38*

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chanyeol’s POV

  I don’t know how long I have been unconscious, but my limbs ache and my head is pounding.  I feel like I’ve been hit by a metorite and crashed into a boulder.  The ground is hard and cold, which didn’t help much either.  I could barely open my eyes; it seemed to need too much energy to even breath right now.

  The release of energy was stronger than I thought it would have been.  It released every bit of energy I had, and had I not been immortal and bound to my Card, I would have died.  The only thing that kept me from dying was the fact that the Card that held me wouldn’t let me die.  I’ve been spending the last unknown amount of time trying to regain the energy I lost.  But without proper rest and food I was not going to get enough energy this way to be able to make my way back to the house.

  Damn it, why now of all times does this have to happen.  Finally able to get enough energy to open my eyes I looked up at the burgundy sky that hung above me, the moon visible though the branches.

  How many nights have I been away from Sky?  Is she mad at me?  Does she even want me to come back?  I couldn’t help but let these thoughts fly though my head as I stare weakly up at the red sky.

  The bond we had between all of us was starting to make itself more pronounced and known.  And I wish it hadn’t.  All of the emotions Sky has been feeling washed over me in seconds.  Her sadness and hurt; the pain at my disappearing was all flooding through me.  I let out a low whimper at the force and intensity of her pain.

  I caused her so much harm when I only tried to protect her from myself.  I knew I made the right decision in leaving before I could have released this mass amount of energy, but it may have caused just as much harm to my Dealer and my brothers in leaving.

  I could feel them trying to search for me though the bond now, but I was too weak to let them get a position on me.  Maybe if Luhan was helping them they might be able to pick up even a glimmer of something, if not, would they ever find me?  Would I be stuck here feeling all of their pain and frustration until I could gain enough energy to let them know where I was?  Would Sky ever give up and forget about me, thinking I wouldn’t come back?

  I don’t even know how long I was out here.  It could have been a day or even a month.  I knew nothing about how much time passed and I was alone and suffering quietly in a part of the woods that no one would find me in.  I couldn’t die, but that didn’t mean I couldn’t get hurt.  I was exposed to the elements and nature around me, anything could happen and I would be powerless to stop it.

  The air was charged with my energy as it slowly began to disperse into the surrounding area.  It might take me weeks to even begin to regain the energy needed to walk.  If the boys didn’t find soon, I hope they don’t give up on me until thet do.

  “Chanyeol!” Came the distressed screams of two voices I knew quite well.  I don’t know if I was only imagining those voices.  I hoped I wasn’t, I really did.  Maybe I was going a little crazy from the lack of energy and all of this was only a dream I was having.

  “Chanyeol, are you okay.”  Came the panicked voice of my dongsaengs.

  I couldn’t talk, I couldn’t move.  How the heck am I supposed to even talk to these two boys?  At least they never gave up on searching for me.  It couldn’t have been too long since I left, only a few days tops.  It had to.

  “His eyes are open, Kai, he’s awake at least.”  Came D.O’s chocked voice.

  “What the hell happened to you?  Where have you been?”  Kai managed to get through his lips.

  I let my eyes wander over the two of them.  I just wanted to get home; I wanted to get away from here.  I wanted to see Sky again and show her that she didn’t have to worry about me leaving her.  I never wanted to leave her, but it was safer if I did, and now she is suffering for it, but it’s better than her being injured because I stuck around.

  “We need to get him home.  The others will know what to do.”  D.O said as he stood up.  “Help me lift him, Kai.”  I couldn’t do a single thing as I felt the two Warriors lift me off the hard earth.  “, you burnt the ground you were laying on.  Nothing will grow there any time soon without any help.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter