137

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  “Sky Rouge and Min Kisun.”  The second year combat teacher called from the raised platform in the middle of their field.  I took my spot at the end of the field and looked up at the platform.  My cousins and their friends all found a place to sit up there as they looked down at the two of us.

  “Move to your markers.”  She called out once again.  I took even steps towards the center of the field and stood on.  “Commence.”

  I observed the blond haired, green eyed girl facing me.  Her hair pulled into a tight ponytail; eyes rimmed in dark kohl, black boots reached her knees with black lace patterned tights on under red skintight shorts.  Black and red stripped top hugged her curves.

  She was not in any of my classes, although I have seen her walking around campus with a few of the girls I did have class with.  I don’t know her fighting style or ability like I do of all of those in my class.  I have yet to see her fight against another opponent or train.

  She crouched slightly, hands loosely closed, held up in front of her face.  Her footing firm and controlled as she observed me.  I stayed standing comfortably as I watched her.  I was ready when she was, but this wasn’t going to be an easy fight, not like the ones ious.

  “You seem so sure of yourself.”  Kisun scoffed, “I heard you’ve missed most of your classes, but your training is still rather good.  Have you begged your instructor to give you private lessons?  What did you offer him?”

  I let out and airy laugh, “Taunting me isn’t going to do anything, muffin.”

  “You’re done.”  She growled before she lunged at me.  Bringing my right arm up I blocked her punch aimed at my shoulder.  Grabbing her wrist I pulled it behind her back, twisting it painfully.

  Getting out of my hold she dropped to the ground and knocked my legs out from under me.  My breath was knocked out of me as my back slammed into the solid ground.  Groaning I flipped up, swinging my leg around in the process to slam into her side.

  Stumbling back she gripped her lower rib cage as she glared at me.  Releasing her ribs she rushed at me.  Aiming for my face I dodged to the side to avoid her fist before she lunged again to do the same move.

  Going on offence, I raised my arms to block her attacks, grabbing her fits or legs when I could and shoving them away making her lose balance a time or two.  Dropping down I tried to kick her legs out from under her, but she jumped over my leg and slammed the heel of her palm into my temple.  I hit the ground with a pained gasp, trying to push myself up again before she got too close to me once again.

  I tried to stay focused, but with the blunt force trauma to my head and my thoughts running havoc, my focus just seemed to slip away.  I could see what was going on around me, I heard what was happening, I even participated in it, but my mind was elsewhere.

  I fought back when I could, blocked as much as I could, but her fists still managed to hit me.  Her kicks solid and strong as they crashed into my body.

  My mind began to drift to what my cousins told me, what my Warriors told me, everything I learned.  My Warriors had a terrible past, did horrible things and have to suffer because of it.  I have no idea exactly what they are capable of doing and to what extent they would go to do it.

  My cousins then come to explain more to me so I know what is going on and what is happening to me and to learn more about my Warriors.  I don’t get much of that; all I get is learning I was lied to by them.  The three boys that stood by me in the hardest times, the ones who were there when I needed someone to listen to me.  The boys that helped me stand up for myself and teach me so much.

  My parents kept a part of my life, of who I am, a part of my blood from me.  I’ve been a Dealer since I was born, but they never told me, they made my cousins lie to me and make sure I never found out.  Even when they knew I was coming to the Academy they said nothing.  When I met them, they knew what I was learning but never let on about it.

  It makes me rethink my life.  Was all of it a lie?  How much of my family life was real?  I know that the bond and feelings I have for my parents and what they have for me are real and won’t change, but what about what they told me.  What I know of my family is all screwed up and wrong and what they have told me about them isn’t all correct.

  Were my parents the reason that when I tried to look into my family, learn who I was related to other then my parents and my cousins, I couldn’t find anything?  The reason I have never seem to have met my aunts or uncles?  I haven’t even met my Dad’s older brother, the father of Yongguk, Youngjae and Zelo.

  Even since I was a child I have never had a problem with not meeting them, I didn’t really think about it.  I had all I needed with my parents always there supporting me, having my cousins with me for the time I did.  I was fine with my small close nit family, but it didn’t have to be that way.

  Had I known about all of this, I would have probably met my extended family.  I might not have been left alone; my cousins might not have been ripped away from me when I needed them more than anything else.

  Why?

  That’s what I want to know.  I want to know why I wasn’t told, why I was lied to for eighteen years.  Why I was shoved into this world without any knowledge of its existence, forced to assimilate and adjust to the changes in my life because of this.

  Why did this happen this way?  Why is my life like this?

  I hissed when Kisun’s foot hit my right temple.  Head whipping from the force I spun a hundred and eighty dregs before tumbling on the ground.  “.”  I huffed as I looked over at her smirking face three meters from me.

  She crouched down and watched me.  “You’re rather pathetic, can’t even put up a decent fight.”

  My breathing heavy, I tried to suppress the black spots floating in my vision and the cloud that was trying to take over my mind.  My skull pulsed in pain to the beat of my heart.  I curled my hands into fits in both anger and frustration.

  I knew the hazards of becoming distracted and unfocused in a fight, yet I still allowed my mind to wander and drift which I engaged my opponent.  I never let myself get as distracted as I have today, my mental control has never slipped so much and I won’t let it affect me any longer.

  I glared at my opponent as I steadied my breathing, my mind clearing slowly as time passed.  I shifted my legs so they weren’t haphazardly bent and aching from the strain on the muscles.

  “Giving up already?”  Kisun mocked.  “Guess you aren’t as strong as you make yourself out to be.”  I clenched my fists tighter as I watched her stand tall and strut towards me.  “Game over, .”

  Her boot landed in my side sending me rolling onto my back.  That was going to bruise, just like all the other hits she landed on me would.  Scoffing she turned her back on me and walked away.

  “Match!”  The instructor called.  Cheers came from the stands from Min Kisun’s friends and the students that wanted to see me lose.

  Gritting my teeth I growled.  “I’m not done.  This isn’t over yet.”

  “Learn when to give up.”  Kisun sneered as she met up with her friends.  “The fights over.”

  Not yet it’s not.  My shook me head at the twelve boys who where about to come over.  This isn’t over.  I looked up at the platform and met eyes with Youngjae.  “I’m not done, I can still fight.”  I mouthed to him.

  I saw the small nod from him as he leaned over and spoke into Yongguk’s ear.  I could see the gummy smile grown on his face before he laughed loud enough for me to hear him, and I was sure other spectators did as well.

  “Even the Royal’s think you’re a pathetic piece of trash.”  Kisun’s voice drifted to me as she walked past with the group of first years.

  “Return to your marks!”  Yongguk’s voice boomed through the field.  “Clear the arena, for the fighters.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter