130

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Happy New Year Everyone!

 

Chanyeol’s POV

  I sat in the edge of Sky’s bed, brushing my hand through her hair in rhythmic .  Looking down as her pale, expressionless face brought a sad smile to my face.  I knew she wouldn’t want me to lose my smile, she always seemed to enjoy when I could brightly smile when anything happened, and if she ever woke up I want her to see my smile still painted on my lips.

  I want her to wake up and be fine to I have a reason to really smile, to genuinely give her a real smile that conveys just what I feel for her.  I want to tell her what I feel, I want her to know that I love her; I want to show her I love her.  I don’t ever want to loose her; I don’t ever want to go through this again.

  Being around her, just having her presence near me was enough to calm the burning anger inside of me that wanted to take the life of the Warrior outside painfully.  Just seeing her was able to sooth those feelings before they fizzled into nothing.

  “Can you hear me Sky?”  I spoke into the silence around us.  “I wish you were here, awake, talking to us, joking with us and scolding us.  I want to see your eyes as they light up with laugher, anger and frustration, with excitement.  I want to be able to hold you in my arms and feel you wrap me in your warm embrace that can extinguish my hottest flare of emotion.”

  I ran my finger across her cheek, “I need you with me.  I never realized how much your presence and life meant to me until this happened.  I’m sorry I wasn’t there for you more and I never told you how I felt.  I just didn’t know how.”

  A single tear slid down my cheek leaving a wet trail.  It’s been so long since feelings like these have filled me, since I’ve had to understand and act on them that I don’t really know what to do.  My life has been about following orders without comment, pleasing whoever owned me and just surviving.  But with Sky it’s different, I’m allowed to do what I want, speak what’s on my mind and I have the freedom to let these feelings within me burn and ignite.

  I don’t know how to completely express myself and tell her about it.  But I know, within me, that if she isn’t part of my life I will never be whole, I’ll never be in control.  I won’t smile, I won’t laugh, I’ll return to how I once was. 

  Sky is the only one who can control the raging flame inside of me because I can no longer do it alone.  She’s my anchor; she’s my light and the owner of my heart. 

  “Without you here to make sure we don’t step out of line, all of us have allowed our dark personalities to show, to control us.  We’ve done things you would not like very much, I’ve done things you might hate me for, but please know that we are only doing this to keep you safe. We don’t want to loose you.”  I chocked out past the sobs that were trying to escape.  I wasn’t going to break and let my emotions control me.  I had to stay smiling, stay happy so Sky would be proud of me.

  “Please don’t hate us when you learn what we have done.  Please don’t hate me.”  I rested my forehead on hers, the salty tears dripping from my eyes onto her cheeks.

  I tried to block out the few screams coming from Royal’s Warrior, but each one would still make me flinch slightly.  Wishing and hoping that Sky can’t and will never hear them.  While, before I enjoyed hurting him, now I only feel disgust in what I did, what I saw us do to him.

  “Wake up, Sky.  All of us need you.”  I sighed as I pulled away from her and wiped wet droplets from her face.

  She didn’t move, she continued to lay there unconscious and dying.  Her vibrant red hair fell around her face making her look all the more fair.  Her lips colored a light shade of pink where slightly parted as slow even breaths fell from them.

  Leaning in I softly pressed my lips to hers.  They molded together perfectly, her’s were feather soft and full.  I pulled away and brushed my thumb across her lips reverently.

  “I love you, Sky.  Please wake up.”  I breathed before giving her another soft kiss.  “I love you.”

  I could swear I felt her breathing hitch slightly, but when I pulled away nothing had changed.  Her breathing was even and she hadn’t moved at all.  It was only my mind playing tricks on me, I wanted any reason to present itself that I wasn’t going to loose her.  But that wasn’t going to happen.  She was already gone.

Sky’s POV

  I got up as the final pieces were about to disintegrate into nothing.  My core was about to completely disappear, whatever was going to happen next none of us knew, but from the little I was told it wasn’t going to be good.

  The sparks falling and fading from the slowly shrinking barrier sparkled in my view.  I looked around at the red and gold extensions that branched away from each of the twelve bonds, spreading out in all directions and twisting a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter