9*

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N - a little suggested violence

 

  I didn’t learn much else from watching the rest of the fights, but there is always next time.  Key said that we were going to be working more on combination attacks and leaning control of our Warriors.  He also advised us to keep looking around campus for new Cards.  He told us there were an infinite number of Cards and that you only needed to do the task required to gain them and you would find them.

  Never told us what we had to do, so I don’t think he knows himself what these things are.  I was happy with my two Cards and if they were all I found I would have no problem with it, but I really wanted to gain at least one Card from each of the five Specialties.

  Finished with the day’s lessons I Summoned my Warriors and we began our way home.  They walked on either side of me, one step behind.  I wasn’t all that comfortable with this, but it seemed to make them feel better so I let them.  Opening the front gate and shutting it behind us I didn’t go up into the house, instead I made my way around the back to the spacious back yard.

  It was no wonder this place was the best on the campus.  The back was just as extravagant as the inside of the house.  Again I thank whoever decided I was worthy of such a place.  There was a pool and a patio area right outside the back door.  A maze garden not too far off but the bushes where so short it was useless to call it a maze, an open green space that looked like the size of the house itself.  Even an area with small circular stones haphazardly placed around but it still held beauty.  These stones were nice and polished and no bigger than my head – strange way to compare something to but it made sense looking at these.

  Walking over to the patio that had lots of siting room and a small glass toped table in the center.  Sitting in one of the chairs I waited for the other two to do the same as well.  Once they sat down they just looked at me, waiting to hear what I wanted to say.

  “I have some questions.”  I stated.

  “We kind of figured that, Sky.”  Chanyeol said, sounder cheerful.  “Ask away, but we probably don’t have all the answers, we are only Warriors.”

  “Try and answer to the best of what you know.”  I smiled before continuing, “Why do most Dealers only have one Specialty with all of their Cards?”  This was what was bothering me the most.

  “That one we do have an answer to.”  D.O replied nodding his head, “Dealer’s will normally collect Cards of the same Specialty because once a Dealer collects twelve Cards that all have the same Specialty it’s called having a Deck.  Once a Dealer owns a Deck they gain an Ability.  Abilities are basically like the Specialties that Cards possess, but it is a power that the Dealer has, it will always relate to what type of Deck the Dealer controls.”

  Ah, so they are all trying to gain this Ability.  Owning a Deck must make the Dealer and the Cards stronger.  But it also means that they are limited to the one Specialty and Ability that they possess.  “So, wouldn’t it then make more sense to own a Deck of each Specialty?”  I asked myself out loud, not realized I had until I got the Warriors response.

  “No!”  They shouted together.  I swear I heard fear in their voices but I must have heard wrong, because when I really looked at them they didn’t show any emotion.

  “Oh, okay.”  I mumbled so they could hear me.  “Guess that’s it for now.”

  They let out a breath I didn’t know they were holding and relaxed in their seats.  “Is there nothing else you want to know, Sky?”  Chanyeol asked.

  “All I want to know, really, is about your powers and what you can do.”  I said getting up. 

  The lighter topic they seemed to enjoy more.  Leading the way, I walked over to the green space and plopped myself down on the soft grass.  The two boys sitting side by side in front of me. 

  The sun was still high in the sky so we had a little while until we would need additional light to see what was going on around us.  And when that happened I was sure Chanyeol could tend to that.

  We didn’t have classes the next day so I was planning to stay up later and learn as much as I could.  “So what can you tell me?”  I asked not sure what to really ask them to find out what they could do.

  “Well, you already know some of what Chanyeol can do so I’ll go first and explain my Specialty to you.”  D.O said and I nodded for him to continue.  “As you already know, my Specialty is earth.  Like earlier during your class you saw how I can make chairs out of vines – I don’t really consider them vines though.  What those vines are, are the just roots of plants already in the ground and I manipulate and accelerate their growth so they imitate vines, and then move them.  It’s pretty basic being able to do that with vines and roots, almost all earth Specialty Cards can do it.”

  I nodded along as I listened to what he said, “So if that’s basic, what else can you do that isn’t so basic?”

  “More advanced techniques that a Warrior can learn over the years is to move the earth itself.  Like moving rocks and making boulders, sometimes even splitting the earth slightly. It’s very rare, but if a Card is very old and in a Deck of Cards close to the same age range, the ability to create mass amounts of earth to congregated in one area.  There are a few mountains around the world that were created by a Deck of earth Cards.  But this is rare and almost impossible to do, most Decks now would never be able to do anything on that scale.  Decks in this time will just amplify a Cards powers and Cards are always stronger in a Deck anyways.”

  That made sense, now that I had an idea of what D.O could do, fighting with him would be easier.  But to what extent did his powers go?  And what about Chanyeol?  He told me a broad range of what he could do, but what about the small things he knew how to do? I still had a lot to learn if I wanted to be able to do everything to its highest potential.

  The three of us spent the next few hours practicing different techniques and experimenting with what the two of them could do.  Having them work together was a little difficult since it seemed they weren’t sure what I was exactly trying to have them do, and I wasn’t even sure myself for that matter.

  But this was why we were doing this, so we could learn what was possible and if we just needed to try harder or think of new ways to do things.  A few of the techniques, like the one earlier today, we gave names to, instead of saying the whole commands out and risking the Dealer I was against hearing every move I made.  Using a term to refer to it made sure they didn’t know what was coming.  Even if I shouted it out, no one but my Warriors would understand it, plus if I combines it with anything else, it would never be able to be pinned down as the same move over again.  And I planned on changing the names of these over time as they changed and improved and other Dealers were able to figure them out.  I thought it was a pretty good idea and Chanyeol and D.O seem to agree as well.

  We finally called it a night after the sun had begun to set and we were getting tired from all the practice we were doing.  D.O made me a chair out of roots an hour ago and I was curled up on it as I watched them and gave my suggestions.  But I wanted to stretch and crawl into my bed for the night.  Continuing the rest of this tomorrow.

  We went over to the stones to rest and talk for a bit before we officially called it a night.  Balancing and sitting on the smooth polished stones was a little harder than I first expected, but I managed to figure it out pretty quickly.

  The three of us just watched as the sun set and the beautiful colors streak across the sky.  We chit-chatted every once in a while but we were mostly silent.  Once the sun was fully set

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter