69

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N - Important Author's Note at the end.  Please read it.  Enjoy~

 

  When I woke up I looked at the three Cards I kissed the other night.  Like Chen they gave me different feelings and their Cards changed.  Kai's made me feel like I was floating in space, Baekhyun's made me feel like I was being warmed by the sun and Xiumin's made me feel like I was freezing – the same feeling I got when I first Claimed him.

  Kai’s Card now had him surrounded my a black mist with a red background instead of just being of pale white mist that that covered the whole picture.  I could clearly see the human shape within the black mist floating away from him. 

  Baekhyun’s Card now portrayed him with rays of light piercing the ground at his feat, his hand glowing slightly as one of the beams landed in his upward stretched left hand.  It was so different then the ring of fire that was previously on it.

  Xiumin’s Card was a little different.  On his Card, before the change occurred, he was surround my rain.  Now, each raindrop was a snowflake drawn with extreme detail.  The edge of the picture looked to be covered in ice that crawled along the Card.

  I can’t say I didn’t like the changes, on the contrary actually I find they suit the boys better.  I can’t tell you why but it seems to really represent them as who they are at the base of everything.  It shows who they are inside, and even if I can’t see this side of them I know it is inside them somewhere.

  What the actual meaning behind the changing of the Cards is I am still unsure of.  I haven’t told the boys about it yet and I have no idea if they are even aware that their Cards have changed, but I was going to talk with them about it tonight.  I had three Cards left, Lay, Kris and Tao and when I was done tonight I would talk to them about it maybe they had the answers I was searching for.

  It was just past dawn and the boys wouldn’t be up yet but I was wide awake as it was.  I was still tired from whatever happened with the Cards and I had to wait a little longer to gain the strength back to be able to get through the last three remaining Cards.

  After classes.  After classes were over today I would kiss the last three Cards.  Twelve hours more and I would finish this, just twelve more hours.  Yawning I carefully climbed out of my bed, my back was feeling better today surprisingly.  It didn’t hurt as much and I was sure it was healing just fine, no problems.  I showered and changed careful to not hurt my back the whole time before resting on my bed again.

  I got comfortable and pulled the book I was reading out, propping it up on the headboard so I could read it without sitting up.  I could spend hours just flipping through this book and I would, if I wasn’t interrupted that is.  And it wasn’t just an interruption of one of the boys coming in – well it was, but I wasn’t going to classify this as such.

  I didn’t stay in my bed long after they came stumbling into the room.  I could already tell something was wrong, very wrong just from the feeling of their bond.  My eyes widened as I knelt down next to him.

  Tao’s bond never felt this unstable.  It shook and wavered.  It was pulled thin and power struggled to flow along it.  He was pale and sickly looking, the dark circles around his eyes were darker than normal, he was struggling to stay awake and I was sure he hadn’t slept in days.

  “Tao.”  I said weekly as I placed my hands on his shoulders as he lay on the floor.  “Tao what’s wrong?  What’s happening to you?”

  I was close to tears.  No matter how much he never talked or how much he kept to himself the past few days I had grown attached to having him around, having all of them around.  Why didn’t he say anything about how he was feeling, why didn’t I realize that something was seriously wrong when his Bond kept getting worse.

  Why do I always end up in situations like this?

  “Tao, answer me, please.”  I begged, eyes filling with tears as I looked down at him, brushing his hair out of his face.  What was wrong with him, why was this happening to him.

  I tried to feel his bond out but anytime I tried to touch it the bond would only shake more and Tao would flinch on the floor.  So that aspect of trying to figure out what was wrong wasn’t going to work, it was only hurting him more.  I need to know what is bothering him and I need to find out soon.

  “Should I call Lay?  He would know what to do right?”  I talked aloud to myself, no idea what I should do. 

  “Don’t.”  Tao hissed.

  “He would know what to do Tao.  I have no idea what’s going on!”  I panicked.  He was getting paler by the minute.

  “What you did to my Hyungs, I need you to do that to me.”  He breathed out, I had to strain to here him but I managed to catch what he said.

  But what was I doing to his Hyungs?  I wasn’t doing anything was I?  Was it a bad thing?  Tao isn’t helping, I’m only more confused and upset the longer I see him like this.  I need him to tell me exactly what it is I have to do.  I’m panicking and that isn’t helping me at all right now, I can’t think straight with Tao in front of me like this.

  “The bond, I need that bond.”  I groaned as he curled in on himself.  A single tear slid from my eye as I watched him in pan on the ground.  So he wants me to kiss his Card, But I can’t do that until I kiss Lay and Kris’ first and I don’t have all my energy back.  I might get only to Kris’ Card before passing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter