159

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

L looked around in shock, as Youngjae had, when we appeared in the new room above ground. The sunlight streaming in from the windows along one wall told me that much as it provided a beautiful light to the room.

“What?” L blundered as he used the table in front of him to steady his feet.

L looked over at me in stunned terror as his mind tried to rationally grasp what was going on.

“I’m a Mimic, remember?” I told him what he already knew. “There’s a lot I can do that would surprise you.”

He nodded slowly. I moved around him to pull two cushioned office chairs over for us to sit on. I pushed his up against the back of his knees from behind him so that he knew he could sit down while we talked. I moved mine around in front of him so we could speak face to face.

I held my hand up slightly to stop him from beginning the list of questions filling through his mind. “Before you ask anything, give me a chance to explain some things to you. I’ll probably answer half of what you want to know anyway. Can you let me do that?”

“Sure.” His voice was a bitt shaky, but it was calmer then when it had been around the Royals in the vast tunnel system.

“You once told me you were good at keeping secrets and wanted to be my friend. Does all of that still stand?” I asked him. A tad scared his answer would have changed. 

I wasn’t used to having friends, but I was willing to step away from a comfort zone I had and make one today. It would be easier on the both of us to know that everything we were going to go through would be between people we my be able to see as a friend once we knew more about each other.

I needed to know how L was involved in all of this and why it was appearing he was far more involved then he claimed to have been. I needed L to be completely honest with me, and the only way to achieve that was to be as equally open and honest with him about everything.

L opened his mouth to give me a response, but before he got the chance the only door in the room burst open and slammed again the wall inside with a deafening bang that echoed throughout the room. Startled, L shot to his feet and I tensed in my chair.

A woman wearing a fitted black suit with her strawberry red dyed hair that had her brown roots showing pulled up into a tight, uncomfortable looking bun, was leading three men into the room with a frightening expression.

I was going to take a wild guess – which was probably correct – and say that the three men with her were her Warriors. All three of the men were over six feet in height and wore black sweatpants that hung from their hips, black and grey running shoes, and black muscle shirts. They all carried a silver embroidered emblem of a bear on the left chest of their shirts.

Their expressions blank and impossible to read, they moved past their Dealer and approached the two of us. Two of them went to L and seized him viciously by his upper arms were the cuffs had previously bound him to the wall in the underground tunnels. The third came towards me with the intention to restrain me as the others had L.

Crap. Clearly the news wasn’t passed on fast enough, or far enough, that I was going to be looking into this matter and needed access to everything that was seized. This wasn’t how I wanted to explain anything to L, and I didn’t want to frighten him any more than he already was, but there was no way to avoid this situation any longer.

I should have made sure the right people knew what I was going to be getting up to before showing up unexpected and unknown in places unauthorized Dealers really shouldn't be.

Too late now. I sighed to myself. Next time, try to remember not to be so stupid.

When the Warrior reached to grab me I moved quicker than him and grasped his wrist before wrenching it behind his back and twisting it uncomfortably. Kicking him behind his knees I forced him to the floor on his knees before me and pressed just below his neck on his spin to cause him to tilt forwards and hiss out in pain.

When one of the Warriors holding L released him to come at me, I snapped the wrist of the Warrior I was already restraining and dislocated his shoulder before ing him onto the floor with a small, regretful, “Sorry.” Before turning to face the new threat.

I swung my leg out and hit the Warrior’s right rib cage with enough force to hear a few of his ribs crack and him to stumble to the side. I was well aware of the ability Warriors had to quickly heal and once returned to their Cards were relatively fully healed after a small length of time.

They would heal, but it would hurt while they were Summoned.

Holding the Warrior to the ground with my right foot digging into his spine and another soft apology sent his way. I looked up at the Dealer who was currently in charge. Kind of.

“I am Sky Rouge, daughter of Descendants Aura and Aydin.” I spoke calmly, evenly and with authority. “Have your Warriors release my friend and return to their Cards.”

I pressed harder in the spine of the Warrior in front of me. He let out a small groan of pain to the additional pressure. The woman stood their staring at me, her jaw slack.

I looked over at L and softly chuckled at the awestruck expression as he watched me move. His Ability was giving him access to see just how much strength my muscles were capable of. He knew I held back before, but it hadn't seemed he realized the true extent to which I was doing when we fought in the competition.

I looked up at the Warrior still holding L harshly and met his eyes. “Let him go, or I’ll come over there and make you let go of him.

When he didn’t I pressed more firmly on the back of the Warrior on the ground before moving over to L. “I told you, L, you have my protection. They can’t harm you without breaking the law, technically.”

Wrapping my hand around the throat of the Warrior, I pushed back on his airway and forced him to release his hold on L in order to be able to get the breaths he needed into his lungs. I let the Warrior go once L was free form his grasp.

“Send them back please so we can have a normal conversation, that doesn’t involve force and power.” I said once again. “And if you insist on keeping your Warriors with you for protection, do stop them from trying to use their Specialties. It won’t work,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter