126

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Xiumin’s POV

  All of us are on edge, each of us worried and scared for what is going to come.  None of us have much of a clue about what is happening to Sky other than Lay who claims to have been within Sky’s core.  Our barriers against ourselves are gone and we have no way to control that piece of us.

  I can already feel that part of me begging for escape.  Pushing against my will and wanting release to reign in my conscious as it rightfully should, but I push it back, fought it down and pulled my emotions as far away from it as I could.

  The way I act is icy and frigid.  Uncaring and rude.  I have no qualms doing whatever it is I have to do to get what I want or to put my point across.  My emotions are harsh and only serve to freeze those around me who aggravate me.

  I’m not the worst of us, far from it, but I’m just as dangerous when angered and upset.  We are all capable of very unforgiving things, things none of us are proud of and regret to this day when we don’t acknowledge how we once were, yet still are.

  If we can’t control ourselves than we cannot protect and serve our Dealer.  If we loose ourselves once again, just being here with Sky whilst she needs us might prove difficult and dangerous.  Putting her at risk, if any of us caused her harm, if anything happened to her it would destroy all of us.

  Sky is our main priority we can’t ever forget that.  We can’t ever let anything hinder us from protecting, and caring for our Dealer.  We lose her and we’ll destroy ourselves over it for the rest of our existence.

  I worry for the boys that don’t have the best control upon their personalities, I worry they might lose themselves when they need the proper clarity in their minds.  I’m troubled that any or all of us will lash out and hurt each other, that we will become who we once were, and that we run the risk of destroying ourselves all over again.

  The youngest may find it hard to fight the overpowering force wanting to take control.  The four eldest, I can see us being able to suppress it until something triggers us and allow the wave of harmful emotions to drown us.

  Right now freedom is the worst thing for us.  And without Sky here to control us if we get out of hand, without her to remind us that it’s her we have to put first, I fear we may become the monsters we swore to never be again.

  “Lay, go cool down for a bit.”  Sehun advised.  “Sit in the corner if you don’t want to leave the room, but cool off before you do anything else.”

  I went closer to Sky and brush my hand over her cheek feeling the soothing warmth fix with the coolness of my skin.  Wake up Sky, please.  Don’t let us turn into those beings again.  Save us Sky, I beg you.  Save us.  I was pulled from my thoughts when a rough vibration sounded from behind me.

  Looking over my shoulder I spotted her cell phone buzzing on the night table.  Reaching over I picked up the device and looked at the blinking message icon.  Curiosity getting the best of me I tapped the icon and watched the messaging app open up and the typed message appear on the screen.

  “Meet us at the café two blocks south of the Academy in an hour. Can’t wait to see you again Sky.  ~Zelo.”  I read the message to myself so the others couldn’t hear.

  I furrowed my eyebrows as I reread the message a few times over.  I’ve never heard her mention the name signing the message and she never mentioned she had to meet anyone any time soon.  She’d been focusing on the competition and hasn’t spoken with anyone recently other than us.

  I looked up at the name that would indicate the contact it came from, but it was only a series of numbers.  She didn’t have this person within her contacts, yet they were setting up a time to meet as if it were prearranged.

  I looked up from the electronic device and around at my brothers gaining their attention.  “I don’t want to add a new problem into the mix, but Sky’s supposed to meet someone today.”  I put out into the now silent room.

  “What?”  Kai asked astonished.

  “Why would she have to meet anyone?  She doesn’t know any one around the campus close enough to have too meet with them.”  Baekhyun stated as Suho and Chanyeol came over to me.

  Chanyeol snatched the phone from my grasp and read the message before tossing it to the elder.  “Whoever this person is, they know Sky and she must know them in some way.”

  “Well it isn’t like she’s going to meet him anyway.”  Sehun muttered.

  “Luhan, Tao.”  Suho called the two.  “The both of you are going to go and learn the identity of this person.  We need to know at least who it is, I’m not so trusting of this if Sky never gave us any word about it.”

  “Are you sure that’s such a good idea Suho?”  I asked skeptically.  We really shouldn’t be wondering off for a few different reasons.  One would be that if a Dealer finds out we are Warriors walking around without our Dealer it’s going to cause some problems, both for us and Sky.  Another would clearly be that Sky is comatose and dying right now and we have no idea when everything is going to end, none of us want to leave her alone right now.

  Personally I don’t think we should even bother with that message right now.  Sky’s care is more important, not going looking for whomever it is that she’s meeting with.  All of us are a little unsta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter