125

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chanyeol’s POV

  “What’s taking Tao and Lay so long?  It’s be a half hour since they vanished.”  Chen muttered as he looked towards the door.  “You think they’re alright?”

  “If either of them was hurt in any way Lay would take care of it, you know how he is when someone’s hurt.  He’ll heal them without needing to be asked, it’s just who he is.”  Suho reassured him before going back to Sky’s cheek affectionately.

  “Ember?”  I called softly as I lit a flame over my palm.

  “Yes Master?”  Came the phoenix’s reply as he emerged from the burning flame.  Ruffling his feathers he trailed his eyes on me looking rather unimpressed.  “Can I assist you with something, because if not I have things I have to do.”

  “What do you have to do that is more important than assisting me?”  I questioned him as I set him on the headboard of Sky’s bed to I could run my fingers through her hair as I spoke with the creature.

  “Keeping your Dealer alive seems rather important, and I would assume you would rather have me doing that than running errands for you.”  Ember deadpanned gaining our attention.

  “What are you talking about Ember?”  I hissed at him, wanting answers about what was happening to Sky as much as all the others.

  His eyes snapped with fire as he seemed to glare at me.  “You are all idiots, every last one of you!  Do you understand how reckless you were transferring energy to your Dealer when it contained a piece of your Specialty?  Did you even think about what it could do to her already fragile state?”

  I could see the younger boys shrink back at Ember’s condescending tone.  Sehun, Kai and D.O flinched the most visibly with the harsh words thrown at us.  But Ember didn’t end there, no he still has more to spit at us.  “Not to mention what it was going to do to the twelve of you, but of course none of you would think of that when she’s like this.”

  His feathers lit back to flames as his anger mounted, blue and white flames the tips of his body.  “I don’t think all of you understand just what exactly you have with this Dealer and how special it is.  And you are messing with a very fine line that should not be toyed with.  The double bonds you have with her are strong, unbreakable and timeless.  But you fools have just manipulated it in a way that I’ve never seen.  Those bonds now aren’t just connections that won’t let you separate but are something more and I can’t figure out exactly what it means, but it isn’t the best.”

  “She’s dying Ember, we had to try something.”  Xiumin told my pet when he paused in his ranting.

  “And what you did very well could have killed her instantly.”  The phoenix squawked back murderously.  “What you did was foolish and irresponsible.  You’ve put all of you at risk because you’ve tampered with places within yourselves you didn’t want to get close with again.  I can already feel it burning inside you Chanyeol so don’t even try to refute it.”

  His red flame covered body became a bright white as his anger mounted.  “One of you has already lost himself once to his past, be sure it doesn’t happen again.”

  With the final hiss he vanished into ash back to wherever he previously was before I summoned him.  “Does anyone know what the deranged bird was raving about?”  Chen asked.

  Glaring at him for insulting Ember I shrugged my shoulders.  Ember has a tendency to complicate everything he says and never speak things straight, so figuring him out still slips me.

  “Something is wrong with Lay!”  Tao exclaimed as he burst through the doors of Sky’s room causing us all to jump in out places.  His eyes were wide in panic, his breathing hitched.  “Something is seriously wrong with Lay.”

  Be fore any of us had time to react Lay came sauntering through the door behind Tao with a sheepish slime.  “Nothing is wrong with me.” He pointed said to Tao making him shrink away from him nervously.  “Sorry we took so long.”

  “What happened to keep you away so long?  Are you alright?”  Kris asked as he got off them bed and made his way over to the two boys.

  “A little on edge after the transfer is all.”  Lay responded as he moved towards the bed.  “Sky’s doing fine though, still fighting as always.”

  I kept my eyes on Lay as he moved towards the bed.  His voice and words are like they always are, but his last comment had me questioning him.  He wasn’t in the room, he had no connection with Sky, so just how does he know she’s fine.

  “Luhan, keep Lay away from Sky.”  Kris growled as he held Tao beside him.

  Lay hissed as he was stopped in motion just as he reached the bed.  “Let me go Luhan, I need to make sure she’s doing alright.”

  “You aren’t getting anywhere close to her until I’m certain you aren’t going to hurt her.”  Kris growled.  “You think after hurting one of your own I’m going to let you close to the girl holding our hearts.  Not a chance.”

  “What’s going on?”  Baekhyun questioned as he looked away from Sky to find out what the commotion going on was about like the rest of us had.

  “I’m in control damn it!”  Lay growled.

  Clearly you aren’t if your acting like this.  what happened to him.  I asked myself as I watched the way he was acting.  He was acting the same way he used to act, before all of this started. 

  “You’ve put all of you at risk because you’ve tampered with places within yourselves you didn’t want to get close with again.  I can already feel it burning inside you Chanyeol so don’t even try to refute it.”  “One of you has already lost himself once to his past, be sure it doesn’t happen again.”  Embers words echoed in my head and I cursed aloud.  He already knew this happened to Lay.  He already knew this was happening.

  “ you Ember.”  I growled darkly before leashing my temper so I wouldn’t lose control as Lay already had.  Controlling my heat I pulled away from Sky to be sure I wouldn’t hurt her.  “We all need to leash our emotions.  Good, bad, indifferent don’t let them out of control.  Lay you need to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter