51*

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Xiumin’s POV

  What Kris just told us was seemingly impossible.  Tao, gone?  As in actually gone?  I didn’t think it could be possible.  Tao knew how to fight and he had a Specialty that no one would want to lose.  And Dealers would love to be able to have his true power, so why is he gone?  What Dealer would get rid of Tao?

  We all protected Tao from as much as we could, same as we did with Sehun and Kai.  They’re the youngest and we would do everything to keep them safe from as much as we could.  But we lost one of them, and from what Kris told us, we are never going to get him back.

  There is nothing I can think of that will bring Tao back from what happened to him.  It’s no wonder Kris hasn’t said anything.  And it isn’t like I want to blame the guy, but I do.  He could have saved Tao and he didn’t.  Tao is gone and Kris did nothing to stop the Dealer that destroyed him.

  I don’t want to hate Kris, but how can I not?  After hearing what happened, I think all of us are a little mad at him.  I can now see why he didn’t want to say anything around the others.  Even just telling the three of us has made everything different.  We can’t keep this from the others, no matter how much we want to.  They have a right to know what happened to one of their own.

  It will be hard on them when they find out.  The smiles they have and the hope they have to be a group - a Deck - again, will be crushed.  There are only eleven of us now; our twelfth is dead, destroyed.

  I know we all had so much hope that Tao would show up soon and we would be together again for the first time in so long.  So then how were we supposed to tell the younger boys that it was never going to happen?  How could we tell them in a way that wouldn’t destroy all of them in turn?

  What would Sky think?  She doesn’t even know we can be a Deck.  We all have different Specialties so we can’t be a Deck, it isn’t possible.  But we are just as close to a Deck as she will even get, she has already Claimed us so making a Deck now isn’t really possible.  Will she claim a twelfth Card anyways or will she just keep the eleven of us?  What will she feel if she finds out the Card Kris has, has been destroyed? 

  Suho, Luhan and I didn’t believe him at first.  No one would believe him if he just said that his problem was the fact that Tao had been destroyed and it was his fault.  I didn’t let myself believe what he said, but he made his argument very real with only one move.  He was able to prove that what he told us was very real.  That was what put a stop to all of this.  We needed to talk more and we needed to have more privacy than being in this field.

  He may have proven to the three of us that Tao was gone, but we needed the whole story to even begin to fully understand what happened to Tao.  The evidence fully proved what Kris was telling us, but before we can even think about how to tell the others and how to deal with this situation we needed the full story.

  I don’t think any of us were ready to hear what we did back in the forest.  None of expected that to be the reason Kris was so drawn back and cold.  It came as a shock to me that Tao was the reason for Kris to be like this.  Sure, Kris had given in to this life like we had, but I knew it wouldn’t have caused him to act like this. 

  Kris and Tao were always close.  If Tao had a problem he would always go to Kris first before telling any of us.  Tao looked up to Kris.  In turn, Kris cared for Tao; he was closer to Tao than the rest of us.  Just like Baekhyun and Chanyeol, pulling them apart was harder than you might think.  Tao would never let Kris voluntarily leave him, he always had a say and Kris would usually listen to him.

  It mostly had to do with the fact that Tao knew Kris’ one weakness and would use it to his advantage as much as he could.  Tao manipulated Kris and the elder was fully aware of it but never stopped him.  So having the boy he was so close to be destroyed in front of him did more than even Kris would admit.

  Luhan, Suho and I are still trying to process what the heck we saw.  How it could even be possible.  If it were up to me I would never show the younger boys how we knew Tao was gone and he wasn’t coming back.  Knowing Tao was gone and seeing it first had were two very different things, and they really didn’t need to have this on their conscience.  They didn’t have to have this image stuck in their heads to always remember.

  Suho made the best choice to get us back to the house so the four of us could discuss this further before we decided what to do.  We have to figure out what we are going to do about this and what we will tell the others.  If we should say anything to Sky or not.  She has already asked about the Card Kris carries, so will she be able to take the real story that goes with it?

  There are so many things we have to figure out.  So many unanswered questions,  so much we don’t know.  Nothing is going smoothly right now.  First we have Kris telling us something that is hard to even comprehend.  And then there’s Sky.  No matter how much she tries to hide it from me, I know.  I know she is trying to find a way to fight Warriors.  She thinks she’s given up, but the training says the opposite.  She wants to fight and no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter