160

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“L, I need you to calm down.” I hushed. “Please, L, I can’t piece anything together if you don’t calm down.”

For the past half hour since we came to this room he’s been searching through every box of papers, pulling some out and placing them in a separate pile. His thoughts became more erratic, and it became easier and easier to see his fear and panic.

“L!” I shouted to get his attention. “Sit down and talk to me for a minute.”

“This can’t happen.” He shouted at himself in his head. “I can’t be blamed for something like this again. I’ll be put to death.”

“What the hell have you done in the past that will get you killed?” I finally bust in outrage at his frantic actions.

L froze where he stood on the other side of the boardroom, staring down at the paper in front of him. He slowly looked up at me with wide, terrified eyes. “How do you know about that?” His voice was weak and came out chocked.

I put my hand on the table and leaned towards him. “Telepathy. Another secret you should know, I possess the EXO deck and mimic all their unique Specialties.”

“What exactly can you do?” He asked, trying to change the subject of his discomfort.

“If I tell you, can you be honest and open with me about everything, L?” I asked back. “I can’t do anything about what is going on if you don’t help me as well.”

I watched him debate with himself before he came back to sit in the chair I pulled up for him earlier. “If you tell me, I’ll tell you my story as well.”

“I’m sure you’ve heard of the EXO Deck.” I began.

L nodded, “Every Dealer probably has.”

“They have been widely known as a myth, and only stories of them have been passed down through the years. While they don’t appear as a Deck, they have been individually Claimed by Dealers over the years, and some Dealers have know of their true origins. But they don’t have access to the mythical Specialties on their own.” I gave L some background he probably didn’t have.

I smiled slowly. “I’ve had the EXO deck appear to me as a child, but my parents hid them from me so I wouldn’t know about this world until I was older. Once I arrived here at the Academy they, once again, began to one-by-one cross my path again and I was soon able to put their entire Deck together and unlock the full Abilities of the Deck.”

I took a break to pull the case from my side out to caress softly. “We learned I was a Mimic and in turn was able to match each of their unique Specialties myself. The twelve Specialties that the EXO Deck commands are fire, any liquid substance, earth and increased physical strength.”

L cut me off in realization. “That’s why your muscle strength is far beyond any Warrior!”

“In part.” I corrected him. “Even before I had my Ability I was able to match my Warriors in strength, before my one Warrior gained his massive increase after being unlocked. I was still able to cause injury to myself as easily as before, but I was far stronger than the average person.”

“Wow, I didn’t know that was possible for a human.” L commented awestruck.

“Neither did I until I actually did it.” I concurred. “Anyways, as I was telling you, what they can do also includes any gaseous substance, telekinesis and telepathy. Those first ones fit into the main five Specialties, the others not so much. One of them commands lightning and electricity, another ice. The rest are teleportation, as you experienced before, light, and the ability to fly. The final two are the ability to heal and inflict injury and illness and time control.”

I took a breath after finishing the list of what my Warriors could do, and I in turn am capable of doing. L hummed to himself, “That’s quite a bit you can do.” He mumbled to himself. “By far the strongest Dealer to have ever existed.”

“So that is the basic jist of everything I can do.” I finally said after a few minutes of silence. “Now it’s your turn to tell me your story.”

L sunk into his chair and looked down at his feet. His shoulders slumped and her let out a troubled sigh. “My family has hid our past for years now. My brother swore to us that it would never happen again. He would never again break the law.”

“But he has broken the law, L.” I reminded him. “He already broke his word.”

L nodded but kept his head

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter