81

Red Skys and Royal Cards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  I’m currently sitting on the lawn in my backyard staring up at the crimson sky.  I’m beyond exhausted.  For the past three hours all I have been doing is trying to control the little ball of fire over my palm, trying to make it grow larger and burn hotter.  For three hours I have been doing this and it is getting boring.

  Chanyeol won’t teach me anything else and it is starting to get annoying.  I’ve managed to get the ball to more than triple in size and burn twice as hot but still it isn’t enough for him.  I get that he just wants to help me but this is not helping my patience level at all.

  About three minutes ago I gave up.  I was done with Chanyeol’s boring training and opted to lay here and ignore his insistent blabbering that I had to keep going.  I was not going to keep making a ball of fire appear over and over again.  I could do that quite well already.

  If he didn’t shut up in the next minute I was going to try practicing what I could do on my own and hope it goes the way I want it to.  The other eleven boys are sitting around the yard doing a variety of different things.  A few were reading, I’m pretty sure Sehun and Kai are asleep while the others are mock-fighting each other or just fighting to let off steam.

  “You can’t just keep laying there Sky!”  Chanyeol nagged, “If you want to be able to control my Specialty you need to practice and listen to me!”

  That’s it!  You need to stop Chanyeol!  I growled to myself and I raised my right leg and kicked it out.  I saw a bright ball of fire shoot in the direction I kicked my leg – right towards Chanyeol and his annoying self.  I wasn’t really thinking anything was going to come of that but seems I’m better at this than I originally thought.

  “The hell!”  Chanyeol exclaimed as he stumbled backwards from the force that my little ball of fire hit him with.  I must have surprised him because I didn’t think that would have worked if he were expecting anything.

  I didn’t flinch and I didn’t bat an eye at him as I continued to just lie there like I was innocent – even though I clearly wasn’t.  Other than Chanyeol I was the only one capable of doing that and he knew it quite well but I wasn’t going to say anything about it.  Chanyeol needs to be silent for even a full minute and I will be happy about that because I really don’t want to listen to his nagging any longer.

  But that’s all wishful thinking.  Sigh.  “Sky!  What did you just do?  I did not tell you to do that!  What were you thinking?  What if you hit one of the other?  Huh?  You could have seriously hurt them!”

  I bolted upright as glared right at Chanyeol, “Would you be quite already?  I’ve been doing the same damn thing for hours and by now I can do it with out any effort.  So if you don’t stop hounding me to do the same thing over and over again I will really try to test how well I can control your fire.”

  Like noted of me, I have a short temper and I tend to let it run loose quite often.  Right now being one of those times.  I get that I need to know the basics and learn control before moving on to more difficult things but this is getting ridiculous.

  “Sky . . .” Chanyeol started but let his voice fade off to nothing.

  I held my hand out towards him as that stupid ball of fire appeared and then flared larger and stronger, “You see this?  This is what I have been doing for over three hours now.  It is still the same and it isn’t going to change much and you know it.”  I tossed the ball in the air and caught it with my other hand.  “I’ve thought of way to play with this ball, each of them nothing like what you are teaching me.  You want to see?”  I growled.

  I tossed the ball of flames into the air before standing up and catching it again.  I let it roll around my palm a few times before tossing it once again into the air.  When I caught it this time though I let my hand grab on to a single portion n the flames for flicking my wrist out and letting the ball form a rod.

  I may not be skilled at using a sword or a stick to fight but I knew a few tricks.  Grabbing hold of the middle of the rod I spun it around between my two hands until it was so fast it looked like a large circle of flames in front of me.  Finally I stopped it and had it by my side pointing away from me towards Chanyeol.

  I stood up straight again and the rod became the little ball of fire Chanyeol has been making me create over and over again.  “That is what I can do with this little ball of fire.  There are probably and infinite number of things I could do with this little ball, but all you have me do it make it appear and disappear.  I’m tired of doing that Chanyeol, so unless you can teach me something else I think I have you fire under control.”

  Chanyeol was slack jawed as he stood there in front of me.  His eyes round

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter