123

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chen’s POV

  I didn’t sleep.  I couldn’t sleep as I sat at the foot of Sky’s bed watching her wince every time pain would lacerate her veins.  Every time her core shattered a little more let that raw energy attack her body.

  I tried to connect with her via our double bond but I hit a wall every time that blocked me from reaching her.  I couldn’t feel the pain she was going through and it worried me.  I have no way of knowing what she’s feeling, how much it hurts her, and how close she is to dying.

  Warriors are supposed to be able to feel when their Dealer is dying.  I’ve felt it before; I know what’s supposed to happen.  I’ve felt how that warning changed when the double bond we now have with her was formed, but I’m not getting anything.  I feel no pain; I’m not getting any warning that she’s dying.  And that truly scares me.

  I have no idea what is happening to her and what is going to happen to her.  It’s like I’m blind to this and I don’t like that one bit.

  Ever since I first met Sky I knew she was different.  She didn’t act like other Dealers, she had her own views about all of this and did things her way not the way that everyone else did.  She followed her own morals and thoughts, she would let her emotions rule her when they became too much, but she never lashed out to cause us harm on purpose.

  As time went on, and I saw who she was as a girl experiencing all of this for the first time not as the Dealer that holds my Card and my free will in her grasp, my feelings for her started to develop.  At first it was a blossoming friendship, but it soon became more than that.  She found her way into my heart and my feelings for her only slowly grew from there.

  Knowing my eleven other friends all love her like I do should bother me, but it doesn’t.  Sky’s a girl that seems almost impossible not to love when you get to know her like we have.  It understandable that all twelve of us have come to love her in the time we have known her and I find no fault in that.

  I brushed the few tears that still managed to fall from my eyes as I sat there.  “Any change Lay?”  I managed to whisper out so the other could hear me clearly.

  Tearing his gaze away from Sky’s face, Lay looked over at me and shook his head, “It’s only getting worse.  Every second that passes is destroying her core a little more.”  I looked down at the blanket beneath me with a sad smile; there really was nothing we could do.

  “Could we try an energy transfer from all of us?  All our strength would be part of it, wouldn’t that at least help?”  Sehun asked as he held her right hand that rested on his lap.

  Suho shook his head this time, “Transferring energy doesn’t work, we’ve already tried that.”

  “But your energy isn’t all that strong so how do you know it won’t work.”  Baekhyun shot back at the elder.

  “Because not even my energy did anything, that’s why we know it won’t work.”  Kris stated before he went back to staring off into space.

  The energy Kris had was the strongest out off all of us.  He didn’t let the energy within his body get tainted by anything, not his feelings or his thoughts.  The energy he could transfer was the closest to the pure raw energy that created our bonds and made us Warriors.

  If his energy was unable to help our Dealer than the combination of our energy probably wouldn’t be able to do anything.  Yet it was still worth a shot in the end right?  At least we would have tried something instead of just sitting here watching her suffer.

  “We have to try it anyways.”  I said as I looked around at my closest friends.  “We have to at least try it, maybe it could do something but we won’t know if we don’t at least try.”

  “Chen’s right, it’s worth a shot and if it doesn’t work we think of something else but we have to do something.”  Chanyeol added as he looked up from Sky’s pinched face.  “We have to do something, anything.  I just want her safe.  I want her alive.”

  “We all do, which is why we are going to try a transfer.”  Xiumin stated shooting a glare at Kris and Suho when they seemed about to retort.  “As eldest I’m telling you we are going to do this, no arguments.  Lay you will be the main conduit since we are trying to do this as a healing transfer.  Everyone grab hands, Lay holder her hand and let’s do this.”

  “Not a word Kris.  Not a ing word.”  Luhan growled at the mentioned with a dark glare.

  Kris shut his lips that were about the sprout out words that would go along the lines of how this had a high chance of not working, but none of us cared.  All that mattered was that we were at least doing something that might actually be able to help her, no matter how slim the chances may be.

  Sehun released his grip on Sky’s hand and placed it gently on the bed beside her as Lay reached out and caressed her hand that was now enveloped in his own.  He looked up and around at all of us, “Sky’s a mimic, no matter what is happening to her core she still has her Ability that gives her strength, a strength she shouldn’t have.  Noneth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter