2*

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  I said my goodbyes to my parents and watched as they drove away.  I was left standing in front of the main entrance to the Academy alone.  They had a dinner to attend for work tonight, so they told me they wouldn't be able to acomapny me to my dorm.  

  The campus was enormous.  It was like seperate a gated city within the city it was located.  The whole campus was surrounded by tall concrete walls that kept the rest of the world out.  The only way in was the large metal gate that I now stood in front of. 

  Taking a deep breath, I made my way through the gate and onto the Academy’s property.  I looked around as I walked, there were green spaces with a few benches and lots of different roads that branched off this one.

  Now that I was inside I got a feeling of what this place really looked like.  And to be completely honest with myself, this place looked like an actual city.  A real city inside the campus of the Red Sky Academy.

  As I walked down the main road that led to the main campus building that the main hall was located where all the first years were going to meet, I couldn’t help but notice a few things.

  Down each of those branching roads were rows and rows of two-story houses and a few parks here and there.  I swear I even saw stores down one of them.  There were a few other students that were walking with me towards the main hall, as well as a fair number of cars – luxury ones – that drove past us.

  By the time I had reached main building, I had passed over twenty streets that were lined with houses and a few parks and forested areas.  This place was huge and I have only seen less that an eighth of it, I swear.

  Pulling my luggage up the stairs leading to the entrance, I panted when I got to the top.  I have done more walking just getting here then I have in a long time.  Walking inside I looked around, the place was packed with people.  All of them had suitcases or duffle bags in their hands, some were chatting with each other, and others were just looking around in awe.

  There was a small raised stage at the far end of the hall.  It seemed like the last of the new students came in a few minutes later when the doors to the hall were shut and a boy walked onto the stage.

  He was of average height and looks, but what made him stand out was his neon blue hair he had spiked all over his head.  It didn’t take long for him to have the attention of the whole room.  Everyone was silent as they looked at him.

  Giving a small smile he cleared his throat and spoke, “Welcome, First Years! I’m glad you all made it here on time.  My name is Erik Nam and I am the Student President here at Red Sky Academy.  I want to wish you all a successful year here and I hope you all learn a little bit more about yourselves.”

  His voice wasn’t being amplified in any way but it seemed to bounce off the walls.  He explained about some of the rules at the Academy and the different buildings on campus.  Since we are all first years we stay on the south side of campus mainly.  And from the way he explained the campus, I knew for a fact that it was a city in itself. 

  “Now.”  He said, gaining all our attention, “For the dorms on campus, we do things very differently here.  We don’t make you stay in tiny rooms with a roommate and no room to do anything.  Dorms here are not a giant apartment type of building.  At Red Sky, we know that each and every one of you needs your own place and that they can sometimes get crowded.

  “If you were paying attention as you made your way here, you would have seen all the beautiful houses that are inside the campus.  Those houses are your dorms.  Since there are very few of us, it i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter