111

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  Tao chuckled, “Let’s go out back and train then shall we?  Somewhere quite where we can’t affect any of the other Warriors in this house.”

  I laughed and looped my arm through the one he extended for me.  “We shall.”

  The two of us laughed as we made our way out of the house.  For once I finally feel close to Tao.  We can talk, laugh and have fun without Kris stepping in and pulling him away from me.  I can get close to him and get to know him without being stopped from doing so.

  “Well let’s get started then.”  Tao helped me to the ground and sat beside me, “Once you connect with me and you will see things a little bit differently but it won’t be all that bad.  You might not even notice anything right away and that’s fine, I’ll show you how to pick up on the things I need you to see.”

  “Okay, sounds good.”  I replied as I looked back towards the house.  Squinting my eyes I spotted Kris and Suho leaning on the brick railing of the roof looking down at Tao and I.  Smiling I waved up at them hoping they would notice me.

  Suho waved back slightly, but Kris just stood there like I first thought he would.  One kiss isn’t going to change a thing in that boy and I’m well aware of that and he is making sure I can’t forget.  My smile faded as I thought about how different Kris could act from one second to the next.

  I sighed heavily.  “Are you alright Sky?”  Tao came over to me an instant after hearing me. 

  “I’m fine, just some unwanted thoughts is all.”  I reassured him as I looked away from the two boys on the roof.  I need to stay focused on learning from Tao and pushing everything else to the side.

  Pulling away into my core I found my last and final bond I needed to learn to control.  Grasping Tao’s bond I focused outside of my core and to what Tao is going to teach me.  From what I’ve heard from the boy this is the hardest one to learn, I don’t know if it’s true since Tao never said anything. 

  I looked around the yard to see if anything changed like Tao said it would, but I couldn’t spot anything different.  The pond still rippled in the wind and trees swayed slightly.  Tao still sat before me and the sun still shown around us.  Everything still looked the same.

  “I know you don’t notice anything.”  Tao said as he watched me look around the yard.  “I didn’t at first either so don’t stress about it.  I’ll start explaining how this all works once you can see this small little detail, because everything I do works with that.”

  He pointed over at the tree not far from the pool.  “Tell me what you see.  Explain to me what you see when you look in that direction.”

  I looked where he pointed, but it was the same as always.  “A tree in full bloom with leaves and flowers.  A birds nest two thirds of the way up.  The pool is still there and the water is calm and still.  What’s the point of this?”

  Tao chuckled.  “Don’t look at what’s there.  Don’t look at the things that exist, just look.  If its easier look above the tree at the expanse of sky that never ends.  Look but look past all of that.”

  Listing to him I looked just above the top of the tree at the sky.  The clouds slowly floated along the red backdrop, and the sun cast it’s warm glow down on us.  Taking a slow breath I tried to look past what I could actually see without losing focus of what was already there.  I just looked out into the vast sky at nothing in particular.

  Tao remained silent by my side.  He sat there and leaned back against the palms on his hands waiting for me.  He didn’t make any noise and rarely moved to not break my concentration.

  For a moment I thought I might have been tapped into Baekhyun’s bond by mistake.  But when I checked I knew it was Tao’s I was holding on to, there was no mistake about that.

  Yet the two sights are very similar.

  With Baekhyun it is rays of light I see, each flowing and moving towards the earth.  With Tao it’s rapidly moving translucent wavelengths.  Each vibrating at the same rapid speed as they reached out into the sky from every thing on earth.

  From the trees, the grass, the birds that flew in the sky, from the clouds that moved along, and from the two Warriors standing on the roof.  These waves came from everything and all moved at the same time in the same outwards stretch.

  I blinked as I saw all the translucent waves around Tao and I straighten out and not vibrate.  They moved in straight lines this time before starting to vibrate once again.  The waves that came from Suho and Kris still continued to vibrate and move in that wave like fashion while every other one ceased vibrating.

  “Those are time waves.”  Tao spoke bring my focus to him.  He didn’t have those waves moving from him.  “When time flows as it should it will vibrate and create those wavelengths you see from all thing that exist at that speed.  That is the speed of time and it will not change unless something tampers with it.”

  He ran his hand in front of him but nothing happened when it sliced through the string like waves before us.  His hand slid through them like nothing was there.  “There are not tangible, they simply exist for the two of us to see.  It is only something to see not touch, simple as that.”

  He looked me in the eyes, “I will never have these waves coming from me, and neither will you while connected to my bond.  We defy time like this.  Although you will still age as an effect of time on your body, you will not be affected by time stopping or slowing you will never be affected by the tampering of time.”

  I nodded as I watched the hair thin strings fill the space around us.  They didn’t obstruct my vision they were simply there.  “How is it that Warriors do not age and die like humans do?”  I asked him.

  Tao smiled, “Of course you would want to know that.  Immortality is a strange thing with many mysteries.  In the aspect of time, as how immortality is defined, one ceases to age and lives forever.  Time does affect an immortal internally it simply flows around them.”

  He sighed as he watched me, “Time affect humans both in an internal state causing them to age and wither away and externally as the move along with it over the seconds, days, months and years.  It’s why when time is slowed it does not affect them as it does to Warriors.  When slowing time like I did before, in humans and Dealers I was slowing both their internal and external time.  I can only slow the exterior time for Warriors because they have to internal time to affect thus time shock occurs.”

  He continued, “Like you were told, a Warrior’s body has to adjust to the change in the flow of time which is unlike what happens when you carry and internal time.  I can change the internal time at the same time changing the external time, thus no problems arise.  When no internal time is present things get tricky with slowing time.  Stopping it is something entirely different though.”

  “Makes sense.”  I replied as I processed everything he told me.  At least that explained better what happened to the boys just recently.  Also explained why they do not age and why immortality is impossible to obtain.  I don’t see how one can go about stopping time within themselves, just isn’t possible.

  “Time, it’s a fickle thing.  It flows, forwards, backwar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter