “Why did he send you to me?”  He questioned me.

  “He didn’t say.”  I answered, “He just seemed shocked about something and set me to find you.”

  “We will ask him once we get inside.”  Kris said as he began to head back towards the house.  Tao held me closer to his body as he followed the two older boys towards the house.  The longer I stayed close to Tao the less dizzy I began to feel, my head cleared and I felt my strength coming back to me.

  Once we got back into the living room I spoke up, “You can set me down Tao I’m feeling better.”

  He looked a little skeptical but set me on my feet once again.  I looked around the room to find Suho and Lay in the same places I left them in, but Lay was resting his forearms on his knees and had his head bent down.  I walked over to him and placed a comforting hand on his back, “Is everything alright?”

  He hummed softly, “Go train with Kris.”

  “That’s three in one day Lay.”  Kris shot at the younger, “That is too much for her body to handle.”

  This caused Lay to snap his head up and glare at the other, “I know what her body can handle better than anyone in this house.  It’s best she continue with her training today without a break; tomorrow she will train with Tao so teach her everything as fast as you can.  Give her enough time to sleep, but get through everything before then.”

  “She won’t be able to handle that.”  Xiumin interjected.  “Her body can’t take that much stress in one day, she already almost collapsed out back.”

  “More of a reason for her to continue.”  Suho said, clearly siding with Lay in this argument the five boys were having.

  I wasn’t going to get involved in this.  My input would be ignored; they were already acting like I wasn’t here so I didn’t see a reason to clue them into the fact that I was still standing beside Tao.

  “Why though?”  Tao asked the two.

  “Just trust us, she can’t stop training not now of all times.”  Lay explained.  “Stopping training and letting her rest will do more damage then letting her continue.  Both outcomes aren’t very favorable, but this one has less risks involved.”

  “Take her to the roof Kris and teach her whatever you can, I’m sure some of the others will stop by once they are back to normal so use all the time you have wisely.”  Suho spoke before motioning him to take me and go.  “Just don’t push her off the roof without explaining things.  Do that once Luhan is able to catch her should the need arise.”

  Kris nodded and turned to pull me out of the room and towards the stairs to the roof.  “You aren’t actually going to push me off the roof are you?”  I asked him as he pulled the door leading to the roof open.

  Kris remained silent, never once looking at me as he went to the bench near the center of the roof.  “Once Luhan is able to catch you I’m going to consider it.”  That was not the answer I was expecting.  I thought he would deny that fact and just tell me Suho was joking.  But no, he was serious. 

  Damn I just have no luck.  “Don’t think I’m doing it because I don’t like you or anything Sky.  Don’t hold any hard feelings if I do end up shoving you off the side of this roof.  We just have to hope that if I do find the need to do that, that Luhan is there to catch you.  If not we can only hope you have figured out how to control my part of your Ability.”

  Okay, Kris is still crazy and not himself.  Who in their right mind would casually talk about pushing someone off a roof?  Like seriously, should I even be up here with him right now because I’m starting to doubt my safety around him.  He has been cold to me from the start, and no matter how much he has started to warm up to me how can I be sure he wouldn’t just shove me off this house to my death?  At least then him and his brothers would be free from being owned by another Dealer.

  “But you won’t push me off this roof, right?”  I asked again.  The pitch of my voice had gone up and I was really worried he was going to push me.

  This time he looked down at me.  His face was blank as always. “If you keep asking me I’ll start to consider a little more closely.  Just sit, and listen for now before I get you to try this.”

  I sat like he said not wanting to get on his bad side, not when the possibility of being thrown to plummet to my death from four stories.  “Good, let us start then since I wasn’t given much choice in this.”

  “If you don’t want to teach me, you don’t have to Kris I’m not going to force you.”  I snapped lightly.  Really, if Kris doesn’t want to teach me then he doesn’t have to.  I won’t force him to teach me, I’m sure I could figure it out on my own.  While that might take me a little longer than Lay said I would have at least Kris wouldn’t feel burdened.

  “It’s not that I don’t want to Sky.”  Kris replied sounding rather frustrated.  He raked his hand through his hair as he let out a loud sigh, eyes looking up at the endless red sky above our heads.  “After learning both Xiumin and Lay’s Specialties so closely together is going to affect your system.”

  His shoulders deflated as he continued.  “Like we’ve told you before Sky, your Ability can kill you.  There are a number of factors that are contributing to the risk of your death, one of the being that you have Claimed us and unlocked us fully as the EXO Deck.  Factor two being that you are not a Royal and did the prier, and the third is that you are ov

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter