26*

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  “Kai!  Sehun!  Are you ready to go!”  I shouted from the entranceway.  I had their Cards in attached to my hip, the rest were locked away in my room.

  The sound of the two youngest running down the stairs to meet me was heard throughout the whole house.  I just smiled and shook my head at their actions before they vanished into their Cards.  I called a quick goodbye to the rest of the Warriors in the house before I made my way to class.

  Lecture hours were shortened and we had more field training to make up for the loss.  I can’t say I wasn’t happy that I got to spend more time practicing, I just wished that I could actually learn something useful in class.  Maybe going back to the basics was to my advantage; I could relearn and enhance what I already know.

  So maybe I just have to fake not knowing what I’m doing and hope for the best.  But I know for a fact that I am stronger than any of them here, so I have to hold back more than I’m used to, but that can be advantageous in helping me up the amount of strength I can use, if I have to keep holding it back.

  And if I wanted to work on just strength, I could always practice with the boys.  They have the skill and strength that I need to learn how to win against, so who better to learn from then them.  I would bring it up with them tonight, see if even one of the would agree to help me.

  But for now, I will have to live with just what I get in class.  Key came marching out into the park a few moments later.  “Line up, kids!”  He shouted and we all got into a line.  “I am going to focus of form today.  I don’t care how hard you can hit or how accurate you are.  I just want you to be doing it properly.”

  I inwardly groaned, this was going to be a long class.  So here I was learning how to properly punch someone so I didn’t hurt myself.  It was actually quite funny; I had proper form right from the beginning.  Key had us pair up and practice gently punching the others hands when they held them up.  I was paired with a girl I didn’t know and I had to hold my strength back so much so that I didn’t hurt her.

  The feeling of my knuckles hitting the palm of her hand was something I missed when I practiced with my cousins.  I never hit harder than she had with me, which was barley anything, but enough so that you could hear the sound of the connection.  We switched again, and she missed a few times which was pretty sad, what was worse was that at times it barely even hit me at all.

  Even the boys were bad at this.  I was very disappointed in everyone’s overall performance.  And I clearly wasn’t the only one, Key was ringing his hands as he watched the epic failure of the class in front of him.

  “Stop!  Get over here!”  And here came Diva Key all over again.  “You are never going to learn anything if you don’t try!  You need motivation!  Dammit, I didn’t want to have to use this to make you work at all, but you frustrate me too much!”

  We just stared at him having no idea what he was talking about.  I get that we have to train in order to actually be able to exist in the real world, but why are so fast?

  “The school hosts a competition between grades every year.  Every student has to participate in at least one of the competitions.  There are three categories this year, Warrior vs. Warrior, Physical fighting between Dealers and the one none of you should participate in.  It’s a suicide competition for first years, too dangerous for your lack of skills.”  Key explained.

  “What is it?”  I asked.  His description pricked my interest; if it was anything fun, I was going to do it.

  “Of course you would ask, Sky. Warriors and Dealer vs. Warriors and Dealer.”

  “So the Dealers are fighting alongside their Warriors?”  I asked for clarification.

  “Yeah, that’s about right.  This is manly done by fourth year students.  In this part of the games, the Dealers will be a part of the fight and will probably have to face off with opposing Warriors in combat.  It’s dangerous and should only be done by students with high levels of knowledge in physical and Warrior combat.  None of you will be doing that one.”

  Yeah he can think that all he wants.  I am so going to do that one.  It sounds like so much fun.  I get to fight and I get to fight against Warriors to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter