96

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  The two of us ended up in the library.  Baekhyun was still looking puzzled and conflicted as he watched me from the place he was beside me.  Our hands still in each other’s since neither of us were paying much attention to it.  I locked eyes with him and could see the questions swimming, just wanting to come out and get answers.

  I sighed, “What is it?”  I asked him.  It was best to just let him express his questions now so they don’t get in the way later.  I know he won’t be able to focus until he gets it out of his system, and I kind of need him focused right now.

  He didn’t say anything though, he just looked at me, watched my expressions.  He stood there in thought before he asked what he wanted to know.  But unlike what I first thought, he didn’t ask anything, just shook his head and moved away from me, hand slipping from mine.

  “Nothing Sky, let’s just focus on this for now.  We can do twenty questions later.”  He told he as he looked around the place.  “We aren’t going to do anything crazy to start with.”

  “Okay?”  I hesitantly almost question.  I connected with Baekhyun’s bond and just looked around the room.  A little like with Chen, things look a little different then when I look around at everything without my Ability.

  While Chen’s was breathtaking, Baekhyun’s was almost as so but it was also rather creepy.  Light, it wasn’t something you would think all that much into, but it has an element to it what just isn’t like what you might expect.

  “Light isn’t fixed.” Baekhyun told me as his eyes flitted between all the lights currently on in the room.  “While you can look at each light and it stays in place, it isn’t actually the case as you seemed to have figured out.  It’s going to take a little time to be able to adjust to seeing it all the time but it should be all to long.”

  He went over to his by one of the windows, “Come look outside, sun light is so much different that artificial light.  Sun light is stronger so you will have a little harder differencing everything at first, so take your time then describe it all to me.  You have to be able to understand it yourself if you want to be able to do anything with it.”

  I started to make my way over to him, “Is there a difference between when there are clouds and when there aren’t?”

  “Yeah, a very big difference, but you treat it the same anyway.  I’ll get into that later, for now just observe.”

  I stopped beside Baekhyun and had to shield my eyes before looking directly out into the backyard.  He was right; it was different from my lights inside, brighter and just pulsing with energy.  Sunlight is a little worse with Baekhyun’s Specialty but as I let myself adjust to it, it didn’t seem so bad.  It actually became even more beautiful.

  Seeing the world in a whole new light is really quite strange.  The amount of light that exists all around us is quite amazing and being able to see it is truly mind-blowing.  I never actually would have thought light did so many things other than just provide light for us to see.  I never thought it would be fluid and move the way it does.

  “Tell me what you see Sky.”  Baekhyun pulled me out of my thoughts.

  “The light,” I began “Each sun ray is like a glowing beam that doesn’t hid the scenery behind it, it just highlights the world in color.  Everything glows from the way it reflects the light.  I can see the way the light wavers and shifts as it continuously flows.”

  “Good, now look back that the light given off my the lights in the library.  Compare the two for me now” Baekhyun instructed me.

  Turning away from the outside I looked back at the room and it didn’t take me long to see the difference.  While the light from outside had the small tint of color from the rainbow, the lite inside was all white, it had no color at all.

  “Is it supposed to be so bleak?”  I asked him as I opted to look back at the pretty colors outside.  Who wouldn’t prefer to look at the tinted hues of color falling from the sky, then look at the white, boring rays from the lights inside.

  “It’s manufactured, fake light, it has no personality to it.  Whether it’s a simple white light bulb or some funny colored one it will always produce rays of white light even though it does not shine that color.”  Baekhyun explain.  “Stop looking outside, and go stand over by that shelf.”

  “But I can’t see outside then.”  I whined.  I liked looking at the world in these new colors.

  “That’s the point of going over there.  We aren’t going to do anything with what you see outside, at least not yet alright.”  Baekhyun told me as he turned me away form the window and gave me a slight push towards where he waned me to go.

  Listening to him I stood by the book self and looked at the plain white rays of light around the room.  From the windows a few of those colorful rays came in and landed where the sun came through but the harsh white lights blinded most of it out.

  “Light is just as easy as it is complex.  It comes in many forms for many sources, but I categorize it into two categories, natural and artificial.”  Baekhyun began explain as he motioned that I could sit and listen.  “Artificial is anything that the humans made; any light bulb or chemically induced light that isn’t otherwise made in nature.  If it doesn’t produce light on it’s own its artificial and will only give off this white light.  Natural on the other hand, is anything that humans never made, the sun as one every good example.  Little organisms that glow in the dark and my favorite are the light from fireflies.  Those little bugs somehow make the more beautiful gold light; it almost seems like liquid gold moving through the air.”

  “What about fire?”  I ask him when he didn’t mention it.

  He rolled his eyes,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter