105

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  “Sky.”  Tao exclaimed as he raced towards me as soon as I stepped through the front door.  Pushing Baekhyun and Chanyeol out of his way as he rushed towards Kris and I not caring that the two boys landed on the floor shoot the boy nasty glares.

  Kris grabbed onto the back of Tao’s collar as he tried to get passed the silent giant successfully stopping him from reaching me.  “No Tao.”  He said sternly with the face of his.  “Go change Sky before we talk.”

  “Yes Sir!”  I mock saluted as I scurried up the stairs and away from all the boys downstairs.

  I wasn’t looking forward to what was going to come next.  A simple outing to see my parents ended on multiple bad notes.  First off as soon as I was on the Academy property I get attacked by someone I can’t see and second I’m home with a group of easily upset Warriors with short fusses that found out I left without informing them.  Yeah I’m not really excited to see how they are going to react once I come downstairs.

  Stripping from my clothing and hanging them up nicely again I jumped into the shower.  Scrubbing my body clean I sighed as I enjoyed the warm water once again before shutting the cascading water off and stepping out of the stall.  Dying myself off I pulled on a pair of lightweight burgundy sweat pants and a large black hooded sweater.  Twisting my hair up in a bun I started walking out of my room and back down to where I presume I’m going to find Kris.

  Like I thought I found Kris along with Tao, Lay and Xiumin sitting in the living room in silence.  Not breaking the silence that filled the room I soundlessly made my way to one of the open chairs and sat down.  I looked at each the of the boys in the room, I watched the way they sat and the way they moved.  These seemed to be the only boys back on track and back to functionalizing normally once again from what I could tell.

  “Where did you go Sky?”  Lay finally asked breaking the silence and putting all the attention of himself.  Not long after his question was posed did the attention then focus on me, waiting to hear just what my reason was.

  “I went to see my parents.”  I told them in a calm voice.  I wasn’t scared about telling them what I did and where I went, the only thing that I was afraid of at the moment where their reaction on finding out I wasn’t here.  “I haven’t seen them since they dropped me off here.  Plus I can’t visit them during breaks because of their work so I jumped at the chance to see them.”

  “You should have told someone you were leaving Sky.”  Tao spoke tiredly as he relaxed into the couch.  “You had us all worried when we couldn’t find you.”

  “Just because we aren’t acting like the people you are used to and may be a little over dramatic, you still should have told one of us that you were leaving.”  Xiumin interjected, leaning forwards and resting his elbows on his knees.

  I blinked a few times.  I can understand where they are coming from.  If any one of them just vanished and I didn’t know where they were I would probably freak out.  But, can’t we feel each other through our bond?  They should have been able to know I was alright.  Couldn’t they?

  “I’m sorry, I didn’t think anyone would notice I was gone.”  I told them honestly.

  “It’s not that you went missing Sky.”  Kris said pulling my attention to him.  “I know that all of us have forgiven the fact that you left without telling us, what the main problem is, is that you blocked us from tracking you.”

  Now it’s my turn to be very confused.  “I never blocked anyone.”  I stated.  Not once did I ever put up more walls that I normally have.  If they were able to track me before I left then they should have been able to once I left since I did nothing differently.  “I have no idea what you are talking about.”

  “Just be honest and tell us Sky if you were trying to stop us from finding you.”  Tao sadly said as he looked at me.

  “I am being honest.  I would never try and stop you from being able to find me.”  I reiterated.

  “Then why did you suddenly disappear from our senses?”  Lay asked.  “You disappeared Sky.  No matter how hard to trace our bond with you we couldn’t feel you.  Our bond with you was there but it was like you had vanished.”

  “That can’t be possible.”  I breathed.

  “How so?”  Xiumin asked.

  I didn’t reply right away.  I found my core and fused with it looking at each of the bonds and trying to remember just what I did while I was out with my parents.  Twice while I was with them did I retreat to my core and let it’s warmth fill me.  I ran my hands along the twisted rope like bonds that floated and moved like ribbons in a light wind.

  The four boys in the room with me shivered letting out noiseless sighs.  That was the same thing I did with my parents, I let

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter