37*

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai’s POV

  Sky’s now in her room sobbing, and it was starting to get to me.  I wanted to go and calm her down, I wanted to make her stop and smile again.  But nothing I could do right now would help, nothing but finding Chanyeol.  And that was exactly what D.O and I were going to do in a few minutes.

  The two of us were given the duty of searching the park from top to bottom for even a sign that Chanyeol had been there.  Even knowing he passed though there would be better than not a single thing.  The past few days have been hard on all of us.  I’ve seen the way my brothers look at Sky, with such sadness and worry.  None of us knew what to do or how to respond to a girl with her emotions running high. 

  None of us have dealt with girls before, when we actually want to take care of them, so this was a new experience for all of us, and it was a little scary.  All of us agreed that things would be better if Chanyeol was back, that would be the easiest way to stop Sky from feeling this way.

  “Are you ready, Kai?”  D.O asked coming up beside me at the front door.

  “Of course.”  I replied, the sound of Sky’s sobs could still be faintly heard through the house.

  Nodding his head, he led the way out of the house and we began the second search in the five days that our elder has been gone.  It was best that the two of us were given the park, D.O would be able to search with the aid of the earth and I had the advantage of getting us anything we might need as we made out way around.  Light wasn’t an issue for us or we would have brought Baekhyun or Chen with us to help.

  The streets through the campus and the city were deserted and dark as the two of us made our way towards the park.  The two of us walked in silence.  It wasn’t uncomfortable in the least, it was a comfortable silence that we allowed to envelope us.  D.O and I were close, like Chanyeol and Baekhyun.  We knew each other pretty well, better than the others knew us, so we understood that both of us liked to keep the silence around even if it became a little uncomfortable.

  Walking the same path Sky had taken us, we went over a little of the path Luhan and Sehun went over the day before to make sure Chanyeol hadn’t come past here recently.  Past the shops and down the empty sidewalks.

  “Do you think he will be there, Kai?”  D.O asked me as we continued on our way.

  “I hope so.  I don’t know where else he could have gone.”  I answered him.

  If Chanyeol wasn’t somewhere in the park, then I don’t believe any of us would know where else he could have gone.  For all the time I have known my friend, I have never seen him storm out when he gets mad.  He might yell and throw a tantrum, but he won’t leave over something like this. 

  “Would he even come back with us if we did find him?”  I asked.  I didn’t want to upset Chanyeol anymore then he probably already was.  Chanyeol, when angry, was almost as bad as Kris when he is mad at us.  It’s scary with his powers, even at this level.

  “He isn’t going to have much choice in the matter.”  D.O sighed, “Sky needs him home and I’m not going to give him much of a choice in this.  We need to think about Sky, she’s the one suffering right now,”

  We stopped at the entrance to the park and looked around at the shadowy paths.  The moon was high in the sky casting it’s soft glow to allow us to see our way.  The forest looked almost haunted as we made the first few steps past the gate.  The leaves of the trees would rustle as the small breeze blew through the branches, carrying with it a sharp chill.

  I could feel the sharp wind bite at my skin, but I didn’t really feel the coldness of it.  A few dark clouds were floating through the burgundy sky giving an almost eerily feel to the atmosphere.  Why anyone would want to come to a place like this at night was beyond me, but we had to search anyway.

  “Let’s take the path around the park that Sky told us about.”  I suggested. 

  “All right.”  D.O affirmed and we took the path to our right and began the search.

  We had taken this same way when Sky brought us for lunch before Xiumin was found.  That was a hard day for all of us.  I haven’t had Sky almost die on me before like some of the others have, but once was enough for me.  Seeing her in D.O's arms and knowing I couldn’t help her was so painful.  Feeling her through the connection was immensely painful as she kept trying

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter