92

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  Lunch went by in silence just as most of the morning did.  None of them would explain anything to me past what they did only leaving more questions floating in my head.

  I’m taking it surprisingly well that my Ability might kill me.  I thought I would freak out more, but I’m actually rather calm.  Maybe I’ve grown used to having s many shocking things thrown at me that this is almost nothing.  Crazy and Impossible aren’t really words in my vocabulary anymore, at least they are starting not to be.

  Most people would start mentally spaz if they learned that they might die from using an Ability.  Most Dealer don’t even have to think about these things since none of their Abilities can kill them.  Yet, here I am with said problem and no worries plaguing my mind because of it.

  It seems that not even death is scaring me anymore.  Sure I’m scared to die and don’t want to die anytime soon, but not because of my Ability will I fear something more.  My Ability to be a Mimic is part of me, it will be both good and bad in many ways and I can’t do anything about it.  I can’t just forget about it like it isn’t there.  It mill react to my emotions and if I can’t control it I will cause harm to people around me.

  Honestly I don’t care what happens to me so long as I don’t hurt people because I don’t know what I’m doing.  If I have to die to keep the people I care about safe then so be it.  I’m not scared to get hurt to protect someone.  I’m not weak, and I’m not afraid.  No matter how scared I am, I will hide it if I have to, to keep a smile on someone’s face.

  I just want answers.  That’s all I really want right now.  I don’t want to be left in the dark about things that affect me.  I want to know the things that have an effect on my life, but I’m not getting those answers.  I’m not being given the answers to the questions that bother me.

  First Sehun is stopped from telling me about the other boys.  Then I learn about more mysteries behind my Ability and the boys’ past yet all I get it more questions and no answers.  All I ever seem to get are questions pilled on questions and no sign of any answers in sight.

  What are they hiding from me?

  That was the biggest question.  Just what did they not want me to know about.  What were they hiding, what was Sehun trying to tell me that Luhan made him stop before he said it?  What was in their history that was so freaking important that I wasn’t allowed to learn anything about?

  Who are they?

  “You ready Sky?”  Kai asked as he walked into the library where I was curled up on the chaise lounge.

  I let out a long breath, “Yeah, where do you want to go?”

  “We can stay here.  Hyungs have the storm outside attacking the yard; so unless you want to get wet we should spend the day inside.”  He replied as he stayed by the door.

  “Whatever works for you.”  I say, sitting up and running my fingers thought my red hair.  “You choose where want to teach me.  Preferably a place where injuries are minimal.”

  Kai laughed a little, “Here would be best then.  Well why don’t we get started, your feeling fine right?”

  “Yeah, I feel fine?  Why?”  I watch him closely from across the room.

  “Because you aren’t going to feel fine after we get started.”  Kai said before he vanished from in front of me.  Black mist the only ruminates of where he was last standing at the entrance to the library.

  “Teleportation never leaves a good feeling when you first start.”  Came Kai’s voice from behind me.  Spinning around in my seat I stared at Kai with wide eyes as tendrils of dark mist vanished into the air around him.  Seeing it again is still rather hard to believe.

  “How did you . . .” I start before shutting up and just watching as he teleported around the room, black mist left behind.  He finally stopped in front of me and just blinked.

  “Tap into my bond already so we can get started.”  He said as he stood up straight, reaching down to help me up.  Placing my hand in his outstretch one I let him pull me up.

  “I’m not going to dissolve if I tap into you bond am I?”  I asked him skeptically.

  “No.”  He laughed loudly as he pulled me to the middle of the room.  “Nothing will happen to you.”

  I sighed but didn’t say anything else as I let myself connect with Kai’s bond.  Nothing felt different which was the scary part.  I’m thinking that I should be able to tell that I’m connected with Kai’s bond, but there is nothing.   I have absolutely no different sensations then I did when I wasn’t connected to it.

  “You connected?”  Kai asked.

  “Yes.”

  “Good.”  The next thing I know I’m on the other side of the room and it feels like insides just got thrown around inside of me.  I feel nauseous and my head is spinning; if Kai weren’t holding me I would have collapsed.  “Are you okay?”

  I groan, “No.  What the hell just happened?”

  Kai carefully helped me to the floor; I rested my back against the wall and just breathed.  “You just teleported with me.  We went about six feet.”  He informed me.

  “Does it always feel like this?”  I say trying to get the nauseous feeling to go away.

  “It will at first yeah.”  Kai answered sadly. “You’ll get used to it though, and soon you won’t get this feeling anymore.  Just take it easy for a few minutes and the feelings should subside.”

  Like Kai said, the nauseous feeling slowly went away as I sat there.  It wasn’t a very pleasant feeling and I really don’t want to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter