95

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  “Thanks Tao you were a great help.”  I say hugging him in gratitude.

  Tao slowly and hesitantly wrapped his arms around my waist and hugged me back.  “Glad I could help.”  He slowly answered back.  “Cane we go to bed now?”

  I laughed good naturally as I pushed away from him, but we still held each other, “Yes, we can go to bed now.”

  Letting his arms fall, I followed his lead and let my arms go from around his neck my smile still in place.  Tao looked away seeming rather flustered for no reason before he headed back into the house and up to his room. The picture of Tao sitting in his bed shirtless came to my mind once again.

  Shaking my head I dispelled that thought as I myself made my way up to my room.  It was well past three in the morning now that I had figured everything out.  Now knowing just what was happening and why I was feeling so terrible after every attempt I felt as peace.  I haven’t tried teleporting again since I finished up with Tao, and I’m thinking of holding off until I can talk with Kai first.

  Kai should know that the way he explained it to me and the way I saw things happening, are two very different things.  The only things that match even slightly is when the black sheet bursts apart and fades away like smoke in the air.  That is the only thing I can see that is anything close to similar.

  The rest of it has nothing to do with it at all.  A second perspective and ideas on everything always seems to help bring out the best results.  Now to broche the topic with Kai and actually find out if he really does experience the same pain I do every time he tries to teleport.  Knowing Kai he will try to deny that anything is wrong at first.

  But this is all the deal with in the morning after getting sufficient rest.  For now I just need to sleep and stay healthy so I don’t worry the boys anymore.  Ruffling my hair I changed into my sleeping wear, which consisted of a par of seats and a black tank top. 

  Crawling into my giant bed I let my self drift off into the blank nothing of my mind.  I was going to sleep and I was going to sleep well, the world be damned.  No one was going to ruin my hours of blissful nothingness.

* * *

  I got five hours of sleep.  That’s all, and I am not happy about it.  I was up half the night and sick for most of it to my detest.  But finally a good outcome came out of it, yet I don’t get the time to fully recover.  While I may have figured out the real workings of it, that doesn’t mean I’m fully recovered from the previous times that didn’t work.

  The times that I did teleport yesterday I didn’t do it with enough protection to protect my body as I went.  Thus I was subjected to pain and discomfort because of this fact and I need time to fully recover from that.  I need more than a few hours to get back to how I was before I started teleporting around.

  But I wasn’t going to get that lovely sleep.  No, not with the noise those boys were making downstairs.  Sighing I got up and out of my very comfortable and warm bed to get changed for the day.  I’ve given up on attending classes until the day of the competition.  All my teachers still believe I’m getting over my back injury, and I’m doing a good job at making it rather believable when I’m around them.

  And since they all think I’m injured the only competition I can sign up for in the Warrior-versus-Warrior portion.  I’m not all that upset about it now anyway.  I can’t let anyone get hurt and I can’t expose who the boys are, so I’m very restricted on what I can do.  Maybe that’s a good thing right now, I need to get through my four years here then get out and bring all my secrets with me and put this all in the past.

  Once I’m out of here I can have a real life with the boys, my way.  I don’t have to follow these ridiculous rules that seem to govern everybody here, all these stupid rules that everyone follows.  We can have a real life until I die and they move on to new Dealers how will never give them the care I am.

  Finally leaving my room in a pair of black leggings and a large pale blue pull over I made my way downstairs to find out what was going on.  Their noise has once again woke me up and they better have a good reason for it.  Getting about half way down the stairs the thought wandered through my head, the thought asking myself why the heck I was walking around when I could just appear where ever I so pleased.

  I stopped and actually contemplated the thought of just teleporting around.  I still was trying to fully grasp it and control it properly.  Just because I now knew how it worked doesn’t mean I have full control of it right?  Figuring it would cause any major problems now I tapped into Kai’s bond once again and let it build around me.   It was really wired thinking that the black sheet like curtain wasn’t visible to me now like it had been the night before.

  No matter how long I left that part of the teleportation process to build up it never became visible to anyone unless time was slowed to a crawl. One would think you would be able to see it if you left it to build up long, but that didn’t seem to be the case.  One mystery I didn’t solve and probably never would anyway.

  Getting the movie like image on my head of the living room I stood there and watched for a moment as I pick my place to appear.  The boys were both sitting and standing around the room, Suho was pacing and Kris seemed to be restraining himself from joining Suho.

  Deciding on the open spot beside Baekhyun on the couch I let the snap echo in the stairwell I used to be in.  Now knowing what was happening I understood that slightly soft tingle that wrapped around me as I teleported and as the black sheet burst apart as I appeared.  Now, only a second later I found myself sitting next to a very startled Baekhyun.

  All eyes turned towards me as I sat there nonchalantly.  I smiled as all twelve pairs of eyes remained trained on me as I just sat there like nothing was wrong.  Nothing was wrong anyway.

  “Kai can I talk with you?”  I finally asked since no one seemed to bother making any comments any time soon.

  From across the room Kai cocked his head in curiosity, “What about?”

  “Let’s go out back and I’ll explain everything to you.”   Told him as I once again let the energy build up around me.  Lightly brushing my thumb against my index and middle fingers as if to snap them I let the surge of power wash over me.  Landing in the back yard by the pool fully upright as if nothing was wrong I waited for Kai to meet me.

  I didn’t have to wait all that long for him to appear beside me, the small burst of black mist fading away around him.  I didn’t let go of my connection with his bond just yet, I first wanted to make sure that I could explain this and get him to understand before I finished with his Specialty and moved on to Baekhyun’s.  What was important right now was getting Kai to understand what I managed to figure out.

  Now just to break it to him that he seemed to have his Specialty wrong all along.  This was sure to go really well.  I have to hope that he’s open to hearing new ideas.

  “You seem to have gotten better as teleporting.”  He commented as he took a seat on the chair across from me.

  “Yeah.”  I replied sheepishly, “That’s kind of why I wanted to talk with you?”

  He leaned forward resting his elbows on his knees, “What happened?”

  “Here’s the thing.”  I started slowly, “I figured out why I was getting pain every time I teleported.  And I need to know if you still hurt every time you teleport as well?”

  I think I hit a rather soft topic with him since his eyes glazed over and became distant.  He seemed to be thinking of the past, reliving it as he sat there in front on me.  “What has you asking about that?”  His voice void of any emotion as he uttered that one question.

  “Do you Kai?”  I asked once again.

  He laughed sadly, “How’d you figure that one out?  Not even the guys could figure it out for so long.  I thought I was hiding it pretty good.”

  I shut my eyes sadly as I winched a little hearing that.  S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter