25*

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  I wasn’t expecting Baekhyun to be at the house when I returned.  He obviously didn’t want to be there, so why should I stop him from leaving if that’s what he wants.  So it was a little of a shock to find him waiting for me on my front porch.

  “We need to talk.”  Was the first thing he said to me.  No ‘Hi, how was your day?’.  He opened the door to let me in before leading me to the living room.

  “What about?”  I asked, puzzled as I set my Cards on the table.

  “This.”  He said as he held his Card up to show me.

  I squished my eyebrows, “What about your Card?”

  He sighed and put his Card on the table beside the case that held the rest of my Cards.  “Why did you give this to me?   I could have taken my Card and left.  Do you have any idea what giving a Warrior their Card means?”

  I leaned back in my chair, “I’m going to assume that giving a Warrior their Card is basically setting the free to do as they please.”

  “That’s pretty much it, but it doesn’t get rid of the bond.”  He continued to explain.  “A Warrior freed this way has two options, live a normal life for as long as they can, or hide in their Card to escape the pain of the Dealer dying.  But why did you give it to me, are you that willing to lose me so soon after finding me?”

  I shook my head, “It’s not that I want to lose you, Baekhyun, you seem really nice under that tough exterior that you keep showing.  Did I want you to take your Card and run?  No.  But, I’m not going to force any of my Warriors to stay if they don’t want to, had any of the others asked to leave, or ever ask to leave, I’ll let them go.  It may break my heart a little that I lose some of the people closest to me, but I will not make them stay against their will.  If their happiness means I have to suffer a little for it, then so be it.”

  As he listened to me he could hear the truth and emotion I was showing him.  I think he came to understand why I do the things I do.  It isn’t what any of them are used to, but it will always be for their benefit before my own.

  Baekhyun looked down at the floor, “Sorry for the way I acted this morning, I guess I just assumed to much.”

  “Everyone is entitled to having moments like those, so you don’t need to apologize.  Lets at least try to get along, okay?”  I flashed him a bright smile.

  Smiling back so his eyes became little crescent moons he picked his Card up, “Will you accept my Card for the second time?”

  “Of course.”  I said and took his Card that he held out for me to take.  “Tell me if you ever want it back again.”

  “I don’t think a time like that will ever come.”  He said softly.

  I slipped the other Cards out and gave each of them a soft kiss before the other seven were standing around the room.

  They all took seats, “Why were we in our Cards all day, Sky?”  D.O asked as he sat beside me.

  I groaned, “They are having us do physical combat, and everyone is at it.  It’s so stupid!  And now because they have no idea what is going on, I have to participate in basic level training.”

  “Did you get hurt at all?”  Suho asked from across the coffee table.

  “Maybe you shouldn’t be participating in these classes, you could get really hurt.”  Kai spoke up from the seat on my other side.

  I scoffed, “The only people getting hurt are the other Dealers.  I’ll be fine guys, don’t worry about me, all right.  And since we aren’t using our Cards at all I’m only going to take two of you with me everyday.”

  The all cast glances between themselves, “Is that really a good idea?”

  “Yes, we will rotate everyday.  At least I’m not proposing to leave all of you here.”  I replied as I yawned.

  “She has a point.”  Baekhyun spoke as he leaned forward, resting his forearms on his knees.

  “I still don’t like it.”  Luhan softly put in, “But it’s your choice.”

  “Can I come tomorrow?”  Sehun said as he blinked innocently over at me.

  “Sure, Sehunnie.  Who else is coming tomorrow?”  I looked around at the rest of them.

  “I will.”  Kai volunteered.

  “Awesome.  Now that that is settled lets get some food and watch a movie for the rest of the night.”

 

Baekhyun’s POV

  Sky had fallen asleep not long ago.  She had her head resting on D.O’s lap and her feet curled up on Suho.  She looked so peaceful as she lay there, not a care in the world as she drifted through her dreams.

  I had been watching all of their interactions with her as the night went on after our talk.  Chanyeol, D.O, Sehun, Kai and Chen all attached themselves to her and treated her like family.  Suho was more reserved around her, but he actually showed feelings and cared for her deeply.  I hadn’t seen Suho like this in such a long time.

  Luhan, oh my, had Luhan changed.  He was the second oldest and had actually been one of the first to give in to this, Kris, Suho and Xiumin all followed after him soon after.  I don’t know what Sky could have done to change him so much.  H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter